Stocks To Watch: BPCL, Eicher Motors, Hero MotoCorp, Hindalco, NTPC, Tata Steel
Asian stocks saw a muted start to trading Friday after a lackluster U.S. session as investors mulled the stalemate in stimulus negotiations and parsed signs of an economic recovery. Treasury yields steadied near an eight-week high. Stocks slipped in Japan and South Korea, and ticked higher in Australia.
Here are the stocks to watch in trade today:
- Greaves Cotton: Nagesh Basavanhallli has resigned from post of MD and CEO with effect from Aug. 13. He has been appointed as an additional director and vice-chairman of the company.
- Ahluwalia Contracts has secured new construction order worth Rs.290 crore from NBCC.
- AGC Networks has completed the acquisition of Pyrios via its indirect arm Black Box Networks Services for both Australia and New Zealand.
- Vedanta promoter Twin Star Holdings increased their stake from 34.44% to 37.11% on Aug. 11 via conversion of American depository shares into equity shares.
- Dishman Carbogen Amcis has announced investment of 90 million euros for two expansion projects in Switzerland and France. In Switzerland, the project will be initiated in 2021 with construction of a new API manufacturing facility at its Hunzenschwil site. In France, a new, state-of-the-art facility dedicated to custom development and manufacturing of parenteral drug products will be made. Capex to be funded by a mix of debt and cash accruals.
- Jagran Prakashan has alloted NCDs worth Rs 250 crore on a private placement basis.
- JSPL has started supply of head hardened rails to Rail Vikas Nigam for the completion of Kolkata Metro's Joka-Esplanade corridor. Company was selected by Rail Vikas Nigam to supply 3000 MT of head hardened rails for Kolkata Metro rail tracks. So far, JSPL has supplied 1300 MT of 1080 grade head hardened rails and remaining delivery of 1700 MT will be made within a week.
- Bank of India: Board approved raising up to Rs 8,000 crore by way preferential issue, QIP, futher public offer, etc.
- Tata Power has allotted 49.06 crore shares to Tata Sons at a price of Rs 53 per share aggregating to Rs 2,600 crore
- Gateway Distriparks: Rights issue subscribed by 1.24 times. Issue has been closed on Aug. 13.
- Aurobindo Pharma’s ANDA for methocarbamol gets USFDA approval.
Hero MotoCorp Q1 (Standalone, YoY)
- Revenue down 63% at Rs 2,971.5 crore (Est Rs 2,756 crore)
- Net profit down 95.1% at Rs 61.3 crore (Est Rs 82.2 crore)
- Ebitda down 90.7% at Rs 108.1 crore (Est Rs 94 crore)
- Margins at 3.63% versus 14.4% (Est 3.4%)
- Exceptional income of Rs 737.5 crore in base quarter
Eicher Motors Q1 (Consolidated, YoY)
- Revenue down 65.6% at Rs 818.2 crore (Est Rs 791 crore)
- Net loss at Rs 55.2 crore versus Net profit at Rs 451.8 crore (Est Net loss at Rs 2 crore)
- Ebitda down 99.4% at Rs 3.8 crore (Est Rs 2.4 crore)
- Margins at 0.5% versus 25.8% (Est 0.03%)
BPCL Q1 (Standalone, QoQ)
- Revenue down 43.8% at Rs 38,785 crore (Est Rs 42,169 crore)
- Net profit at Rs 2,076.2 crore versus Net loss at Rs 1,361 crore (Est Rs 1,505 crore)
- Ebitda gain at Rs 3915.8 crore versus Ebidta loss at Rs 619 crore (Est Rs 2,846 crore)
- GRM at $0.39/bbl versus $0.75/bbl
- Inventory gain of Rs 567 crore in current quarter
Tata Steel Q1 (Consolidated, YoY)
- Revenue down 32.4% at Rs 24,288.51 crore (Est Rs 23,542.6 cr)
- Net loss at Rs 4,373.6 crore vs Net profit of Rs 699.6 crore (Est Net loss at Rs 2,276.8 crore)
- Ebitda down 90.5% at Rs 505.5 crore (Est Rs 1,289.2 crore)
- Margins at 2.1% versus 14.9%
- Impacted due to lower level of capacity utilization across geographies
- Lower steel volumes and adverse product mix across geographies weighed
- European division’s massive losses added to the pressure
Shriram Transport Finance Q1 (Standalone, YoY)
- Net Interest Income down 6.83% at Rs 1,873.7 crore (Est 1,868 crore)
- Net profit down 49.5% at Rs 320.1 crore (Est Rs 450 crore)
- Net profit impacted by higher provisioning and impairment of assets
- July collection at 73% versus 71% in June
- Covid-19 provision of Rs 956 crore recorded in current quarter
Trent Q1 (Standalone, YoY)
- Revenue down 87.4% at Rs 96.3 crore (Est Rs 159 crore)
- Net loss at Rs 139.5 crore versus Net profit at Rs 57.9 crore (Est Net loss at Rs 83 crore)
- Ebidta loss at Rs 119.2 crore versus Ebidta gain at Rs 163.9 crore (Est Ebidta loss at Rs 48 crore)
3M India Q1 (Consolidated, YoY)
- Revenue down 57% at Rs 346.2 crore
- Net loss at Rs 42.5 crore versus Net profit at Rs 90.1 crore
- Ebitda loss at Rs 48.4 crore versus Ebidta gain at Rs 148.5 crore
Prestige Estates Projects Q1 (Consolidated, YoY)
- Revenue down 17.2% at Rs 1,273.7 crore
- Net profit down 98.6% at Rs 1.6 crore
- Ebitda down 16.8% at Rs 439.1 crore
- Margins at 34.5% versus 34.3%
- Exceptional gain of Rs 38 crore in base quarter
Bharat Rasayan Q1 (Standalone, YoY)
- Revenue down 20.5% at Rs 281.7 crore
- Net profit up 12% at Rs 46.7 crore
- Ebitda down 7.5% at Rs 65.5 crore
- Margins at 23.3% versus 20%
- Margins improve due to lower cost of raw materials
Endurance Technologies Q1 (Consolidated, YoY)
- Revenue down 68.4% at Rs 603.1 crore (Est Rs 911 crore)
- Net loss at Rs 24.9 crore versus Net profit at Rs 165.6 crore (Est Net loss at Rs 30 crore)
- Ebitda down 87.5% at Rs 42.8 crore (Est Rs 51.1 crore)
- Margins at 7.1% versus 17.9%
Balkrishna Industries Q1 (Consolidated, YoY)
- Revenue down 21.4% at Rs 942.6 crore (Est Rs 973 crore)
- Net profit down 25.6% at Rs 131.6 crore (Est Rs 156 crore)
- Ebitda down 10.3% at Rs 240.5 crore (Est Rs 273 crore)
- Margins at 25.5% versus 22.4%
- ADF Foods
- Ahluwalia Contracts
- Alkyl Amines Chemicals
- Berger Paints
- Best Agrolife
- Bodal Chemicals
- Clariant Chemicals
- Dilip Buildcon
- Dollar Industries
- Finolex Cables
- Fortis Healthcare
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
- Greenply Industries
- Huhtamaki PPL
- IIFL Wealth Management
- Indian Bank
- La Opala RG
- LGB Forge
- NCL Industries
- Sun TV Network
- Sundaram Multi Pap
- Olectra Greentech
- New India Assurance
- Ramco Cements
- Themis Medicare
- Thirumalai Chemicals
- United Breweries
- Varroc Engineering
- VRL Logistics
- Zuari Global
Pledged Share Details
- JSPL promoters released pledge of 39 lakh shares from Aug.6-11
- Ajanta Pharma promoter Ravi Agrawal created pledge of 75,000 shares on Aug.12
- Navin Fluorine promoter Mafatlal Impex released pledge of 67,473 shares on Aug.12
- JSW Energy promoter Glebe Trading created pledge of 84 lakh shares on Aug.11
- Ufo Moviez promoter Apollo International revoked pledge of 22.66 lakh shares on Aug.11
- Laurus Labs promoter Satyanarayana Chava revoked pledge of 5.6 lakh shares from Aug.10-12
(As Reported On Aug.13)
Who’s Meeting Whom
- Cummins India to meet DSP Mutual Fund on Aug.14
- Mahindra Holidays & Resorts to meet Laburnum Capital, Sundaram MF and Emkay Investments from Aug. 14-17.
- Castrol India to meet Highclere International Investors and Pari Washington Advisors from Aug.18-20
- DCM Shriram Industries: Asian Markets Securities acquired 1.39 lakh shares (0.80%) at Rs 162.71 per share.
- Satin Creditcare Rights Issue: SBI Emerging Asia Financial Sector Fund sold 9.58 lakh rights shares at Rs 18.65 per rights share.
- Spencer’s Retail Rights Issue: MFS International New Discovery Fund sold 96,463 rights shares at Rs 18.4 per rights share.
- AGM Date: Alkyl Amines, Aster DM Healthcare, EIH, ICICI Bank, JK Cement, La Opala RG, Nesco, Nilkamal, Prism Johnson, Indian Overseas Bank, Century Textiles.
- Fund Raising: Embassy Office Parks REIT.
- Ex-Date For Rights Issue: Minda Industries (rights entitlement at 1:27, premium at Rs 248 per share).
- Price Band Revised From 10% To 5%: Ashiana Housing, Kirloskar Electric, Lemon Tree Hotels, Anuh Pharma.
- Price Band Revised From 20% To 10%: Jubilant Industries, Orissa Minerals Development.
- Move Into ASM Framework: Sanghvi Forging and Engineering, Gokaldas Exports, Vimta Labs.
- Move Into Short Term ASM Framework: IDFC, Monnet Ispat & Energy, Kopran, Aurionpro Solutions, Shalby, INEOS Styrolution, Tarmat.
- Move Out Of Short Term ASM Framework: SMS Lifesciences, PG Electroplast, The Great Eastern Shipping, Firstsource Solutions, Essel Propack.
- Dabur promoter MB Finmart sold 18,530 shares on Aug. 10
- JSW Steel promoter JTPM Metal Traders acquired 24.1 lakh shares from Aug.7-12
- Jamna Auto Industries promoter Pradeep Singh acquired 2.9 lakh shares from Aug.11-12
- Panama Petrochem promoters acquired 59,935 shares from Aug.10-12
- Dr Lal PathLabs promoter Dr Vandana Lal sold 56,515 shares on Aug.12
(As Reported On Aug.13)
- Nifty August futures closed at 11,323.5; premium of 23 points versus premium of 7 points
- Nifty August futures Open Interest down 2.4%, sheds 2.5 lakh shares in Open Interest
- Nifty Bank August futures closed at 22,217; premium of 21 points versus premium of 27 points
- Nifty Bank August futures Open Interest down 9%, sheds 1.5 lakh shares in Open Interest
- Nifty Put Call Ratio at 1.49
Nifty Monthly Expiry: Aug 20
- Max Open Interest on call side at 12,000 strike (13.9 lakh shares)
- Max Open Interest on put side at 10,400 strike (14 lakh shares)
- Active options: 10,400 Put (9.2 lakh shares), 12,000 Call (9.5 lakh shares)
Nifty Monthly Expiry: Aug 27
- Max Open Interest on call side at 11,500 strike (23.2 lakh shares)
- Max Open Interest on put side at 11,000 strike (32.7 lakh shares)
- In Ban: Ashok Leyland, Aurobindo Pharma, Bata India, BHEL, Canara Bank, Century Textile, Glenmark Pharma, IndiaBulls Housing, Vodafone Idea, Muthoot Finance, SAIL and Vedanta
- New In Ban: Ashok Leyland, BHEL