Stocks To Watch: Biocon, Jet Airways, Marico, Mindtree, Wipro
Asian stocks were mixed at the start of Wednesday trading with a lack of fresh impetus to extend gains for global equities after a strong first quarter.
Equities opened flat in Japan, while those in Seoul retreated and shares in Sydney eked out gains. The S&P 500 Index ended a little changed after being lower most of the session. The Singapore-traded SGX Nifty, an early indicator of NSE Nifty 50 Index’s performance in India, rose 0.12 percent to 11,800.50 as of 7:30 a.m.
Short on time? Well, then listen to this podcast for a quick summary of the article!
Here Are The Stocks To Watch In Trade Today:
- Wipro completed the divestment of its workday and cornerstone on demand business to Alright Solutions, receiving $95.27 million out of the total $100 million. The company said that the impact of this divestment will be reflected in the March quarter results. The divestment is likely to completed by the June quarter of financial year 2020. Upon completion of such divestment the company will receives the remaining $4.73 million.
- Marico said that during the fourth quarter they have witnessed stable demand conditions and healthy offtake growth on the back of the competitive strength of franchise. Value added hair oils had a weak quarter and domestic business delivered volume growth in-line with near term outlook. Operating margin is expected to improve moderately as pressure from input costs eased and operating leverage benefits kicked in.
- Mindtree said L&T has made a cash offer of Rs 980 per share to acquire 5.13 crore shares representing 31 percent of the voting share capital from its shareholders. Mindtree said that its U.K. arm Bluefin Solutions stands dissolved with effect from April 2.
- Jet Airways said that additional 15 aircrafts have been grounded due to non-payment of dues to lessors.
- Infosys arm selected by Ahli United Bank (Kuwait) to automate the bank’s operational process.
- JK Tyres & Industries: India Ratings revised its long-term rating from IND A+ to IND A, negative outlook remains the same. The rating agency says that company’s net leverage has been a matter of concern.
- HEG to increase stake in Bhilwara Energy from 29.48 percent to 49 percent for Rs 162.05 crore. The acquisition will be completed in financial year 2020.
- TCS said its banking solutions has been successfully deployed in China based Harbin Bank.
- Karnataka Bank entered in to MoU with Bharti Axa Life Insurance for distribution of latter’s life insurance products. This is the third such tie-up by the bank after PNB MetLife Life Insurance Co. Ltd. and LIC of India.
- Mahindra Lifespace Developers: Jayant Manmandkar resigned from CFO’s post with effect from April 30, to pursue professional opportunities outside realty sector.
- Forbes Company said that they have handed over 50 percent of the Business Undertaking in Project Vicinia to Paikar Real Estates Private Limited towards completion of the transaction.
- Biocon to sell and transfer drug substance business to its wholly owned biologics unit for Rs 33.3 crores. The company says the transfer of business will help in consolidation of the business.
- Emami won case against HUL for the third time in in last one year on unfair disparagement. Delhi High Court rejected HUL’s plea who claimed Fair and Handsome’s TV Commercial to be disparaging to its own brand – Fair & Lovely. Court Upheld upheld the right of Fair and Handsome to run the advertisement that shows how women’s fairness creams are not designed for use on men’s tough skin.
- Lumax Auto Technologies said it has closed its PCB manufacturing unit in Haryana from April 1. The news of discontinuation was informed to the exchanges on March 16.
- Arvind Fashions said Kannan Soundararajan resigned from CFO’s post with effect from April 2. Pramod Gupta will take over the post.
- Mastek appointed Dennis Badman as Chief Business Officer of the Group.
- Rushil Décor said that Pollution Control Board has allowed the company to operate its manufacturing facility in Gujarat till July 1. The orders were given by the pollution control to completely shut the operations for the said plant on March 29.
- HUDCO said it has achieved loan sanctions of Rs 34,453.8 crore and loan releases of Rs 31,008.6 crore for the financial year 2018.
- Essel Propack received repayment of Inter Corporate Deposit of Rs 30.7 crores. The company says with this said payment it has realised a total amount of Rs 96 crores against with entity, which was earlier classified as related party.
- State-run Rail Vikas Nigam IPO gets 48 percent demand on third day sale. Offer closes today.
- Metropolis Healthcare IPO at Rs 877-880 open for sale, closes on April 5. The company raises Rs 530 crore from anchor investors.
- Polycab India IPO Price Band Set at Rs 533-538, Offer opens April 5.
- Annai Infra Developers seeks SEBI’s approval for IPO.
- Shoppers Stop: Abakkus Growth Fund acquired 4.8 lakh shares or 0.44 percent equity at Rs 474.35 each.
Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals
- SBI Mutual Fund acquired 39 lakh shares or 0.62 percent equity at Rs 212.5 each.
- Nordea 1 Sicav sold 77.57 lakh shares or 1.24 percent equity at Rs 212.5 each.
- Fidelity Investments acquired 29.5 lakh shares or 2.04 percent equity at Rs 151.5 each.
- Virtus Kar International Small Cap Fund sold 30 lakh shares or 2.07 percent equity at Rs 151.5 each.
Pledge Share Details
- Saurashtra Cement promoter Vila Trading revoked 24.9 lakh shares on March 29.
- Adani Enterprises promoter group Gautam Adani revoked pledge of 1 lakh shares on March 30.
- Mercator promoter and director Harish Mittal invoked pledge of 5 lakh shares on March 27.
- Jindal Steel & Power revoked pledge of 10.85 lakh shares from March 27-29.
- GTL Infra promoter GTL invokes pledge of 204.65 crore shares on March 28.
- Future Consumer promoter Future Capital Investment created a pledge of 1.75 crore shares on March 28.
- Adani Transmission promoter group Gautam Adani revoked pledge of 3.6 lakh shares on March 30.
- Future Retail promoter Future Corporate Resources released pledge of 2 lakh shares and created a pledge of 16.25 lakh shares from March 29-30.
- Bharat Gears record date for rights issue of equity shares.
- Arshiya, Ganesha Ecosphere, JK Agri Genetics to move into short term ASM Framework.
- Ganesha Ecosphere price band revised to 10 percent.
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank price band revised to 5 percent.
Who’s Meeting Whom
- DCM Shriram to meet White Oak Capital on April 3
- Mahindra & Mahindra to meet Pureheart Asset Management on April 12
- Mahindra Lifespace Developers to meet L&T Mutual Fund and Canara Robeco from April 9-10
Dabur India promoter Ratna Commercial Enterprises acquired 1 lakh shares from March 27-28
- Nifty April Futures closed trading at 11780, premium of 67 points
- Max open interest for April 25 series at 12,000 Call, open interest at 23.4 lakh shares
- Considerable open interest for April 25 series at 11,500 Put, open interest at 19.3 lakh shares
- Max open interest for April 25 series at 11,000 Put, open interest at 24.8 lakh shares
Stocks In F&O Ban
- In Ban: Adani Power, IDBI, Reliance Power
CLSA on Marico
- Maintained ‘Buy’ with a price target of Rs 465.
- Q2 commentary seems decent and stands out in current context.
- Stable demand conditions in India.
- Reasonable international and overall margin expansion.
Macquarie on Marico
- Maintained ‘Outperform’ with a price target of Rs 394.
- Domestic business delivers near-term volume growth guidance of 8-10 percent.
- Operating margin expected to improve on lower input cost and leverage.
- Significant pick-up in new launched in Q4FY19.
CLSA on Bharti Airtel
- Maintained ‘Buy’ with a price target of Rs 410.
- India mobile revenues to grow from March quarter.
- Non-mobile operations to drag India business.
- Africa business to be stable.
JPMorgan on Zee Entertainment
- Maintained ‘Neutral’; cut price target to Rs 455 from Rs 530.
- Short term concerns on revenue growth emerge.
- Margins to face pressure from slower topline and need for higher investments.
- Expect 100 basis point decline in Ebitda margin over FY19-21.
Nomura on Eicher Motors
- Downgraded to ‘Reduce’ from ‘Neutral’; cut price target to Rs 18,335 from Rs 20,653.
- Competition could further impact growth.
- Company may need to re-look their pricing strategy to drive customer interest.
- Cut Ebitda margin estimates by 100 basis points and EPS by 12 percent for for the current and the next financial year.
HSBC on Indian IT
- Infosys: Downgraded to ‘Hold’ from ‘Buy’; cut price target to Rs 780 from Rs 860
- TCS: Maintained ‘Hold’; cut price target to Rs 1,900 from Rs 2,060.
- Rise in bank spending to be patchy with uncertain macro environment in the U.S.
- Margin worries at peak with onshore wage pressures compounding.
- Infosys best positioned to grow in 2019, but not immune to macro shocks.
PhillipCapital on Jubilant Foodworks
- Maintained ‘Buy’ with a price target of Rs 1,850.
- SSSG is expected to moderate to 11 percent in Q4 from above 15 percent seen in the past few quarters.
- Considering a high base SSSG in Q4FY19 has been encouraging.
- Offers favourable risk-rewards to long-term investors, given 37 percent EPS CAGR over FY18-21.
Motilal Oswal on Reliance Industries
- Downgraded to ‘Neutral’ from ‘Buy’; hiked price target to Rs 1,457 from Rs 1,426.
- Downgrading to neutral due to limited upside.
- Expect the core business to face headwinds in 2019.
- Retail growth to be at lower margins; Jio’s growth may slow down.