Stocks To Watch: Bharti Infratel, Divi’s Labs, Future Retail, IRCTC, SBI Life Insurance, Zee Entertainment
India's benchmark indices ended lower after gaining for three-straight days on the back of weak global cues and a stronger U.S. Dollar.
The S&P BSE Sensex ended 1% lower at 38,220 while the NSE Nifty 50 index managed to hold the mark of 11,300, ending 0.84% lower at 11,312.
Stocks To Watch
- Divi's Laboratories & SBI Life Insurance: To be included in the Nifty 50 index from September 25.
- Bharti Infratel & Zee Entertainment: To be excluded in the Nifty 50 index from September 25.
- Future Retail: Bloomberg News reports that the company is in talks with banks led by State Bank of India to raise cash to help pay interest worth $14 million due on its dollar notes. The company has missed the earlier deadline of July 22 and is currently in a 30-day grace period that expires today. Failure to make the payment within the grace period would constitute as a default.
- Future Enterprises: Defaulted in payment of interest on NCD’s worth Rs 12.65 crore which was due on August 16.
- GMM Pfaudler: To acquire 54% stake in the global business of the Pfaudler group for a total consideration of $27.4 million. The company will acquire 34.4% of the stake by itself and 19.6% stake through its wholly-owned subsidiary Mavag AG. The acquisition is likely to be completed in the next 4-5 months.
- Siemens: Competition Commission of India approves proposed acquisition of C&S Electric.
- Hindalco: Signs MoU with Ultratech to deliver 1.2 million tonnes of red mud per annum to Ultratech's 14 cement plants located across seven states. Red Mud is also known as Bauxite residue.
- HG Infra Engineering: To consider raising funds via equity offerings on August 25.
- Indian Bank: CRISIL revised outlook on the bank's tier-1 bonds worth Rs 2,100 crore to negative from rating watch with developing implications. The rating of CRISIL AAA has been maintained.
- Healthcare Global: Reports a decline of 28.2% in its revenue year-on-year for the June quarter. Net loss has widened to Rs 39.8 crore from Rs 18 crore. Ebitda fell 58.5% to Rs 18.3 crore while margins declined to 9.5% from 16.4% last year.
- Non-Nifty Earnings Today: Union Bank of India, Punjab National Bank, Indiabulls Housing Finance, Oil India, Kolte-Patil Developers, Rossari Biotech.
Healthcare Global Enterprises Q1 (Consolidated, YoY)
- Revenue down 28.2% at Rs 192.4 crore
- Net loss at Rs 39.8 crore versus Net loss at Rs 18 crore
- Ebidta down 58.5% at Rs 18.3 crore
- Margins at 9.51% versus 16.4%
- Genus Paper & Boards
- Kolte - Patil Developers
- Oil India
- Suprajit Engineering
- Coffee Day Enterprises
- Indiabulls Housing Finance
- SMS Lifesciences
- Union Bank of India
- Rossari Biotech
- Punjab National Bank
Nifty 50 Index
- Inclusions: Divi’s Laboratories, SBI Life Insurance.
- Exclusions: Bharti Infratel, Zee Entertainment Enterprises.
Nifty Next 50
- Inclusions: Adani Green Energy, Alkem Laboratories, Bharti Infratel, L&T Infotech, Tata Consumer Products.
- Exclusions: Divi's Laboratories, NHPC, Page Industries, SBI Life Insurance, Shriram Transport Finance.
Nifty 500 Index
- Inclusions: Aarti Drugs, ABB Power Products and Systems, Adani Enterprises, Alembic, Alok Industries, Chalet Hotels, Gujarat Ambuja Exports, Huhtamaki PPL, IOL Chemicals and Pharma, Navneet Education, Polyplex Corporation, Shilpa Medicare, Solara Active Pharma Sciences, Supreme Petrochem, Suven Pharmaceuticals, Tata Chemicals, Yes Bank.
- Exclusions: Adani Power, GE T&D India, Hexaware Technologies, Himatsingka Seide, IFCI, India Tourism Development Corporation, IndoStar Capital Finance, Intellect Design Arena, Jubilant Life Sciences, KPR Mills, Mahindra CIE Automotive, Nava Bharat Ventures, Sadbhav Engineering, Shree Renuka Sugars, Take Solutions, Time Technoplast, Vesuvius India.
Nifty Midcap 100 Index
- Inclusions: Adani Enterprises, Alembic Pharmaceuticals, ICICI Securities, Navin Fluorine International, Page Industries, Sanofi India, Shriram Transport Finance, Tata Chemicals, Yes Bank, Zee Entertainment Enterprises.
- Exclusions: Adani Power, Alkem Laboratories, Hexaware Technologies, IDBI Bank, Jubilant Life Sciences, Larsen & Toubro Infotech, Mangalore Refinery & Petrochemicals, PNB Housing Finance, Quess Corp, Tata Consumer Products.
Nifty Smallcap 100 Index
- Inclusions: Alok Industries, Amber Enterprises, BASF India, Bharat Dynamics, Central Depository Services (India), Engineers India, FDC, IDBI Bank, Indian Bank, Indian Energy Exchange, JB Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals, PNB Housing Finance, Suven Pharmaceuticals, Thyrocare Technologies, Westlife Development.
- Exclusions: Ashoka Buildcon, Galaxy Surfactants, Gujarat Alkalies & Chemicals, Gujarat State Fertilizers & Chemicals, Himadri Speciality Chemical, Hindustan Copper, ITI, JM Financial, Lakshmi Machine Works, Metropolis Healthcare, MMTC, Navin Fluorine International, NCC, PNC Infratech, Raymond.
Alert: All changes in the indices will be effective from September 25.
Pledged Share Details
- JSW Energy promoter Glebe Trading created pledge of 84 lakh shares on Aug.11
- Future Enterprises promoter Central Departmental Stores invoked pledge of 2.23 crore shares on Aug.18
- Future Retail promoters invoked pledge of 1 crore shares from Aug.17-18
(As Reported On Aug.20)
Who’s Meeting Whom
- Tata Motors to meet BFAM Partners on Aug.28.
- Hiedelberg Cement to meet First State Investments on Aug.21.
- Mahindra Logistics to meet Birla MF, ICICI Securities and Kotak Securities from Aug.25-31.
- Prince Pipes and Fittings to meet Mirae Asset Global Investments on Aug.21
- V-Guard: SBI MF acquired 94.97 lakh shares (2.22%) at Rs 160.25 per share and Axis MF sold 94.97 lakh shares (2.22%) at Rs 160.25 per share,
- Future Consumer: Clix Capital Services sold 1.12 crore shares (0.58%) at Rs 11.2 per share.
- AGM Date: Aurobindo Pharma, Natco Pharma, Radico Khaitan, MCX, Bandhan Bank, Astral Poly, Navine Fluorine, TTK Prestige, Voltas, Whirlpool.
- Fund Raising: Dixon Tech.
- Listing: Max Healthcare .
- Record Date For Share Buyback: FDC.
- Ex-Date For Share Buyback: MPS.
- Ex-Date For Demerger: Fairchem Speciality.
- Price Band Revised From 10% To 5%: Everest Kanto Cylinder, HT Media, State Trading Corporation of India, Tanla Solutions.
- Price Band Revised From 20% To 10%: Aarti Drugs, IG Petrochemicals, Varroc Engineering
- Price Band Revised From 20% To 5%: Fairchem Speciality
- Move Into ASM Framework: IRB Infrastructure Developers, PG Electroplast, Megasoft.
- Move Into Short Term ASM Framework: Hi-Tech Pipes, Cimmco, Capacit'e Infraprojects, Excel Realty & Infra.
- Move Out Of Short Term ASM Framework: Himachal Futuristic Communications, HIL, GVK Power & Infrastructure, Allsec Technologies, Prince Pipes And Fittings.
- Mangalam Cement promoter Rambara Trading acquired 1 lakh shares on Aug.19.
- Tanla Solutions promoter D Reddy acquired 7 lakh shares from Aug.19-20
- Mindtree promoter Akila Krishna Kumar sold 76,389 shares from Aug.14-17
- Dr. Lal Pathlabs promoter Dr. Arvind Lal sold 1.93 lakh shares from Aug.18-20
(As Reported On Aug.20)
Money Market Update
- The rupee ended weaker at Rs 75.03 against the dollar on Thursday versus Rs 74.82 against the dollar on Wednesday.