Stocks To Watch: Bata, Coal India, InfoEdge, NMDC, Tata Power
Indian equity markets continued their record-breaking run, extending their winning streak for the seventh straight day, ending at another record high.
The S&P BSE Sensex ended 1.6% higher, above the mark of 43,000 for the first-time. The index closed at 43,277. The NSE Nifty 50 index ended above the mark of 12,600 - up 1.36% at 12,631.
Here are the stocks to watch in trade today:
- NMDC has announced Rs 1,378 crore buyback. Board has approved proposal to buy back 13.12 crore shares (4.29% equity stake) at Rs 105 per share. Buyback price is at a premium of 11.7% to the closing prices as on Nov. 10. Record date for buyback set at Nov. 23.
- Wipro won five-year software engineering services engagement from ThoughtSpot.
- Varroc Engineering, Endurance Tech: Naresh Chandra has resigned as chairman and director of company with effect from Nov. 10 due to personal reasons. Current managing director Tarang Jain will become the chairman of Varroc Engineering.
- Mayur Uniquoters: Board approved buyback of 7.5 lakh shares (1.65% equity stake) at Rs 400 per share aggregating to Rs 30 crore. Nov. 25 fixed as record date for buyback.
- Tata Power: Debt of Rs 2,600 crore paid in October and Rs 1,500 crore under pre-payment notice for November. Total gross debt down 14% to Rs 17,300 crore, as on Sept. 30 on a sequential basis. Sale of Defence business to Tata Advanced Systems completed at enterprise value of Rs 1,076 crore.
- TTK Prestige has successfully concluded a long-term settlement covering all its workmen at the company’s Coimbatore unit.
- GPT Infra received Rs 30.2 crore order for making a bridge over the Yamuna river from the government.
- JB Chemical & Pharma: Statutory auditor DNV & Co., Chartered Accountants resigned with effect from Nov. 11. Resignation is due to company's need to have auditor having high acceptability among institutional investors as also auditor who has resources to assign across geographies in which the company and its direct and indirect subsidiaries function. Deloitte Haskins & Sells LLP appointed as new statutory auditors.
Aarti Industries Q2 (Consolidated, YoY)
- Revenue up 18.7% at Rs 1,172.6 crore versus Rs 988.1 crore (Est Rs 1,038 crore)
- Net profit down 5% at Rs 140.2 crore versus Rs 147.6 crore (Est Rs 128 crore)
- Ebidta flat at Rs 254.3 crore versus Rs 254.1 crore (Est Rs 245 crore)
- Margins at 21.7% versus 25.7% (Est 23.6%)
- Margins impacted by higher cost of raw material and employee expenses
Bata Q2 (Consolidated, YoY)
- Revenue down 49% at Rs 367.9 crore versus Rs 722 crore (Est Rs 370 crore)
- Net loss at Rs 44.1 crore versus Net profit at Rs 71.3 crore (Est Net loss at Rs 25 crore)
- Ebidta down 90.2% at Rs 18.2 crore versus Rs 185.3 crore (Est Rs 39.6 crore)
- Margins at 4.95% versus 25.7% (Est 10.7%)
InfoEdge Q2 (Standalone, YoY)
- Revenue down 19.1% at Rs 256.1 crore versus Rs 316.6 crore (Est Rs 278 crore)
- Net profit up 5.5 times at Rs 51.2 crore versus Rs 9.3 crore (Est Rs 83.7 crore)
- Ebidta down 48.1% at Rs 51.5 crore versus Rs 99.3 crore (Est Rs 99 crore)
- Margins at 20.1% versus 31.4% (Est 35.6%)
- Exceptional loss of Rs 75 crore in base quarter
Tata Power Q2 (Consolidated, YoY)
- Revenue up 8% at Rs 8,289.8 crore versus Rs 7,677.8 crore (Est Rs 7,510 crore)
- Net profit up 8.4% at Rs 279.6 crore versus Rs 257.9 crore (Est Rs 317 crore)
- Ebidta down 11.2% at Rs 2,001.2 crore versus Rs 2,253 cr (Est Rs 1,929 crore)
- Margins at 24.1% versus 29.3% (Est 25.7%)
- Margins decline due to higher employee costs and higher cost of power purchased
- Coal India
- Power Grid Corporation
- Shree Cement
- Apollo Hospitals Enterprise
- Ashoka Buildcon
- Asian Granito India
- Astra Microwave Products
- Aurobindo Pharma
- AGC Networks
- Best Agrolife
- Bharat Forge
- Brigade Enterprises
- Capacit'e Infraprojects
- GE Power India
- Computer Age Management Services
- FCS Software Solutions
- Fiem Industries
- Finolex Cables
- Galaxy Surfactants
- Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers
- GIC Housing Finance
- Godrej Industries
- Gujarat Mineral Development Corporation
- Gujarat State Petronet
- Himadri Speciality Chemical
- Hawkins Cookers
- Hind Rectifiers
- Hindustan Oil Exploration Company
- Indiabulls Housing Finance
- Indraprastha Gas
- Ircon International
- LIC Housing Finance
- Linde India
- MAS Financial Services
- Max Healthcare Institute
- Metropolis Healthcare
- Mindspace Business Parks REIT
- Mishra Dhatu Nigam
- Munjal Auto Industries
- National Fertilizers
- Nava Bharat Ventures
- Orient Paper & Industries
- Panacea Biotec
- Petronet LNG
- Prestige Estates Projects
- Procter & Gamble Health
- Religare Enterprises
- Rupa & Company
- S H Kelkar and Company
- Titagarh Wagons
- Ujjivan Financial Services
- V2 Retail
- VA Tech Wabag
Pledged Share Details
- Max Financial Services promoter Max Ventures Investment Holdings created pledge of 40.6 lakh shares from Oct. 29-Nov. 9.
(As Reported On Nov. 10)
- Apollo Pipes: Sageone Investment Advisors acquired 67,729 shares (0.52%) at Rs 602.2 per share.
- CG Consumer Electricals: Promoters Amalfiaco and Macritchie Investments sold 5.5 crore shares (8.77%) at Rs 296.57 per share, HDFC Standard Life Insurance acquired 45 lakh shares (0.72%) at Rs 296.5 per share, Societe Generale acquired 37.67 lakh shares (0.60%) at Rs 296.5 per share and SBI MF acquired 1.01 crore shares (1.62%) at Rs 296.49 per share.
Who’s Meeting Whom
- Cipla to meet Capital Research Global Investors on Nov. 12
- DCM Shriram to meet Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance on Nov. 11
- Castrol India to meet Aberdeen Asset and Artisan Partners on Nov. 24
- Cummins to meet BofA Securities on Nov. 11
- AGM: Premier Explosives, Rama Steel Tubes.
- Price Band Revised From 10% To 5%: Salona Cotspin, Ujaas Energy.
- Move Into ASM Framework: Balaxi Pharmaceuticals, Laurus Labs, Karda Constructions, Ballarpur Industries, Ausom Enterprise.
- Move Into Short Term ASM Framework: Nagreeka Exports.
- Greenply Industries promoter SM Management acquired 53,759 shares from Nov. 9-10
- Adani Ports & SEZ promoter Adani Properties acquired 7 lakh shares on Nov. 9
- Dixon Tech promoter Sunil Vachani sold 47,481 shares on Nov. 6
(As Reported On Nov. 10)
- Nifty November futures closed at 12,662; premium of 31 points vs premium of 19 points
- Nifty November futures Open Interest up 2.4%, adds 2.7 lakh shares in Open Interest
- Nifty Bank November futures closed at 28,644; premium of 38 points vs premium of 47 points
- Nifty Bank November futures Open Interest up 4.4%, adds 78,000 shares in Open Interest
- Nifty PCR at 1.54
Nifty Monthly Expiry: Nov. 12
- Max Open Interest on call side at 13,000 (22.4 lakh shares)
- Max Open Interest on put side at 12,000 (31.9 lakh shares)
- Active options: 12,500 Put (+24.3 lakh shares), 12,500 Call (-9.91lakh shares)
Nifty Monthly Expiry: Nov. 26
- Max Open Interest on call side at 13,000 (16.8 lakh shares)
- Max Open Interest on put side at 12,000 (30 lakh shares)