Stocks To Watch: Bank Of Baroda, GTPL Hathway, HPCL, IndusInd Bank, ONGC, Petronet LNG, Tata Motors
Asian stocks began another brutal session on Friday as fears about the coronavirus gripped global markets following the biggest tumble for U.S. equities since 2011.
Losses for Japan’s Nikkei 225 topped 3 percent in early trading, and Australian stocks saw similar declines. U.S. futures ticked higher, though remained volatile. The Singapore-traded SGX Nifty, an early indicator of NSE Nifty 50 Index’s performance in India, fell 1.4 pecent to 11,448 as of 7 a.m.
Short on time? Well, then listen to this podcast for a quick summary of All You Need To Know before the opening bell.
Here Are The Stocks To Watch Out For In Today’s Trade
- Bank of Baroda sold its entire 4.9 percent stake in Petronet MHB Ltd. for Rs 52.56 crore. The deal is expected to be completed in Q4FY20.
- HPCL and ONGC will acquire 17.3 percent stake in Petronet MHB Ltd. for Rs 185.38 crore. After the acquisition, the companies will hold a 50 percent stake in Petronet MHB Ltd. The transaction is expected to be completed in Q4FY20.
- HDB Financials plans to raise up to Rs 1,500 crore from bond sale.
- Dhanlaxmi Bank has appointed Sunil Gurbaxani as Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer of the bank.
- GTPL Hatchway says promoter Jio Content Distribution Holdings Private Limited to sell up to 43.12 lakh shares of the company via OFS. The floor price for the OFS has been fixed at Rs 63 per share (4 percent discount from yesterday’s closing price).
- Tata Motors: India CCI has reviewed antitrust complaint against Tata Motors: Reuters.
- Lemon Tree Hotels announced its debut in Bhutan, with the launch of Lemon Tree Hotel, Thimphu. This hotel is the second international launch for the company, with an already operational hotel in Dubai. Further hotels will be signed in Nepal and Bhutan, which will open in the future, the company said in the press release.
- RITES’ OFS in the non-retail portion was subscribed 1.32 times.
- S&P has revised the credit outlook of Motherson Sumi’s subsidiary Samvardhana Motherson Automotive Systems Group B.V to Negative.
- Sintex industries will not consider a stake sale in BVM overseas due to non-receipt of the favourable deal.
- Pidilite Industries will acquire a 70 percent stake in Tenax India Stone Products Pvt. Ltd. (Tenax India) for Rs 80 crore. Tenax Italy (parent) is the leading manufacturer of adhesives, coating, surface treatment chemicals and abrasives for the marble, granite and stone Industry.
- Mahindra Lifespace Developers will acquire land parcel in Pune for development of a residential project.
- Petronet LNG and Tellurian Inc. will execute a supplementary MoU aimed at facilitating the terms of the pact signed by the two companies in Sept. 2019 for the driftwood project.
- Standard Chartered Bank (Mauritius) Limited A/C Valiant Mauritius Partners Offshore Limited buys 70.56 lakh shares (4 percent equity) at Rs 94.1 each.
- Morgan Stanley Mauritius Company Ltd sells 70.56 lakh shares (4 percent equity) at Rs 94.1 each.
Who’s Meeting Whom
- Prince Pipes to meet several fund houses such as HDFC AMC, Principal MF, Quest Capital among others on Feb. 28.
- Tata Steel to meet Macquarie Capital and Aditya Birla Life insurance on March 3 and 4 respectively.
- PNB Housing Finance’s price band revised to 20 percent.
- Godrej Industries promoter Anamudi Real Estates LLP bought 1.2 lakh shares from Feb. 24 -25.
- L.G.balakrishnan & bros promoter V.Rajvirdhan sold 20,000 shares on Feb. 26.
- Zensar Technologies promoter Instant Holdings Limited bought 25,908 shares on Feb. 24.
- Ultramarine & Pigments promoter Sridhar Sundarrajan sold 5,473 shares on Feb. 26.
- Som Distillieries & Breweries promoter Som Distilleries Private Limited bought 2000 shares on Feb. 26.
- ADF Foods promoters acquired 2,400 shares on Feb. 26.
- Aarti Drugs promoter Jay Manilal Savla (Momi's Trust) sold 500 shares on Feb. 24.
- Bajaj Finserv promoter Kumud Bajaj bought 38,300 shares from Feb. 25 – 26
- Astec Lifesciences Limited promoter Godrej Agrovet Limited bought 7424 shares from Feb. 20 – 24
- Just Dial promoter Anita Mani bought 50,000 shares on Feb. 25.
(As Reported on Feb. 27)
- Nifty March futures closed at 11,629.2, a discount of 4 points
- Nifty futures across series open interest rose 10 percent, added 17 lakh shares in open interest
- Nifty Bank March futures closed at 30,255.7, a premium of 68.7 points
- Nifty Bank futures open interest across series rose 2 percent, added 30,000 shares in open interest
- Rollover: Nifty at 77.6 percent, Nifty Bank 75 percent
- Nifty PCR at 1.37 versus 1.01 (across all series)
Nifty Weekly Expiry: March 5
- Max open interest on call side at 12,000 (17,700 shares)
- Max open interest on put side at 11,600 (11.5 shares)
- Open interest addition seen in 11,700C (+12.5 lakh shares), 11,600C (+8.7 lakh shares)
Nifty Monthly Expiry: March 26
- Max open interest on call side at 12,000 (18.5 lakh shares)
- Max open interest on put side at 11,800 (23.9lk shares)
Securities In Ban