Stocks To Watch: Bajaj Finance, Bharti Airtel, Coal India, PVR, Tata Power, Ujjivan Small Finance Bank, Vedanta
Asian stocks rose Tuesday, spurred by a surge on Wall Street, after early results for an experimental vaccine sparked speculation economies could snap back quickly. Oil extended gains and Treasury yields held near five-week highs.
Here are the stocks to watch in trade today:
- Coal India: The government clarified that it does not intend to privatise state-run Coal India even as it opens up the sector for commercial mining.
- Vedanta board has approved the proposed delisting of mining baron Anil Agarwal's flagship Indian unit from the stock exchanges. Agarwal announced the intention to take his company private last week.
- PVR said that it will not play any films that have already been released on streaming platforms. The multiplex operator said it expects to receive permission to reopen cinema halls in a staggered manner by the end of July or early August.
- Tata Consumer Products will acquire 50 percent of PepsiCo’s share in NourishCo Beverages Ltd. NourishCo is a 50:50 joint venture between the Tata Consumer and PepsiCo India Holdings Private Limited. This will consequently terminate the joint-venture, making NourishCo a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tata.
- Adani Green Energy: Vistra ITCL (India) Limited released 2.67 percent shares of company.
- Future Supply Chain Solutions: Care Ratings downgraded the credit rating of non-convertible debentures and long-term bank facilities to A- from A+ with negative implications. Proposed commercial paper of the company downgraded to A2+ from A1
- Aditya Birla Fashion & Retail to raise Rs 400 crore by issuance of 4,000 redeemable unsecured non-convertible debentures of Rs 10 lakh each, on a private placement basis on or after May 21, 2020.
- Raymond board to consider and approve issue of non-convertible debentures worth Rs 100 crore on a private placement basis on May 21, 2020.
- Punjab National Bank to pay interest on its 9.05 percent unsecured redeemable, non-convertible Basel III compliant Tier II bond of Rs 1,000 crore to all the beneficiaries on June 24, 2020. Payment shall be made for the period of June 24, 2019 to June 23, 2020.
- Apollo Tyres board allotted non-convertible debentures of Rs 500 crore on a private placement basis.
Bharti Airtel Ltd. (Consolidated, QoQ)
- Revenue rose 8.1 percent to Rs 23,723 crore.
- Net loss at Rs 5,237 crore versus loss of Rs 1,035 crore.
- Ebitda rose 10.1 percent to Rs 10,202 crore.
- Margin at 43 percent versus 42.2 percent.
- Exceptional loss of Rs 7,004 crore due to reassessment of regulatory costs.
- ARPU at 11-quarter high of Rs 154.
Commencement of Operations
- Deepak Nitrite subsidiary Deepak Phenolics Ltd.
- Garware Technical Fibres Ltd.
- Kirloskar Oil Engines Ltd.
- Gujarat Reclaim & Rubber Products Ltd.
Torrent Power (Consolidated, YoY)
- Revenue up 2 percent at Rs 2983.5 crore
- Net loss at Rs 274.92 crore versus a profit of Rs 24.8 crore
- Ebitda up 16.52 percent at Rs 827.04 crore
- Margin at 27.72 percent versus 24.27 percent
AstraZeneca Pharma (Standalone, YoY)
- Revenue up 2.4 percent at Rs 194.9 crore
- Net profit down 2.55 percent at Rs 9.57 crore
- Ebitda up 132.3 percent at Rs 14.8 crore
- Margin at 7.59 percent versus 3.35 percent
Delta Corp (Consolidated, YoY)
- Revenue down 11.4 percent at Rs 180.93 crore
- Net profit down 48.8 percent at Rs 29.04 crore
- Ebitda down 45.8 percent at Rs 47.65 crore
- Margin at 26.33 percent versus 43.04 percent
GSK (Consolidated, YoY)
- Revenue up 3.3 percent at Rs 775.8 crore
- Net profit down 5.95 percent at Rs 138.07 crore
- Ebitda up 6.4 percent at Rs 173.56 crore
- Margin at 22.37 percent versus 21.71 percent
- Board recommends dividend of Rs 40 per equity share of face value of Rs.10 each which includes a special dividend of Rs 20 per share
Monnet Ispat and Energy (Consolidated, YoY)
- Revenue up 15.85 percent at Rs 617.31 crore
- Net loss down 30.25 percent at Rs 104.48 crore
- Ebitda down 112.42 percent at Rs 5.40 crore
- Margin at 0.87 percent versus -8.16 percent
Dr Lal Pathlabs (Consolidated, YoY)
- Revenue up 0.19 percent at Rs 301.7 crore
- Net profit down 40 percent at Rs 32.5 crore
- Ebitda down 13.4 percent at Rs 57.3 crore
- Margin at 19 percent versus 21.9 percent
Nifty Earnings Today
- Bajaj Finance
Other Earnings Today
- Sanofi India
- Tata Power
- Ujjivan Small Finance Bank
- Embassy Office Parks REIT
- G N A Axles
- Gabriel India
- JMC Projects
- Larsen & Toubro Infotech
- Pioneer Distilleries
- Rane Brake Lining
- Transport Corporation of India
Key Bulk Deals
- AU Small Finance Bank: Government of Singapore bought 19.7 lakh shares (0.6 percent equity) Rs 414.6 per share. Promoter Chiranjee Lal Agarwal sold 25 lakh shares (0.8 percent equity) at Rs 414.6 per share.
- Healthcare Global: Buena Vista Fund bought 19.3 lakh shares (2.2 percent equity) at Rs 94.8 per share
- First State Investment sold 10.6 lakh shares (1.2 percent equity) at Rs 93.4 per share
- Reliance Naval: Yes Bank sold 3 crore shares (0.4 percent equity) at Rs 1.05 per share
- Alpha Leon sold 45 lakh shares (0.01 percent equity) at Rs 1.09 per share
- Nifty May futures closed at 8826, premium of 3 points versus 0.2 points premium
- Nifty May futures open interest up 2.6 percent, adds 1.7 lakh shares in open interest
- Nifty Bank May futures closed at 17531, discount of 36 points versus 26 points discount
- Nifty Bank May futures open interest up 7.5 percent, adds 98,000 shares in open interest
- Nifty PCR at 0.95 versus 1.11 (across all series)
Nifty Weekly Expiry: May 21
- Max open interest on call side at 9500 (20.9 lakh shares)
- Max open interest on put side at 8500 (11.8 lakh shares)
- Active Options: 8500 Put (+3.5 lakh shares), 9000 Call (+13.8 lakh shares)
Nifty Monthly Expiry: May 28
- Max open interest on call side at 10,000 (24.9 lakh shares)
- Max open interest on put side at 8,500 (20 lakh shares)