Stocks To Watch: Axis Bank, Future Retail, HUL, L&T
Indian equities have ended lower for the third straight day as heavyweight Reliance Industries and technology stocks underperformed. The S&P BSE Sensex ended 1.1% lower at 48,347 while the NSE Nifty 50 index fell 0.9% to end at 14,238 on Monday.
Markets were shut on Tuesday, Jan. 26 for Republic Day.
Here are the stocks to watch in trade today:
- Future Retail:The company has received a communication from Amazon NV Investment Holdings LLC informing that it has filed a petition under Section 17(2) of Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 before Delhi High Court. The company has informed that it will defend the proceedings.
- HG Infra Engineering:lrcon International has cancelled the tender of GevraPendra/Pkg 1 in Chhattisgarh due to high quoted/revised rate, for which the company was declared L-1 bidder by lrcon International. The estimated project cost was Rs 713.69 crore and the company's bid price was Rs 784.99 crore. MSTC:Has received approval from Excise Department, Government of Rajasthan, for conducting an e-Auction for Liquor Shop License Contracts through MSTC's portal www.mstcecommerce.com.
- Bank of Baroda:The Central Bank of the UAE has imposed a financial sanction of approximately Rs 13.56 crore on the bank's GCC Operations in Dubai for deficiencies in compliance of AML and Sanctions Compliance Framework as of December 31, 2019. The bank is engaged with the relevant stakeholders and is exploring all necessary options available to get the aforesaid financial sanctions lifted.
- Agro Tech Foods:The company has restarted its commercial production and operations at its plant situated at Unnao, UP. This plant produces Tortilla Chips, Ready to Eat Popcorn, Extruded Snacks and Centre filled Cereal Snacks etc.
- Adani Transmission:Total Renewables, France has acquired 100% stake in Universal Trade and Investments, which was disclosed as part of the company's promoter group. Post this transaction, UT has now become part of the Total group and is no longer part of the promoter group of the company.
- Hindustan Zinc: Chief Financial Officer (KMP) - Swayam Saurabh has resigned from the services of the company, to pursue career outside the group.
- Inox Leisure:Has commenced the commercial operations of cinema, taken on Leave & License basis, located at Thane (West) with effect from January 26, 2021.
- Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone:Commenced cash tender offer for any and all of its US$500,000,000 3.95% Senior Notes due 2022.
- Nifty Earnings: Axis Bank, Hindustan Unilever
- Non-Nifty Earnings: Bank of Baroda, Canara Bank, Cosmo Films, Emami, HG Infra, ICICI Prudential Life Insurance, India Cements, JK Paper, Jyothy Laboratories, Laxmi Machine Works, Mahindra EPC, Marico, PNB Housing, Poly Medicure, PSP Projects, Quess Corp, Tata Coffee, United Spirits, Welspun India
L&T Q3FY21 (Consolidated, YoY)
- Revenue from Operations down 1.78% at Rs 35,596.42 crore vs Rs 36,242.68 crore
- Net Proft after tax up 4.9% at Rs 2,466.71 crore vs Rs 2,352.12 crore
- Recorded highest ever orders booked in a quarter
- Orders increase 76% YoY on large contracts
- Bagged biggest EPC contract in the country and first of its kind (High Speed Rail)
- International orders: 14% of total Q3 order flow
- Considerable spike in input cost in last 3 months
- Infra segment had a good quarter; order inflow up 79%
Earnings Post Market Hours
ICICI Securities Q3FY21 (Consolidated, YoY)
- Revenue up 47% at Rs 619.8 crore Vs Rs 422 crore
- Net profit up 96% at Rs 266.9 crore Vs Rs 136.1 crore
- Broking and Distribution revenue up 49% at Rs 579.2 crore Vs Rs 387.5 crore
- Cost to Income Ratio down to 42%
- Overall active clients up 17% at 1.63 million
- Private Wealth Management revenue up 86% to Rs 114 crore
- Assets Under Management up 45% at 1.47 lakh crore
- Highest ever addition of clients in a quarter at 1.39 lakh
- Distribution revenue up 5% at Rs 108 crore
Mahindra Holidays & Resorts Q3FY21 (Standalone, YoY)
- Revenue down 10% at Rs 226.6 crore Vs Rs 252.2 crore
- Net profit up 62% at Rs 40.6 crore Vs Rs 25 crore
- Ebitda up 15% at Rs 63.7 crore Vs Rs 55.2 crore
- Ebitda margin at 28.1% Vs 21.9%
- Member additions at 3,291
- Resort occupancy at 75% Vs 30% in Q2FY21
- Operations of European subsidiary Holiday Club Resorts was affected due to the second wave of Covid-19 amid local restrictions
Navin Fluorine Q3FY21 (Consolidated, YoY)
- Revenue up 19% at Rs 309.1 crore Vs Rs 260.5 crore
- Net profit up 25% at Rs 56.4 crore Vs Rs 45.1 crore
- Ebitda up 23% at Rs 80.5 crore Vs Rs 65.5 crore
- Ebitda margin at 26% Vs 25.1%
- 65% revenue contribution from high value business
- Weak demand for legacy business due to Covid is slowly returning to normal
- Working on capacity expansion and enhancing product portfolio
Pledge Share Details
- Adani Transmission: Promoters (Gautam S Adani and Rajesh S Adani) revoked pledge of 6.29 crore shares on January 22. As Reported On January 25.
- Aptech: Sapphire Intrex bought 3 lakh shares (0.74%) at Rs 201.5 per share. Abhishek Khaitan bought 2.5 lakh shares (0.62%) at Rs 200.01 per share.
- JK Tyre & Industries: Navodya Enterprises bought 15 lakh shares (0.61%) at Rs 142.03 per share. XTX Markets LLP bought 15.50 lakh shares (0.63%) at Rs 139 per share and sold 15.65 lakh shares (0.64%) at Rs 139.24 per share.
- Ex-Date Rights Issue: Emerald Leasing Finance & Investment Company
- Ex-Date Buyback: GAIL
- Ex-Date Interim Dividend: DCM Shriram, GAIL
- Ex-Date Final Dividend: Siemens
- Ex-Date Income Distribution (InvIT): India Grid Trust
- Ex-Date Resolution Plan -Suspension: Garden Silk Mills, Jaihind Projects
- Price Band Revised From 20% To 10%: Gateway Distriparks
- Move Into Short-term ASM Framework: Gateway Distriparks