Stocks To Watch: Axis Bank, Bharti Airtel, Hero MotoCorp, Tata Motors, Titan
Indian equity markets reversed most of the losses made on Monday, led by a strong rebound in financials and Pharma stocks.
The S&P BSE Sensex ended 0.9% higher at 40,522 while the NSE Nifty 50 index gained 1% to end at 11,889. Possible fund inflows due to the MSCI rejig kept the sentiment buoyant across select financial and some broader market names.
Here are the stocks to watch in trade today:
- Harley-Davidson and Hero MotoCorp announce agreements for India market. Hero MotoCorp will sell and service Harley-Davidson motorcycles, and sell parts and accessories through the network of Harley-Davidson dealers and Hero’s existing dealership network. Hero MotoCorp will develop and sell a range of premium motorcycles under the Harley-Davidson brand name.
- ICICI Bank said that United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has concluded their investigation into the Bank’s loan impairment provisions under U.S. GAAP and that the SEC does not intend to take any enforcement action against the Bank.
- JSW Steel: NCLT has approved a resolution plan submitted by company’s wholly owned arm JSW Steel Coated Products for Asian Colour Coated Ispat. Arm will infuse Rs 1,550 crore via mix of debt and equity in HSL (which is its wholly owned arm). HSL has already paid Rs 1,477 crore to financial creditors and infused Rs 76 crore in form of a loan.
- Tata Motors: Jaguar Land Rover sets aside 90 million pounds for potential European Union fines related to its fleet exceeding carbon dioxide limits. Ralf Speth has resigned as the non-executive director of the company. CEO of JLR Thierry Bollore and Kosaraju Veerayya Chowdary appointed as non-executive directors.
- Asian Paints: Compliance officer has approved trading plan sent by promoter Sattva Holding and Trading to adhere with RBI guidelines, where it will sell 5.64 crore shares (5.88% stake) between May 1, 2021 to April 30,2022 for a value of Rs 500 crore. Sale will be made in tranches. The proceeds from sale of shares will be utilised for reduction of debt and the quantum of pledged shares shall be reduced.
- Bharti Airtel to exit Ghana market taking an impairment of Rs 184 crore. Ghana government will acquire 100% stake in Airtel Ghana.
- Adani Gas to consider raising up to $400 million via foreign currency bonds on Nov.3.
- NACL Industries’ arm acquired Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation’s industrial land, which will be utilised to set up the green-field project for manufacturing of agrochemicals, active ingredients and formulation.
- Delta Corporation: Sikkim casino operations to resume from Nov.1.
- Cochin Shipyard has signed memorandum of undertaking with Italy’s Fincantieri for co-operation in the areas of design, ship building, ship repair, marine equipment manufacturing, besides training and skill development.
Bharti Airtel Q2 (Consolidated, QoQ)
- Revenue up 7.7% at 25,785 crore (Est Rs 24,571 crore)
- Net loss at Rs 763 crore versus Net loss at Rs 15,933 crore (Est Net Profit Rs 126.6 crore)
- Ebitda up 11.3% at Rs 11,848 crore (Est Rs 10,836 crore)
- Margins at 46% versus 44.4%. (Est 44.1%)
- ARPU at Rs 162 versus Rs 157 (Est Rs 158.5)
Tata Motors Q2 (Consolidated, YoY)
- Revenue down 18% at Rs 53,530 crore (Est Rs 48,294 crore)
- Net Loss at Rs 314 cr versus Net loss at Rs 217 crore (Est Net loss Rs 1,970 crore)
- Ebidta down 21% at Rs 5,691 crore (Est Rs 3,858 crore)
- Margins at 10.6% versus 10.9% (Est 8%)
- Axis Bank
- Dr. Reddy's Laboratories
- Hero MotoCorp
- Larsen & Toubro
- APL Apollo Tubes
- Aavas Financiers
- Blue Star
- Balaji Amines
- Carborundum Universal
- AU Small Finance Bank
- Century Enka
- CG Power and Industrial Solutions
- GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals
- Firstsource Solutions
- Heritage Foods
- ICICI Securities
- IIFL Wealth Management
- Kokuyo Camlin
- Max India
- Navin Fluorine International
- Orient Electric
- PI Industries
- Piramal Enterprises
- PNB Housing Finance
- Radico Khaitan
- RBL Bank
- Route Mobile
- Sharda Cropchem
- Snowman Logistics
- Supreme Industries
- Tata Coffee
- Thyrocare Technologies
- Texmo Pipes and Products
- UTI Asset Management Company
- V-Guard Industries
- Welspun Enterprise
Pledged Share Details
- Zuari Agrochemicals promoters released pledge of 66.75 lakh shares on Oct.23
(As Reported On Oct.27)
- Sandhar Tech: HSBC sold 12.09 lakh shares (2.01%) at Rs 236 per share.
- Jump Networks: Esaar India acquired 6.05 lakh shares (0.61%) at Rs 45.55 per share.
Who’s Meeting Whom
- Bajaj Consumer Care to meet Ashmore Investment Advisors and DSP Investments from Oct. 28-29
- AGM: Accelya Solutions
- Ex-Date Share Buyback: KIOCL
- Price Band Revised From 10% To 5%: Orient Green Power, Jump Networks, NDR Auto Components.
- Move Into ASM Framework: Shiva Cement.
- Move Into Short Term ASM Framework: Nahar Poly Films, Music Broadcast, Anant Raj.
- Move Out Of Short Term ASM Framework: Tata Steel Long Products.
- HFCL promoter MN Ventures acquired 10 lakh shares on Oct.27
(As Reported On Oct.27)
- Nifty October futures closed at 11,875; discount of 14 points vs premium of 12 points
- Nifty October futures Open Interest down 13%, sheds 12 lakh shares in Open Interest
- Nifty Bank October futures closed at 24,757; discount of 13 points vs premium of 51 points
- Nifty Bank October futures Open Interest down 27%, sheds 3.6 lakh shares in Open Interest
- Nifty PCR at 1.16
Nifty Monthly Expiry: Oct 29
- Max Open Interest on call side at 12,000 (44 lakh shares)
- Max Open Interest on put side at 11,500 (39 lakh shares)
- Active options: 11,800 Put (10lakh shares), 12,500 Call (-12.3lakh shares)