Stocks To Watch: Aurobindo Pharma, Future Enterprises, Hexaware, Indiabulls Housing, InterGlobe Aviation, Piramal Enterprises, SpiceJet, VA Tech Wabag
Asian stocks were little changed on Wednesday as investors awaited a Federal Reserve meeting to gauge the extent of central bank support for the economic recovery.
Shares were little changed in Japan and South Korea, and saw modest gains in Australia. S&P 500 futures dipped after the benchmark rose for a third consecutive session, as gains in technology shares helped offset a late slide in financials. Nasdaq 100 contracts retreated after a report that Facebook Inc. might face a possible U.S. antitrust lawsuit. Treasuries and the dollar edged higher.
The Singapore-traded SGX Nifty, an early indicator of the Nifty 50 Index’s performance in India, fell 0.35% to 11,500 as of 6:50 a.m.
Here are the stocks to watch in trade today:
- Piramal Enterprises: Blackstone Group and Partners Group Holding AG are the two remaining bidders vying for a controlling stake in the company’s glass unit-Piramal Glass. Group is seeking a seeking a valuation of $1 billion for the unit from the sale. (Bloomberg News)
- Indiabulls Housing Finance: Board approved allotment of 3.48 crore equity shares to qualified institutional buyers at issue price of Rs 196.37 per share, which includes a discount of 5% on the floor prices aggregating to Rs 682.9 crore. The issue closed on Sept.14. Key allottees include HSBC, Tosca Group, Nomura, Think India Opportunities Master Fun, Timf Holdings and Societe Generale.
- SpiceJet stated in a press release that it continues to maintain market share of 16% and it is restructuring aircraft leases and early return of aircraft thereby having long term saving impact on costs. Likely return to service of the Boeing Max in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2021 to boost operations. Boeing has offered more compensation than the company recognized.
- Bharti Airtel has partnered with Sterlite Tech to build a modern optical fibre network for Airtel across 10 telecom circles.
- Infosys has been selected by Essential Utilities, one of the largest publicly traded water, wastewater and natural gas providers in the U.S., as a strategic partner to drive its digital transformation
- Aviation Stocks: Civil aviation minister Hardeep Singh Puri stated that InterGlobe Aviation has modified engines in all of its 134 (A320/321) aircrafts with Pratt and Whitney turbines. Go Airlines has replaced the engines in 30 Airbus SE A320neo jets out of a total fleet of 46 such planes.
- Aurobindo Pharma: Government’s Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council has facilitated the establishment of the vaccine manufacturing platform in India by supporting Aurobindo Pharma’s COVID-19 vaccine development. Company is in the process of setting up a state-of-art manufacturing facility for viral vaccines which will be used to produce the COVID-19 vaccine and other viral vaccines. Council of Scientific and Industrial Research will also partner with the company for development of several novel Covid-19 vaccines.
- Hexaware Tech: Board has extended bid closing date till Sept.16 for the company’s delisting.
- REC: Board approved infusion of Rs 150 crore as equity in a company, proposed to be promoted as joint venture along with Power Finance Corporation, Power Grid Corporation and NTPC, for the purpose of creation of common backend infrastructure facility for smart meters.
- IRB Infra Developer’s arm has executed concession agreement with NHAI for an expressway project in Gujarat for a bid cost of Rs 1,724 crore.
- Dish TV to shift 50 percent of its set-top box production to India by the first quarter of fiscal 2021.
- Mangalore Chemicals and Fertilizers has shut down its DAP plant on Sept.15 for planned maintenance. Akshay Poddar has been appointed as the chairman with effect from Sept.29.
- Som Distilleries and Breweries: ICRA downgraded graded long term-rating to ICRA BBB from ICRA BBB-, with the outlook remaining negative.
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank stated that mutual due diligence with Clix group and the bank is completed. On June 15, the Bank had signed preliminary, non-binding letter of intent with Clix Group in relation to the proposed amalgamation of Clix Group with the Bank.
SpiceJet Q1 (Standalone, YoY)
- Revenue down 82.9% at Rs 514.7 crore (Est Rs 486 crore)
- Net loss at Rs 593.4 crore versus Net profit at Rs 261.7 crore (Est Net loss at Rs 1,039 crore)
- Ebitdar loss at Rs 166.5 crore vs Ebidtar gain at Rs 684.1 crore (Est Ebidtar loss at Rs 536 crore)
- Currently operating at 47% of pre‐covid 19 schedule post restart of operations.
- Cargo revenue up 2.44 times at Rs 165.9 crore
ITD Cementation Q1 (Consolidated, YoY)
- Revenue down 43.3% at Rs 399.4 crore
- Net loss at Rs 17 crore versus Net profit at Rs 16.7 crore
- Ebidta down 60.3% at Rs 29.6 crore
- Margins at 7.4% versus 10.6%
VA Tech Wabag Q1 (Consolidated, YoY)
- Revenue down 5.6% at Rs 430.9 crore
- Net profit up 96.2% at Rs 5.1 crore
- Ebidta down 22.7% at Rs 29 crore
- Margins at 6.73% versus 8.21%
- Lower taxes in the current quarter aided bottom line numbers
Procter and Gamble Health Q2CY2020 (Standalone, YoY)
- Revenue down 13.9% at Rs 201.2 crore
- Net profit up 10.9% at Rs 48.9 crore
- Ebidta down 2.56% at Rs 53.1 crore
- Margins at 26.4% versus 23.3%
- Margins improve due to lower expenses
- Tax reversal of Rs 8 crore in current quarter aided bottom line numbers
- Final dividend of Rs 230 per share (including one-time special dividend of Rs 188 per share)
Future Enterprises Q1 (Consolidated, YoY)
- Revenue down 87.3% at Rs 179.4 crore
- Net loss at Rs 293.8 crore versus Net loss at Rs 10.5 cr
- Ebidta down 96.9% at Rs 12.1 crore
- Margins at 6.74% versus 27.2%
Pledged Share Details
- Solara Active Pharma Sciences promoter Pronomz Ventures released pledge of 13.18 lakh shares on Sept.10.
- Radico Khaitan promoter Sapphire Intrex released pledge of 15 lakh shares from Sept.10-11
- Panacea Biotec promoters created pledge of 40 lakh shares on Sept.14
- Apollo Hospital Enterprises promoter PCR Investments released pledge of 10 lakh shares on Sept.11
- JSPL promoters released pledge of 27 lakh shares from Sept.9-10
- Uflex promoter Flex International released pledge of 2.7 lakh shares on Sept.14
- JSW Steel promoters created pledge of 18.8 lakh shares from Sept.9-11
(As Reported On Sept.15)
Who’s Meeting Whom
- Heidelberg Cement to meet Plutus Wealth Management on Sept.16
- Mahanagar Gas to meet Ventura Securities on Sept.18
- Brigade Enterprises to meet White Oak Capital, Goldman Sachs Investment and other investors from Sept.16-17.
- IIFL Finance to meet Bavaria Industries Group on Sept.16
- Asian Paints to meet WCM Investment Management on Sept.16
- BSE: Deutsche Boerse Group sold 7.87 lakh shares (1.75%) at Rs 554.36 per share and Nippon MF acquired 5.47 lakh shares (1.21%) at Rs 554 per share.
- Hexaware Tech: Societe Generale acquired 15.25 lakh shares (0.51%) at Rs 443.01 per share.
- Shilpa Medicare: Barclays Merchant Bank Singapore sold 4.94 lakh shares (0.61%) at Rs 560.21 per share.
- Stylam Industries: India 2020 Fund acquired 48,666 shares (0.60%) at Rs 638.68 per share.
- Waterbase: Promoter KCT Management Services acquired 3.25 lakh shares (0.78%) at Rs 105 per share.
- Radico Khaitan: Dovetail India Fund acquired 5.45 lakh shares (0.41%) at Rs 435 per share and Clareville Capital Opportunities Master Fund sold 5.45 lakh shares (0.41%) at Rs 435 per share.
- AGM Date: NTPC, ICRA, DB Corp, Relaxo Footwears, VST Tillers Tractors, Deepak Fertilizers and Petrochemicals, Godawari Power and Ispat, Lux Industries, Mahanagar Gas, Man Infra, Metropolis Healthcare, Sundaram Fasteners, Sun TV Network, Pricol.
- Fund Raising: Puravankara.
- Ex-Date For Rights Issue: Deepak Fertilizers and Petrochemicals (rights at 3:20, premium of Rs 123 per share)
- Move Into ASM Framework: Opto Circuits, Gujarat Natural Resources, 8K Miles Software Services.
- Move Into Short Term ASM Framework: GSS Infotech.
- Move Out Of Short Term ASM Framework: TIPS Industries, Crest Ventures, Monnet Ispat & Energy, IFGL Refractories, eClerx Services, SPML Infra.
- Sequent Scientific promoter Tarini Kumar sold 1.57 lakh shares on Aug.26
- Ceat promoters acquired 50,000 shares from Sept.10-11
- Trident promoter Trident Capital acquired 9.51 lakh shares on April 14
(As Reported On Sept.15)
- Nifty September futures closed at 11,534; premium of 12 points vs discount of 6 points
- Nifty September futures Open Interest up 1.4%, adds 1.6 lakh shares in Open Interest
- Nifty Bank September futures closed at 22597; premium of 131 points vs premium of 53 points
- Nifty Bank September futures Open Interest down 7%, sheds 1.3 lakh shares in Open Interest
- Nifty PCR at 1.35
Nifty Monthly Expiry: Sept 17
- Max Open Interest on call side at 11,700 (26.2 lakh shares)
- Max Open Interest on put side at 11,000 (25.2 lakh shares)
- Active options: 11,500 Put (9.6 lakh shares), 11,400 Call (-4.2lakh shares)
Nifty Monthly Expiry: Sept 24
- Max Open Interest on call side at 12,000 (24.1 lakh shares)
- Max Open Interest on put side at 11,000 (27.2 lakh shares)