Stocks To Watch: Aurobindo Pharma, Angel Broking, Bharti Airtel, SBI Life, Tata Motors
Indian equity markets ended lower amid subdued global cues and an elusive stimulus deal in the U.S. Volatility remained high through the session. The S&P BSE Sensex ended 1.33% lower at 40,145 while the NSE Nifty 50 index failed to hold the mark of 11,800, ending 1.36% lower at 11,767.
Here are the stocks to watch in trade today:
- NTPC to consider proposal for share buyback on Nov. 2. On Oct. 23 SEBI had granted certain exemptions to the company in order to go ahead with share buyback. The company is among the eight public sector undertakings directed by the government to consider a share buyback in order to boost its disinvestment kitty.
- Novartis said Aurobindo Pharma’s proposed generic version of a treatment for dry eye infringes 15 patents for Xiidra, which Novartis acquired in 2019 from Takeda for $3.4 billion. Novartis is seeking a court order blocking copies until the patents have expired. (Bloomberg News)
- IDBI Bank to consider raising funds via qualified institutional placement on Oct.29.
- Great Eastern Shipping: Board approved raising Rs 150 crore via NCDs.
- Forbes & Co: ICRA has downgraded long term funds from ICRA BBB+ to ICRA BB+, with outlook remaining negative and for short funds from ICRA A2 to ICRA A4+. The rating downgrade primarily reflects the weakening financial profile of the parent company, Shapoorji Pallonji.
- NCL Industries Sept. Update: Cement production up 65% at 6,14,975 MT and cement dispatches up 68% at 6,16,787 MT.
Torrent Pharmaceuticals Q2 (Consolidated, YoY)
- Revenue up 0.59% at Rs 2,017 crore (Est Rs 2,079 crore)
- Net profit up 27% at Rs 310 crore (Est Rs 286 crore)
- Ebitda up 17.4% at Rs 635 crore (Est Rs 614 crore)
- Margins at 31.5 % versus 27% (Est 29.5%)
- Margins and net profit improve due to lower other expenses
Angel Broking Q2 (Consolidated, YoY)
- Revenue up 80.4% at Rs 309.9 crore
- Net profit up 3.9 times at Rs 74.5 crore
- Ebitda up 3 times at Rs 110.5 crore
- Margins at 35.7% versus 21.7%
- Declared dividend of Rs 4.15 per share
- Added 5,49,802 clients in current quarter
Finolex Industries Q2 (Standalone, YoY)
- Revenue up 1.58% at Rs 585.8 crore (Est Rs 506 crore)
- Net profit up 16.6% at Rs 119.7 crore (Est Rs 52.2 crore)
- Ebitda up 76.6 % at Rs 144.8 crore (Est Rs 77 crore)
- Margins at 24.7% versus 14.2% (Est 15.2%)
- Lower cost of materials and other expenses and better realizations help in increasing margins
- Bharti Airtel
- Tata Motors
- Accelya Solutions
- Amara Raja Batteries
- Castrol India
- ICICI Prudential Life Insurance
- JM Financial
- Man Industries
- Mangalam Organics
- Nippon Life India Asset Management
- Orient Bell
- Sanofi India
- SKF India
- Suven Life Sciences
- TV18 Broadcast
- VST Industries
Pledged Share Details
- Adani Ports & SEZ promoter SB Adani Family Trust created pledge of 1.74 crore shares on Oct.23
- Dish TV promoters invoked pledge of 2.95 crore shares on Oct.22
- Adani Transmission promoter SB Adani Family Trust created pledge of 1.63 crore shares on Oct.23
(As Reported On Oct.26)
- Coforge: Promoter Hulst BV sold 38 lakh shares (6.27%) at Rs 2,310.56 per share.
Who’s Meeting Whom
- India Energy Exchange to meet Max Life Insurance and ICICI Pru Life Insurance on Oct.27
- AGM: IRCTC
- Price Band Revised From 10% To 5%: Reliance Home Finance, Tata Teleservices (Maharashtra).
- Price Band Revised From 20% To 10%: AGC Networks.
- Move Into Short Term ASM Framework: Reliance Power, Himatsingka Seide.
- Move Out Of Short Term ASM Framework: Jaiprakash Associates.
- Nifty October futures closed at 11,780; premium of 12 points vs premium of 4 points
- Nifty October futures Open Interest down 13%, sheds 13,000 shares in Open Interest
- Nifty Bank October futures closed at 24,126; premium of 51 points vs premium of 50 points
- Nifty Bank October futures Open Interest down 13%, sheds 2 lakhs shares in Open Interest
- Nifty PCR at 0.85
Nifty Monthly Expiry: Oct 29
- Max Open Interest on call side at 12,500 (56 lakh shares)
- Max Open Interest on put side at 10,500 (37 lakh shares)
- Active options: 11,900 Put (-7.2lakh shares), 11,900 Call (19.2 lakh shares)