Stocks To Watch: AU Small Finance Bank, Bandhan Bank, BSE, KEC International, Dixon Tech
Asian markets have opened higher this morning after technology stocks continued to fuel a rally on Wall Street. Benchmarks in Japan, South Korea and Australia have opened higher, while futures on the Dow Jones are little changed. The index ended 0.9% higher on Monday.
The U.S. Dollar has rebounded following its worst July in a decade while treasuries maintained losses.
West Texas Intermediate crude is down 1% after rising the most in two weeks on Monday.
Stocks To Watch
- Bandhan Bank: Bloomberg News reports that GIC has received approval from the Reserve Bank of India to increase its stake in the lender to 10%. MD & CEO Chandra Shekhar Ghosh said that the promoters may use the stake sale proceeds to start insurance, Mutual Fund units.
- Yes Bank: Moody's upgrades the long-term foreign currency issuer rating to B3 from Caa1, following the equity capital raise. The outlook has been revised to stable from positive. The capital raise has bolstered the lender's solvency and is the main driver for the upgrade, Moody's said in a note. The successful capital raise showcases the bank's regained access to the external market funds, which is a result of its improved financial strength and will support depositor confidence.
- Alembic Pharma: Launches QIP issue on August 3 at Rs 980.75 per share. The price is a 0.44% discount to Monday's close. The company may offer a discount of not more than 5% on the floor price, as per SEBI regulations. The indicative price for the same is Rs 932 per share which is a 5.4% discount to Monday's close. The board will meet on August 6 to consider the issue price. The issue size is tentatively Rs 650 crore with a green shoe option of an additional Rs 100 crore.
- Jubilant Lifesciences: Launches Remdesivir injection under the brand name ‘JUBI-R’ in the Indian market at a price of Rs 4,700 per vial of 100 mg (lyophilized injection).
- Biocon: Transaction documents have been executed between the company, Biocon Biologics, Active Pine LLP and Tata Capital Growth Fund. On July 31, the company announced that Tata Capital Growth fund will invest Rs 225 crore in Biocon Biologics for an equity stake of 0.85%.
- Infosys: National Bank of Bahrain selects the company's banking solution Finacle for its transaction banking business.
- Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail: Promoters increased their stake to 59.79% from 59.07%, through allotment of equity shares, pursuant to the rights issue on July 30.
- Bank of India: Has deferred capital raising for the next ensuing meeting.
- AU Small Finance Bank: Warburg Pincus reduced stake to 4.58% from 6.84% on July 30.
- KEC International: Secured new orders worth Rs 1,192 crore for transmission, distribution, infra and cables segments.
- Coffee Day Enterprises: New statutory auditors Sundaresha & Associates resigned within two weeks, due to technical reasons.
- Non-Nifty Earnings Today: Dixon Technologies, Godrej Consumer Products, Gujarat Gas, Narayana Hrudayalaya, PI Industries, SPARC, Tata Consumer Products, Varun Beverages.
Earnings Reported After Market Hours
- Revenue down 7.9% to Rs 103.2 crore
- Net profit down 19.6% to Rs 33.2 crore
- Ebitda loss of Rs 13.8 crore from Ebitda gain of Rs 1.7 crore
- Higher administration and other expenses impact operating performance
- Higher investment income narrows decline in bottomline numbers
- All numbers are consolidated and compared on a year-on-year basis
Exide Industries Q1FY21
- Revenue down 44.3% to Rs 1,547.6 crore
- Net profit down 80.4% to Rs 44 crore
- Ebitda down 63.6% to Rs 148.5 crore
- Ebitda margins at 9.6% from 14.7%
- Numbers below Bloomberg consensus estimates
- All numbers are standalone and compared on a year-on-year basis
KPIT Technologies Q1FY21
- Revenue down 11.4% to Rs 492.7 crore
- Net profit down 35.3% to Rs 24 crore
- Ebit down 35.9% to Rs 26.4 crore
- Ebitda margin at 5.4% from 7.4%
- Numbers in-line with Bloomberg consensus estimates
- All numbers are standalone and compared on a quarter-on-quarter basis
VST Industries Q1FY21
- Revenue down 19.4% to Rs 245.6 crore
- Net profit flat at Rs 75.7 crore
- Ebitda down 13.7% to Rs 99.3 crore
- Ebitda margin at 40.4% from 37.8%
- Higher excise duty payments offset by lower corporate taxes
- Lower raw material costs aid margin expansion
- All numbers are standalone and compared on a year-on-year basis
Pledged Share Details
- Ajanta Pharma: Promoter Ravi Agrawal revoked pledge of 5 lakh shares on August 3
- Jyothy Labs: Promoter MP Ramachandran released pledge of 1.97 crore shares between July 27 - August 3
(As Reported On August 3)
Bandhan Bank's Bulk Deal On Monday
Promoter Bandhan Financial Holding sold 33.74 crore shares (20.95% stake) at an average price of Rs 313.35 per share.
- Caladium Investment - A GIC affiliate acquired 4 crore shares (2.49% stake) at Rs 313.1 per share.
- Credit Suisse acquired 2.56 crore shares (1.59% stake) at Rs 313.1 per share
- Camas Invesments - A Temasek affiliate acquired 2.46 crore shares (1.53% stake) at Rs 313.1 per share
- Societe Generale acquired 2.84 crore shares (1.76% stake) at Rs 313.1 per share
- Copthall Mauritius Investment - A Blackrock affiliate acquired 1.25 crore shares (0.78% stake) at Rs 313.1 per share
- Bandhan Employees Welfare Trust acquired 93 lakh shares (0.58% stake) at Rs 313.1 per share
- Morgan Stanley acquired 81.75 lakh shares (0.51% stake) at Rs 313.1 per share
- Xelpmoc Design and Tech: University of Notre Dam sold 77,025 shares (0.56%) at Rs 110.2 per share.
- Apollo Hospitals: Munchener Ruckversicherungs sold 23.97 lakh shares (1.72%) at Rs 1,600.43 per share.
- AGM Date: Godrej Industries, Chalet Hotels, Page Industries, Punjab National Bank, Solara Active Pharma, Union Bank of India
- Ex-Date For Rights Issue: Satin Creditcare Network (Rights at 48:125, at premium of Rs 50 per share)
- Fund Raising: Mangalore Refinery & Petrochem
- Price Band Revised From 10% To 5%: Kopran, Alpa Laboratories, InfoBeans Technologies
- Price Band Revised From 20% To 10%: Laurus Labs, Mastek, Unichem Laboratories, Krebs Biochemicals and Industries.
- Move Into Short-Term ASM Framework: Weizmann, Krebs Biochemicals and Industries, MPS, Oriental Aromatics
- Move Into Short-Term ASM Framework: Heritage Foods, Shankara Building Products
- Nifty August futures end at 10,916.2; premium of 25 points from 31.5 points
- Nifty August futures shed 0.6% and 58,500 shares in Open Interest
- Nifty Bank August futures end at 21,192; premium widens to 110 points from 55 points
- Nifty Bank August futures add 14% and 1.94 lakh shares in Open Interest
- Nifty Put-Call Ratio at 1.55
Nifty: August 6 Expiry
- Maximum Open Interest on Call side at 11,200 strike (35.6 lakh shares)
- Maximum Open Interest on Put side at 10,800 strike (20.4 lakh shares)
- Active Options: 10,700 Put (+6.7 lakh shares) and 11,000 call (+20 lakh shares)
Nifty: August 27 Expiry
- Maximum Open Interest on Call side at 11,500 strike (21.4 lakh shares)
- Maximum Open Interest on Put side at 11,000 strike (33.8 lakh shares)