Stocks To Watch: Ashok Leyland, AstraZeneca Pharma, BPCL, Dish TV, IRCTC, Vodafone Idea, Yes Bank
U.S. stock futures retreated along with the offshore yuan, and the yen gained as China reported an increased number of coronavirus cases in Hubei, using a revised method.
Japanese shares opened modestly lower, though equities were higher in Australia and South Korea. The Singapore-traded SGX Nifty, an early indicator of NSE Nifty 50 Index’s performance in India, traded little changed at 12,228.50 as of 7 a.m.
Short on time? Well, then listen to this podcast for a quick summary of All You Need To Know before the opening bell.
Here Are The Stocks To Watch Out For In Today’s Trade
- Yes Bank said it has delayed its third-quarter earnings as the private lender is reviewing non-binding expressions of interest from four investors. The Mumbai-based lender has received non-binding EoIs from JC Flowers & Co. LLC, Tilden Park Capital Management, OHA (U.K.) LLP and Silver Point Capital, according to its exchange filing on Wednesday. The bank, which had to declare its October-December results by Feb. 14, will now report earnings on or before March 14.
- PI Industries: Board approved the merger of the company’s arm Isagro with the company and also approved raising Rs 2000 crore via QIP issue. Isagro’s acquisition was completed on Dec. 27.
- Godrej Properties said that the company will challenge the National Green Tribunal’s order quashing environmental nod granted to one of its housing projects in Bengaluru, saying no construction work has been done in the buffer zone of a lake. (PTI)
- AstraZeneca Pharma: Parent Company AstraZeneca said proposed generic versions of a lung cancer treatment by Alembic, MSN Labs and Zydus Cadila infringe a patent for Tagrisso Cancer Drug. (BN)
- Videocon Insolvency: NCLT has allowed Venugopal Dhoot's plea for consolidation of overseas oil and gas assets. SBI had opposed the consolidation of overseas oil and gas assets on grounds that they fall outside the purview of the resolution plan. Dhoot had filed an application seeking a moratorium on foreign petroleum assets and restrain the banks from selling them. (Source: NCLT Proceedings)
- Religare Enterprises plans to acquire remaining 14.36 percent stake in Religare Finvest from Resurgence PE Investments for Rs 47.05 crore. The company’s stake in Religare Finvest is set to 100 percent from 85.64 percent.
- Allahabad Bank to reduce MCLR by 5 basis points across various tenors with effect from Feb. 14. Three Month MCLR at 8.05 percent and One Year MCLR at 8.25 percent.
- BHEL signed a memorandum of understanding with Russia’s Rosoboronexport. The aim of the MOU is to cooperate and undertake joint projects and operations for Defence Systems. This will help in leveraging BHEL's capabilities in the Defence Sector in association with Russian OEMs.
- General Insurance Corporation of India obtained a license from Bank of Russia for the commencement of reinsurance business in Russia.
- Aurobindo Pharma has completed the acquisition of certain business assets of Profectus BioSciences.
- Rico Auto Industries started commercial production of its new plant in Alwar to manufacture and supply auto components, from Jan. 1.
- RSWM: The board has withdrawn its rights Issue proposal of Rs 150 crore, in view of easing of the cash flow situation of the Company and raising of debt funds through alternative arrangements at favourable rates.
- Pricol has called off its JV with Pointer Telocation, as the target company was acquired by USA’s ID Systems and business terms were not favourable for the company to continue to the formation of JV.
- PNC Infratech declared L1 Bidder for HAM Project in Uttar Pradesh for a bid cost of Rs 2052 crore.
- Karur Vyasa Bank has commenced its bullion business.
- KPI Global Infra received an order for executing solar power project of 810KW capacity from two companies in Surat.
- KNR Constructions received appointed date by Karnataka Government for EPC projects whose bid cost stood at Rs 1,144.5 crore.
- Indian Commodity Exchange NCDEX files for initial public offering.
Earnings Reaction To Watch
IRCTC (Q3, YoY)
- Revenue rose 64.6 percent to Rs 716 crore
- Net profit rose 2.8 times to Rs 205.8 crore
- Ebitda rose 2.7 times to Rs 265.7 crore
- Margin stood at 37.1 percent versus 22.7 percent
Ashok Leyland (Q3, YoY)
- Revenue fell 36.5 percent to Rs 4,015.7 crore
- Net profit fell 92.7 percent to Rs 27.8 crore
- Ebitda fell 65.3 percent to Rs 225.3 crore
- Margin stood at 5.6 percent versus 10.3 percent
Aarti Industries (Q3, YoY)
- Revenues fell 4.5 percent to Rs 1,218.5 crore
- Net profit rose 4.6 percent to Rs 139.8 crore
- Ebitda relatively flat at Rs 254.2 crore versus Rs 253.1 crore
- Margins stood at 20.9 percent versus 19.8 percent
- Speciality chemical segment revenue rose 2 percent to Rs 1,042.3 crore
Dish TV (Q3, YoY)
- Revenue fell 42.8 percent to Rs 867.8 crore
- Net loss at Rs 64.5 crore versus Net Profit at Rs 161.7 crore
- Ebitda fell 5 percent to Rs 505.5 crore versus Rs 532 crore
- Margins at 58.3 percent versus 35.1 percent
- Subscription revenue fell 43.5 percent to Rs 798.2 crore
- Margin rose due to lower operating costs
Natco (Q3, YoY)
- Revenue fell 13.4 percent to Rs 482.2 crore
- Net profit fell 34.5 percent to Rs 104.5 crore
- Ebitda fell 38.2 percent to Rs 128.7 crore
- Margin stood at 26.7 percent versus 37.4 percent
Torrent Power (Q3, YoY)
- Revenue fell 5.4 percent to Rs 3,079 crore
- Net profit rose 77 percent to Rs 419.4 crore
- Ebitda rose 14.1 percent to Rs 840.4 crore
- Margin stood at 27.3 percent versus 22.6 percent
PI Industries (Q3, YoY)
- Revenue rose 20.1 percent to Rs 849.8 crore versus Rs 707.5 crore
- Net profit rose 12.4 percent to Rs 121.1 crore
- Ebitda rose 25 percent to Rs 186.5 crore
- Margins stood at 22 percent versus 21.1 percent
Sunteck Realty (Q3, YoY)
- Revenue down 0.6 percent to Rs 193.91 crore.
- Net profit down 24.7 percent to Rs 33.02 crore.
- Ebitda down 41.2 percent to Rs 50.14 crore.
- Margin at 25.9 percent versus 43.7 percent.
- Pre-sales rose by 5 percent.
Nifty Earnings To Watch
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation
- Nestle India
Other Earnings To Watch
- Vodafone Idea
- Page Industries
- Lemon Tree Hotels
- Lux Industries
- Hindustan Aeronautics
- GMR Infrastructure
- Godrej Industries
- Deepak Fertilizers
- Sumitomo Chemical India
- Suven Life Sciences
- Take Solutions
- Tanla Solutions
- Vadilal Industries
- Gujarat State Petronet
- Dhanuka Agritech
- Adani Transmission
- Allcargo Logistics
- Gillette India
- Apollo Hospitals Enterprise
- Asian Granito India
- Phillips Carbon Black
- KNR Constructions
- Kohinoor Foods
- Hindustan Copper
- Hindustan Oil Exploration Company
- Igarashi Motors India
- India Tourism Development Corporation
- Ind-Swift Laboratories
- Premier Explosives
- Jai Corp
- Jaiprakash Associates
- Atul Auto
- Vardhman Textiles
- Varroc Engineering
- Bajaj Healthcare
- Aksh Optifibre
- Bombay Burmah Trading Corporation
- CIL Nova Petrochemicals
- Cosmo Films
- Electrosteel Castings
- FCS Software Solutions
- Fiem Industries
- Grauer & Weil
- Gufic Biosciences
- Gujarat Industries Power
- Gujarat Mineral Development Corporation
- Himadri Speciality Chemical
- Mcleod Russel India
- MIRC Electronics
- PC Jeweller
- S Chand And Company
- Sanwaria Consumer
- Shree Renuka Sugars
- Wheels India
- HSIL: Promoter Paco Exports acquired 5.87 lakh shares (0.81 percent) at Rs 55.43 each
- Parag Milk Foods: Norges Bank sold 14.17 lakh shares (1.69 percent) at Rs 92 each.
- Fermenta Biotech ex-date for share bonus issue at 2:1
- Ruchi Soya Industries to move into ASM Framework
- Apollo Pipes, Lakshmi Vilas Bank, Swan Energy, Refex Industries, Honeywell Automation, Talwalkars Healthclubs to move into short term ASM Framework
- Oswal Chemicals & Fertilizers to move out of short term ASM Framework
- Hind Rectifiers, Mangalam Organics price band revised to 10 percent
- Shilpa Medicare, Refex Industries price band revised to 5 percent
Who’s Meeting Whom
- Mahanagar Gas to meet HDFC AMC on Feb. 17
- Affle (India) to meet Aberdeen Standard Investments, Solitude Capital Management and TCW Management on Feb. 13
- MCX to meet Mondrian Investment Partners on Feb. 20
- Bajaj Auto to meet IIFL and Edelweiss from Feb. 13-14
- Tata Consumer Products to meet Axis AMC, Ballie Gifford and other investors on Feb. 17
- TVS Motor to meet Somerset Capital on March 2
- CCL Products to meet Ashmore Capital , SAIF Partners and other investors on Feb. 13
- IIFL Securities to meet Pabrai Funds, Mirae AMC and other investors on Feb. 13
- Aavas Financiers promoter Lake District Holdings sold 36.7 lakh shares on Feb. 7
- Globus Spirits promoter Chandhbagh Investments sold 24,000 shares on Feb. 11
- Persistent Systems promoter Rama-Purushottam Foundation sold 1,500 shares on Feb. 11
- Laurus Labs promoter Srihari Kalidnidi sold 32,000 shares from Feb. 7-11
(As Reported On Feb. 12)
Money Market Update
- The rupee ended weaker at Rs 71.35 against the dollar on Wednesday compared to Rs 71.28 against the dollar on Tuesday.
- Nifty February futures closed at 12,228.4, a premium of 27.2 points
- Nifty February futures open interest down 2.4 percent, sheds 3.2 lakh shares in open interest
- Nifty Bank February futures closed at 31,566.9, premium 74 points versus 82.7 points
- Nifty Bank futures open interest down 0.3 percent, sheds 4,000 shares in open interest.
Nifty Weekly Expiry: Feb 13
- Max open interest on call side at 12,300 (25.1 lakh shares)
- Max open interest on put side at 12,100 (26.4 lakh shares)
- Open interest addition seen at 12,200P (+22.3 lakh shares), 12,150P (+12.7 lakh shares)
- Open Interest shedding seen in 12,150C (-14.2 lakh shares), 12,100C (-13.9 lakh shares)
Nifty Monthly Expiry: Feb 27
- Max open interest on call side at 12,500 (27.3 shares)
- Max open interest on put side at 12,000 (40.3 lakh shares)
Stocks In F&O Ban
- Yes Bank