Stocks To Watch: Apollo Tyres, GSK Consumer, HUL, India Cements, InterGlobe Aviation, JSW Steel, RITES, Thomas Cook
Asian stocks dropped with U.S. futures, and Treasuries climbed, after President Donald Trump cited plans for larger-scale measures if needed in the U.S. to address the spread of the coronavirus. Japan’s Topix slid more than 1 percent, and futures on the S&P 500 Index dropped as much as 1 percent, after the remarks, though came off their lows as Trump highlighted that he didn’t think quarantining U.S. cities was needed.
Here are the stocks to watch in today’s trade
- The Chandigarh NCLT bench today approved the scheme of arrangement and amalgamation between GSK Consumer Healthcare and Hindustan Unilever. The effective date of the merger is likely to be communicated soon.
- Thomas Cook to buyback upto 2.60 crore equity shares at Rs 57.5 each. Post buyback, promoter holding in the company will increase to 70.46 percent from 65.60 percent at present.
- RITES: The Government proposed to sell 1.25 crore shares (5 percent equity) in RITES via offer for sale with an option to sell an additional 5 percent stake. The floor price for the offer has been fixed at Rs 298 per share (discount of 6.6 percent to CMP).
- IndiGo denies allegations of wrongdoing or avoidance of process. The company said it has not received any communication from SEBI.
- Radhakishan Damani buys 27.25 lakh shares (0.9 percent equity) at Rs 104.16 each
- Gopikishan Damani buys additional 85.22 lakh shares (2.7 percent equity) at Rs 98.42 each
- Tata Sons Pvt. Ltd buys 14.96 lakh shares (0.6 percent equity) at Rs 742.44 each
- Blue Diamond Properties Private Limited buys 42 lakh shares (2.4 percent equity) at Rs 74.99 each
- Aditya Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund sells 26.92 lakh shares (1.6 percent equity) at Rs 75 each
- Hdfc Standard Life Insurance Co Ltd sells 8.90 lakh shares (0.5 percent equity) at Rs 80.13 each
Who’s Meeting Whom
- Aster DM to meet Thornburg Asset Management on Feb. 27.
- Chalet hotels to meet Fidelity international & HDFC Standard Life on Feb. 27.
- Finolex Industries to meet Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance and Tokio Marine Singapore on Feb. 27 and 28 respectively.
Insider Trades (As Reported on Feb. 26)
- Ultramarine & Pigments promoter Sridhar Sundarrajan sold 10,104 shares on Feb. 25
- Steel Strips Wheels promoter Sunena Garg buys 4950 shares from Feb. 24 – 25
- Aarti Industries promoters sold 56,061 shares from Feb. 19 – 25
- Greenply industries promoter Rajesh Mittal & Sons, HUF buys 25,000 shares on Feb. 24
- Hindustan Tin Works promoter Parikshit Bhatia buys 24,284 shares from Feb. 20 – 24
- S Chand & Co-promoter Himanshu Gupta buys 5,000 shares from Feb. 24 – 25
- S Chand & Co-promoter Himanshu Gupta buys 5000 shares from Feb. 24 – 25
- Shalby Ltd promoter Kairav Kirit Shah buys 8,206 shares on Feb. 24
- Nifty February futures closed at 11,695.6 premium of 17 points
- Nifty futures across series open interest rose 10 percent, added 16.6 lakh shares in open interest
- Nifty Bank February futures closed at 30,315, premium of 8.7 points
- Nifty Bank futures open interest rose 1 percent, added 16,600 shares in open interest
- Rollover: Nifty at 61 percent, Nifty Bank 55 percent
- Nifty PCR at 1.01 Vs 1.05 (across all series)
Nifty Monthly Expiry: Feb 27
- Max open interest on call side at 12,000 (47.4 lakh shares)
- Max open interest on put side at 11,600 (26.7 lakh shares)
- Open interest addition seen in 11,750C (+14.4 lakh shares), 11,800C (+13.8 lakh shares), 11,700C (+12.8 lakh shares)
- Open interest shedding seen at 11,800P (-15.9 lakh shares)
Securities In Ban
- Yes Bank