Stocks To Watch: Apollo Tyres, Bharat Forge, Bharti Airtel, Tata Motors, Union Bank, Zuari Agro
India equity benchmarks logged their best single-day gains in more than a month boosted by the country’s largest lenders. The S&P BSE Sensex added 1.74% to 49,580.73, its best gains since March 30, while the NSE Nifty 50 Index advanced by a similar magnitude.
Here are the stocks to watch in trade today:
- Bharat Forge: To purchase 49% stake in its subsidiary, Kalyani Strategic Systems, for Rs 32.97 crore. Currently the company holds 51% stake in KSSL. After this acquisition, KSSL shall become a wholly owned subsidiary of the company.
- HCL Technologies: Announced expansion of investment in the United Kingdom with the hiring of 1000 technology professionals to support its clients in the U.K. and around the world.
- Zuari Agro Chemicals: Company said its Goa fertlizer plant has been hit by the cyclonic storm Tauktae. It is assessing damages by cyclone to the plant. There could be potential delay in restarting ammonia, urea plants.
- Apollo Tyres: Company says Perambra plant in Kerala will be closed till May 23 in view of the local restrictions due to Covid-19.
- Union Bank of India: Board approved raising up to Rs 1,750 crore through a qualified institutional placement at a floor price of Rs 35.6 per share. The share sale was authorised to open on May 17.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank: Acquired 1.3 crore equity shares, representing 46.7% of the issued and paid-up equity share capital of Kotak Mahindra Pension Fund Limited from Kotak Mahindra Asset Management Company Limited for Rs 12.71 crore. After this acquisition the bank's shareholding in KMPFL will increase from 4.3% to 51%. Also, KMPFL has now become a direct subsidiary of the bank.
- Garden Reach Shipbuilders And Engineers: Suspended operations at all units in West Bengal till May 30 to comply with state Covid order.
- Strides Pharma Sciences: Promoter pledge reduced by 38%. Currently, the overall promoter group pledge stands at 25.98% of the promoter holding and 7.71% of the paid up capital of the company as compared to 41.96% of the promoter holding and 12.45% of the paid up capital as at May 7.
- Hemisphere Properties India: Board has allotted 10 crore Non-Cumulative Redeemable Preference Shares of Rs 10 each at par aggregating to Rs 100 crore on private placement basis to the Promoter President of India.
- Skipper: To keep its offices and manufacturing units in West Bengal shut till May 30 to comply with state Covid order.
Earnings Post Market Hours
Bharti Airtel Q4FY21 (Consolidated, QoQ)
- Revenues down 2.9% at Rs 25,747.3 crore Vs Rs 26,517.8 crore (BBG Estimate: Rs 26,165 crore)
- Net profit down 11.1% at Rs 759.2 crore Vs Rs 853.6 crore (BBG Estimate: Rs 958.8 crore)
- Ebitda up 2.3% at Rs Rs 12,331.9 crore Vs Rs 12,053 crore (BBG Estimate: Rs 12,626 crore)
- Ebitda margin at 47.9% Vs 45.5% (BBG Estimate: 48.3%)
- Overall customer base stands at 471 million across 16 countries
- Total Capex spend for the quarter of Rs 6,846 crore
Gland Pharma Q4FY21 (Consolidated, QoQ)
- Revenue up 3% at Rs 887.70 crore Vs Rs 859.40 crore
- Net profit up 28% at Rs 260.40 crore Vs Rs 204.10 crore
- Ebitda up 24% at Rs 327.60 crore Vs Rs 264.10 crore
- Ebitda margin at 36.9% Vs 30.7%
Gujarat Narmada Valley Fertilizers & Chemicals Q4FY21 (QoQ)
- Revenue up 15% at Rs 1,733.03 crore Vs Rs 1,508.24 crore
- Net profit up 29% at Rs 308.91 crore Vs Rs 240.12 crore
- Ebitda up 30% at Rs 470.41 crore Vs Rs 362.95 crore
- Ebitda margin at 27.1% Vs 24.1%
- Recommended a dividend of Rs 8 per share for FY21
Orient Cement Q4FY21 (QoQ)
- Revenue up 38% at Rs 831.61 crore Vs Rs 604.61 crore
- Net profit up 85% at Rs 99.87 crore Vs Rs 53.88 crore
- Ebitda up 48% at Rs 202.52 crore Vs Rs 136.68 crore
- Ebitda margin at 24.4% Vs 22.6%
- Recommended a final dividend of Rs 1.50 per share
Who’s Meeting Whom
- Indian Energy Exchange: To meet DSP Mutual Fund and JK Capital Management on May 18.
- Infibeam Avenues: To meet Motilal Oswal Fintech on May 21.
- INOX Leisure: To meet VEC investments on May 19.
- Panacea Biotech: Adar Cyrus Poonawalla sold 31.57 lakh shares (5.15%) at Rs 373.85 to Serum Institute of India Pvt. Ltd.
- PVR: BofA Securities Europe SA bought 3.49 lakh shares (0.57%) at Rs 1,169.2 apiece.
- Ex-Date Interim Dividend: Coforge, Caplin Point Laboratories, Sundram Fasteners
- Ex-Date Final Dividend: Visaka Industries
- Ex-Date Amalgamation And Spin Off: Meghmani Organics
- Record Date Interim Dividend: Oracle Financial Services Software
- Price Band Revised From 20% To 10%: Best Agrolife, Venky's (India)
- Move Into Short-Term ASM Framework: Nxtdigital, Sanghvi Movers, NACL Industries, Nath Bio-Genes (India), Centrum Capital
- Move Out Of Short-Term ASM Framework: Best Agrolife, Great Eastern Shipping Company, MPS, Nureca
- Move Into ASM Framework: Nureca, Great Eastern Shipping Company
Pledge Share Details
- Ajanta Pharma: Promoter Aayush Agrawal revoked pledge of 1.30 lakh shares on May 11.
- Cigniti Technologies: Promoter C Rajeswari created a pledge of 10 lakh shares on May 12.
As reported on May 17.
- Godrej Agrovet: Promoter Godrej Industries bought 49,172 shares on May 11.