Stocks To Watch: Adani Ports & SEZ, Berger Paints, BPCL, Future Retail, NMDC, Sun TV, Tata Steel
Indian equities ended higher for the sixth day in a row as sentiment continued to remain risk-on, post the Union Budget presentation last week. The S&P BSE Sensex ended 1.2% higher at 51,348 while the NSE Nifty 50 ended above the mark of 15,000 for the first time ever, gaining 1.3% to close at 15,115. Both benchmark indices lodged new record highs in today's session.
Here are the stocks to watch in trade today:
- Future Retail: Delhi High Court division bench stayed the order of the single judge in Future Retail Vs Amazon case. Order pronounced by Delhi High Court division bench of Chief Justice DN Patel and Justice Jyoti Singh. Future Retail had challenged the single judge February 2 order directing a status quo on Future Retail- Reliance Retail deal.
- Vedanta: A meeting of Committee of Directors is proposed to be held on February 11 to consider offering of secured NCDs aggregating upto Rs 500 crore in one or more tranches.
- Kirloskar Ferrous Industries: Renovation of the assets relating to pig iron plant situated at Paramenahally Village in Karnataka has been completed and manufacturing operations of pig iron commenced on February 8, 2021 after obtaining necessary approvals from government authorities.
- IFB Industries: Has filed the Scheme of Amalgamation of Trishan Metals, wholly owned subsidiary of the company, with National Company Law Tribunal, Kolkata.
- NCL Industries: Has approved the proposal to set up 250 panels per day capacity Sandwich Panel Unit in Paonta Sahib in Himachal Pradesh at an estimated cost of around Rs 2 crore. The unit is expected to commence production in 6 months from the date of final clearances from state government.
- VST Tillers Tractors: Has announced a technical supplier partnership with Monarch tractors, the two companies have worked collaboratively for over a year on the technical development of tractor hardware for the first series of Monarch Tractors.
- Wipro: Has appointed Michael Seiger as the Country Head and Managing Director for Germany and Austria.
- Balkrishna Industries: To set up brownfield expansion and debottlenecking project along with addition of balancing and ancillary equipment at Bhuj. The project will result in increase of achievable tyre production capacity by 50,000 MTPA and is expected to be completed by H2FY23. The project is estimated to cost up to Rs 800 crore. Additionally, the board will enhance carbon black capacities and set up a captive power plant. The said project is expected to be completed by H1FY21 and is estimated to cost Rs 650 crore. The board also approved modernisation, automation and technology upgradation of certain existing equipment and installation of automated material handling systems at its facilities in Rajasthan and Bhuj. This project is expected to be completed by H1FY21 and will cost Rs 450 crore. The total planned capex of Rs 1,900 crore will be funded by internal accruals and debt, if required.
- Sundram Fasteners: CRISIL has re-affirmed the rating of Short Term Debt and Commercial Paper as A1+.
- Hinduja Global Solutions: Has declared 3rd interim dividend of Rs 6 per equity share for the Financial Year 2020-21.
- Nifty Earnings Today: Adani Ports & SEZ, Tata Steel
- Non-Nifty Earnings Today: Abbott India, AIA Engineering, Akzo Nobel India, Aster DM Healthcare, BASF India, Berger Paints, Bodal Chemicals, Burger King, Central Bank of India, Century Plyboards, Chalet Hotels, Dhanlaxmi Bank, Future Retail, GMDC, Gujarat Alkali & Cemicals, HEG, Heidelberg Cement, Igarashi Motors, Indoco Remedies, Indian Overseas Bank, J&K Bank, KRBL, Lemon Tree Hotels, Mahanagar Gas, Muthoot Finance, Nilkamal, Raymond, Spandana Sphoorty, TCI Express, Varroc Engineering, VST Tillers
BPCL (Standalone, QoQ)
- Revenue up 33.1% at Rs 66,731.39 crore Vs Rs 50,146.36 crore (Bloomberg Estimate: Rs 64,133 crore)
- Net profit up 23.6% at Rs 2,777.62 crore Vs Rs 2,247.25 crore (Bloomberg Estimate: Rs 2,038 crore)
- Ebitda up 11.8% at Rs 4,305.78 crore Vs Rs 3,851.17 crore (Bloomberg Estimate: Rs 3,541 crore)
- Ebitda margins at 6.5% Vs 7.7% (Bloomberg Estimate: 5.5%)
- Has declared interim dividend of Rs 16 per share of face value Rs 10 each for the Financial Year 2020-21.
Earnings After Market Hours
Torrent Pharmaceuticals Q3FY21 (Consoildated, YoY)
- Revenue up 1% at Rs 1,995 crore Vs Rs 1,966 crore (Bloomberg Estimate: Rs 2,060.4 crore)
- Net profit up 18% at Rs 297 crore Vs Rs 251 crore (Bloomberg Estimate: Rs 292.1 crore)
- Ebitda up 12% at Rs 607 crore Vs Rs 540 crore (Bloomberg Estimate: Rs 617.1 crore)
- Ebitda Margins at 30.4% Vs 27.5%
- Has announced interim dividend of Rs 20 per share of Rs 5 fully paid up. Gross Margins at 72%
- India business revenue up 7% to Rs 930 crore Vs Rs 871 crore
- U.S. business revenue down 24% to Rs 292 crore Vs Rs 391 crore
- Germany business revenue up 21% to Rs 265 crore Vs Rs 219 crore
Sun TV Network Q3FY21 (Consolidated, YoY)
- Revenue up 17% at Rs 994.14 crore Vs Rs 847.81 crore (Bloomberg Estimate: Rs 963.1 crore)
- Net profit up 16% at Rs 445.54 crore Vs Rs 384.7 crore (Bloomberg Estimate: Rs 422.9 crore)
- Ebitda up 2% at Rs 608.07 crore Vs Rs 595.27 crore (Bloomberg Estimate: Rs 600.2 crore)
- Ebitda Margins 61.2% Vs 70.2%
- Subscription Revenues up 3% at Rs 424.05 crore Vs Rs 411.85 crore
- Has announced interim dividend of Rs 5 per share of Rs 5 each for the financial year 2020-21
Redington (India) Q3FY21 (Consolidated, YoY)
- Revenue up 15% at Rs 16,980.84 crore Vs Rs 14,784.49 crore
- Net profit up 23% at Rs 201.94 crore Vs Rs 164.39 crore
- Ebitda up 42% at Rs 424.11 crore Vs Rs 298.25 crore
- Ebitda Margins at 2.5% Vs 2%
- Exceptional item of Rs 6.34 crore pertaining to impairment of goodwill and other intangibles.
Balaji Amines Q3FY21 (Consolidated, YoY)
- Revenue up 72% at Rs 392.12 crore Vs Rs 227.51 crore
- Net profit of Rs 75 crore Vs Rs 23.4 crore Ebitda up 174% at Rs 117.36 crore Vs Rs 42.83 crore
- Ebitda Margins at 29.9% Vs 18.8%
- As part of Phase 1 of the greenfield project, likely to commence manufacturing of Ethylamines by end of FY21
- Plan to commence manufacturing of Dimethyl Carbonate by end of Q2FY22
NMDC Q3FY21 (Consolidated, YoY)
- Revenue up 45% at Rs 4,355.1 crore Vs Rs 3,006.38 crore
- Net profit up 53% at Rs 2,108.05 crore Vs Rs 1,374.97 crore
- Ebitda up 74% at Rs 2,766.77 crore Vs Rs 1,590.11 crore
- Ebitda Margins at 63.5% Vs 52.9% Revenue from Iron ore up 44% at Rs 4,311.4 crore Vs Rs 2,991.6 crore
- Revenue from Pellet, other minerals and services triples to Rs 43.6 crore Vs Rs 14.7 crore
Balkrishna Industries Q3FY21 (Consolidated, YoY)
- Revenue up 31% at Rs 1,509.23 crore Vs Rs 1,155.76 crore (Bloomberg Estimate: Rs 1,385.5 crore)
- Net profit up 45% at Rs 325.07 crore Vs Rs 223.80 crore (Bloomberg Estimate: Rs 260.7 crore)
- Ebitda up 39% at Rs 479.57 crore Vs Rs 346.13 crore (Bloomberg Estimate: Rs 430.1 crore)
- Ebitda margins at 31.8% Vs 29.9%
- Has declared 3rd interim dividend of Rs 5 per share on the shares of Rs 2 each for the financial year 2020-21
Pledge Share Details
- Adani Enterprises: Promoters (Gautam S. Adani and Rajesh S. Adani) revoked pledge of 4.90 lakh shares on February 5.
- Adani Ports And Special Economic Zone: Promoters (Gautam S. Adani and Rajesh S. Adani) revoked pledge of 24.50 lakh shares on February 6.
- Adani Transmission: Promoters (Gautam S. Adani and Rajesh S. Adani) revoked pledge of 27.50 lakh shares between February 5-6.
- Adani Green Energy: Promoter Adani Trading Services LLP revoked pledge of 1.72 crore shares on February 5.
As Reported On February 9.
- NCC: Tower Research Capital Markets India bought 30.32 lakh shares (0.50%) at Rs 93.17 per share and sold 37.56 lakh shares (0.62%) at Rs 93.58 per share. Jyske Invest Fund Management bought 45.64 lakh shares (0.75%) at Rs 94.08 per share.
- Stove Kraft: Unifi Capital bought 1.81 lakh shares at Rs 428.5 per share.
- L&T Finance Holdings Ltd RE: ECL Finance bought 31.23 lakh shares at Rs 23.62 per share. Norges Bank bought 1 crore shares at Rs 23 per share. BC Asia Growth Investments sold 80.40 lakh shares at Rs 23.02 per share. BC Investments VI sold 50.60 lakh shares at Rs 23.23 per share.
- Apollo Tricoat Tubes: Promoter Saket Agarwal sold 1.86 lakh shares (0.61%) at Rs 915 per share.
Who’s Meeting Whom
- Cipla: To meet OrbiMed Healthcare Fund Management on February 9, Skerryvore Asset Management on February 10 and Avendus Capital Public Markets Alternate Strategies LLP on February 11.
- Century Textiles and Industries: To meet HSBC Securities on February 10.
- Prince Pipes and Fittings: To meet Rare Enterprise and HSBC Asset Management on February 9.
- Move Into ASM Framework: Vakrangee, Paisalo Digital, Unichem Laboratories
- Move Into Short-term ASM Framework: PNB Gilts, Intellect Design Arena, NCC
- Move Out Of Short-term ASM Framework: Sobha, PDS Multinational Fashions, RattanIndia Power
- Ex-Date Interim Dividend: Persistent Systems, Shriram Pistons & Rings, Orient Electric, Dr. Lal Path Labs, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries, Cummins India, Cholamandalam Investment and Finance Company, LT Foods, Indian Oil Corporation, VR Films & Studios.
- Record Date Interim Dividend: Granules India, Indus Towers, Laurus Labs, Orient Cement, Visaka Industries, Gravita India, Motilal Oswal Financial Services, Bharat Electronics.