Stocks To Watch: Adani Enterprises, Hindalco, NTPC, Vedanta, Sun Pharma, Zee
Indian equity markets ended a volatile trading session little changed, after banking stocks managed to offset the biggest single-day fall in Reliance Industries Ltd. in over seven months. The S&P BSE Sensex ended 0.4% higher at 39,757 while the NSE Nifty 50 index ended 10 points higher at 11,653.
Here are the stocks to watch in trade today:
- NTPC has announced Rs 2,275.7 crore buyback. Board has approved proposal to buyback 19.79 crore shares (2% equity stake) at Rs 115 per share. Buyback price is at premium of 28.9% to the closing prices as on Nov. 2. Record date set at Nov. 13. Board has approved extension of tenure of Gurdeep Singh as chairman and managing director of the company till July 2025.
- Tata Motors Oct. Update: Domestic sales up 27% at 49,669 units.
- Sterlite Tech to acquire 100% stake in Italy’s Optotec for 29 million euros. The target company belongs to optical telecommunications industry. Transaction is expected to be completed by the end of the calendar year 2020.
- Competition Commission Of India has approved acquisition of general insurance of Bharat Axa by ICICI Lombard General Insurance.
- Supreme Petrochem: To establish a new line for production of Polystyrene .The expansion is expected to enhance the production capacity of the company by 80000 TPA. There will also be revamp of EPS plant resulting into increased production capacity by 20000 TPA. Both are likely to be completed by December 2021 and their cost cumulatively is expected to be Rs 250 crore and will be met from internal accruals.
- Hindalco emerged preferred bidder for Chakla coal block and Vedanta for Radhikapur west coal block. (Bloomberg News)
- NCC has received order worth Rs 833 crore from mining division from Coal India’s arm.
- Adani Enterprises has commenced Lucknow International Airport operations.
- National Fertilizers April-Oct. Update: Bentonite sulphur sale up 3.37 times at 11,730 MT and SSP sales up 2.33 times at 14,726 MT. Company has registered growth in sale of all non-urea fertilizers during the first seven months of the current financial year.
- Prism Johnson’s joint venture Antique Marbonite to close one of its production lines having capacity equivalent to 3 MSM per annum with effect from November 2 due to an aging unviable plant. The closure of above capacity would not have any adverse impact on overall sales of HRJ Division. With this, the overall capacity of HRJ Division, along-with its joint ventures and subsidiaries shall be 60 MSM per annum.
- Shipping Corporation of India to consider demerging non-core assets on Nov.6.
- Bandhan Bank: Board approved re-appointment of Chandra Shekhar Ghosh as managing director and chief executive officer of the Bank till July 2026. Application to RBI will be made.
- Majesco: Amansa Holdings reduced its stake from 5.28% to 3.66% on Oct. 29.
NTPC Q2 (Standalone, YoY)
- Revenue up 8.4% at Rs 24,677.1 crore (Est Rs 24,746 crore)
- Net profit up 7.43% at Rs 3,504.8 crore (Est Rs 3,082 crore)
- Ebitda up 13.2% at Rs 7,183.3 crore (Est Rs 7,744 crore)
- Margins at 29.1% versus 27.9% (Est 31.3%)
- Higher other income increases bottom line numbers
- Revenue in line with expectations
Zee Entertainment Q2 (Consolidated, YoY)
- Revenue down 18.82% at Rs 1,722.7 crore (Est Rs 1,762 crore)
- Net profit down 77.2% at Rs 94.1 crore (Est Rs 262 crore)
- Ebitda down 57.2% at Rs 292.9 crore (Est Rs 399 crore)
- Margins at 17% vs 32.2% (Est 22.6%)
- Margins impacted by lower sales, higher ad and other expenses
- Exceptional loss of Rs 97 crore in current quarter as provision against receivable from Siti Networks
Cadila Healthcare Q2 (Consolidated, YoY)
- Revenue up 13.46% at Rs 3820 crore (Est Rs 3,661 crore)
- Net profit up 4.4 times at Rs 473.4 crore (Est Rs 429 crore)
- Ebidta up 35.8% at Rs 863.4 crore (Est Rs 765 crore)
- Margins at 22.6% versus 18.9% (Est 20.9%)
- Exceptional loss of Rs 132 crore due to premium on NCDs upon their purchase by the group
- Exceptional loss of Rs 278 crore in base quarter
Embassy Office Parks REIT Q2 (Consolidated, YoY)
- Revenue up 3.76% at Rs 540.2 crore
- Net profit up 0.2% at Rs 232.6 crore
- Ebitda up 11.9% at Rs 449.8 crore
- Margins at 83.3 % versus 77.2%
- Margins improve due to lower operating and maintenance costs
- Declared distribution of Rs 5.5 per unit for the Sept. quarter aggregating to Rs 424.4 crore
- Adani Ports and SEZ
- Sun Pharma
- Adani Gas
- Ajanta Pharma
- CARE Ratings
- Dabur India
- Deepak Fertilizers and Petrochemicals Corporation
- Dhanlaxmi Bank
- Eris Lifesciences
- Everest Industries
- Godrej Properties
- Gujarat State Fertilizers & Chemicals
- HLE Glascoat
- IIFL Finance
- Jagran Prakashan
- JMC Projects
- JSW Energy
- Kansai Nerolac Paints
- Lincoln Pharmaceuticals
- Mangalore Chemicals & Fertilizers
- Muthoot Finance
- Neuland Laboratories
- Orient Refractories
- Oriental Carbon & Chemicals
- Prince Pipes And Fittings
- Prism Johnson
- Ramco Industries
- Ramco Systems
- SMS Pharmaceuticals
- Transport Corporation of India
- Varun Beverages
Pledged Share Details
- Adani Ports and SEZ promoter SB Adani Family Trust created pledge of 15.51 crore shares on Oct.29
- Adani Transmission promoter SB Adani Family Trust created pledge 6.64 crore shares on Oct.29
- Adani Green Energy promoter SB Adani Family Trust created pledge 91.28 lakh shares on Oct.29
(As Reported On Nov.2)
Who’s Meeting Whom
- UPL to meet HDFC AMC, Azim Premji Investments and other investors on Nov.3
- Sudarshan Chemical to meet Ashmore Investment Management and ICICI Prudential MF from Nov.3-5
- Syngene International to meet Columbia Threadneedle Investments on Nov.3
- Fortis Healthcare: WF Asian Smaller Companies Fund sold 80.5 lakh shares (1.07%) at Rs 125.67 per share.
- Premier Explosives: HDFC MF sold 2 lakh shares (1.86%) at Rs 115 per share.
- AGM: Gufic Biosciences.
- Price Band Revised From 10% To 5%: Oil Country Tubular, Route Mobile, Aarey Drugs & Pharma.
- Move Into ASM Framework: GE Power India, Bajaj Healthcare.
- Move Into Short Term ASM Framework: Raj Oil Mills.
- Move Out Of Short Term ASM Framework: Tejas Networks, Magma Fincorp, Websol Energy System.
- HFCL promoter MN Ventures acquired 10 lakh shares on Nov.2
(As Reported On Nov.2)
- Nifty November futures closed at 11,673; premium of 4 points vs discount of 2 points
- Nifty November futures Open Interest down 9%, sheds 9.8 lakh shares in Open Interest
- Nifty Bank November futures closed at 24,900; premium of 7 points vs premium of 39 points
- Nifty Bank November futures Open Interest up 2%, adds 34,000 shares in Open Interest
- Nifty PCR at 1.56
Nifty Monthly Expiry: Nov 5
- Max Open Interest on call side at 12,500 (25.5 lakh shares)
- Max Open Interest on put side at 11,000 (19.8 lakh shares)
- Active options: 11,300 Put (+6.3 lakh shares), 11,600 Call (-3.6lakh shares)
Nifty Monthly Expiry: Nov 26
- Max Open Interest on call side at 12,000 (15.6 lakh shares)
- Max Open Interest on put side at 11,000 (26.4 lakh shares)