Stocks To Watch: ACC, BEML, HDFC, HDFC Bank, Godrej Consumer, JSW Energy, ONGC
Indian equity markets continued their record run, notching yet another record high after recovering from the session's lows. The S&P BSE Sensex ended 0.54% higher at 48,437. The index has now gained for 10 straight days, matching its longest winning streak seen in October 2020. The NSE Nifty 50 too ended with gains of 0.5% at 14,199, recovering over 150 points from the day's low of 14,048.
Here are the stocks to watch in trade today:
- HDFC Bank: Total advances rose 4% quarter-on-quarter to Rs 10.82 lakh crore in Q3 and rose 16% year-on-year. The bank's deposits rose 3% quarter-on-quarter to Rs 12.7 lakh crore, up 19% year-on-year. CASA ratio stood at 43% as on December 31, compared with 41.6% in September.
- Godrej Consumer Products: Demand trends across key categories remained stable in Q3. The company expects to deliver close to low double-digit sales growth in India. India sales growth were driven by higher than mid-single digit volume growth. Soaps are expected to deliver strong mid-teen growth, hair colours is expected to deliver mid-teen growth and household insecticides is expected to deliver close to high single-digit growth.
- BEML: Has received orders from the Ministry of Defence for supply of High Mobility vehicles, at an approximate value of Rs 758 crore. These High Mobility vehicles would play a key role in the logistics management of the Indian Army. The equipment will be manufactured at BEML's Palakkad Plant in Kerala and would supply the vehicles to Indian Army in a span of one year.
- JSW Energy: CARE Ratings has reaffirmed JSW Power Trading Company's rating at A2+ and Jaigad PowerTransco Limited's rating at A+/Stable; A1+.
- Avanti Feeds: India Ratings & Research has affirmed AA-/stable rating to long-term fund based working capital facilities of Rs 50 crore and A1+ rating to short-term non-fund based working facilities of Rs 42.79 crore of the company. Further the rating agency has affirmed AA-/stable rating to Avanti Frozen Foods' long-term fund based working capital facilities of Rs 12 crore and A1+ rating to short-term non-fund based working limits of Rs 2.50 crore.
- HDFC: To issue secured NCDs worth Rs 2,000 crore on January 7 on private placement basis with an option to retain oversubscription upto Rs 3,000 crore. Coupon rate has been fixed at 6.83% per annum for a tenor of 10 years.
- ACC: Commences new cement production facility at Sindri, Dhanbad District of Jharkhand. The new facility will add an additional capacity of 1.4 MTPA cement to the existing 3.0 MTPA unit, taking the total capacity at Sindri to 4.4 MTPA.
- Container Corporation Of India: The company is exploring the possibility of merger of its subsidiary company i.e. CONCOR AIR, SIDCUL CONCOR Infra Company and Punjab Logistics Infrastructure with CONCOR. An e-tender has been floated for engagement of External Management Consultant for facilitating proposed Merger with CONCOR of its subsidiary companies.
- Maharashtra Seamless: A fire accident occurred in the corporate office of the company at Gurugram on January 5. The company is taking necessary steps to ensure resumption of normal working at the corporate office.
- ONGC: A meeting of the Committee for Allotment of Securities and Issue of Certificates of the Board is scheduled to be held on January 11, to consider and approve allotment of 15,000 NCDs of face value of Rs 10 lakh at par aggregating to the total issue size of up to Rs 1,500 crore on a private placement basis.
- Jindal Stainless Steel: A meeting of Sub-committee of the Board of Directors is scheduled to be held on January 21, to consider and approve the early redemption of NCDs along with the interest thereon, issued by the company.
- Lloyds Metals and Energy: The Government of Maharashtra has conferred the Mega Project status to the Proposed Expansion Project of the company with an investment of Rs 1,000 crore at Ghugus, Chandrapur.
Pledge Share Details
- Max Financial Services: Promoter Max Ventures Investment Holdings created a pledge of 14.73 lakh shares on January 1.
- Asahi India Glass: Promoter Sanjay Labroo revoked pledge of 6 lakh shares on December 31. As Reported On January 5.
- Justdial: XTX Markets LLP bought 3.56 lakh shares (0.58%) at Rs 698.05 per share and sold 3.80 lakh shares (0.62%) at Rs 699.87 per share.
- RattanIndia Power: Adroit Financial Services bought 3.12 crore shares (0.63%) and sold 3.04 crore shares (0.62%) at Rs 3.17 per share.
- Snowman Logistics: Parth Infin Brokers bought 15.62 lakh shares (0.94%) at Rs 62.13 per share and sold 14.40 lakh shares (0.86%) at Rs 62.78 per share.
- Likhitha Infrastructure: BM Traders bought 99,956 shares at Rs 201.4 per share and sold 1.15 lakh shares at Rs 200.21 per share.
- Record Date Interim Dividend: Gateway Distriparks
- Price Band Revised From 20% To 10%: Trident
- Move In To Short-term ASM Framework: Ganesha Ecosphere, Elecon Engineering Company, Trident, 3i Infotech.
- Move Out Of Short-term ASM Framework: Bajaj Hindusthan Sugar
- Move In To ASM Framework: Somany Home Innovation
- Mold-Tek Packaging: Promoter Mold-Tek Technologies acquired 14,713 shares between December 22-31.
- Star Cement: Promoter Gayatri Chamaria sold 2.47 lakh shares on December 31.
- Apollo Tricoat Tubes: Promoter Saket Agarwal sold 5,625 shares on December 31. As Reported On January 5.