Stocks Radar: Axis Bank, GAIL, Gravita India
Indian equity benchmarks rose today, bucking the Asian peers’ trend which fell following declines in U.S. equities.
The S&P BSE Sensex rose as much as 0.5 percent to 34,930, while the NSE Nifty 50 Index rose as much as 0.4 percent to 10,741 in early trade. The market breadth firmly tilted in the favour of the sellers.
Eleven of the 19 sectoral gauges compiled by BSE Ltd. fell, led by the S&P BSE Realty Index’s 1.03 percent decline while S&P BSE Information Technology rose the most, with 1.53 percent gains.
Here Are The Stocks Moving This Morning:
Axis Bank: Rises On Brokerage Upgrade
Shares of private lender rose as much as 2 percent to Rs 574.2, highest in 16 months.
Brokerage firm Macquarie upgraded the recommendation on Axis Bank Ltd. to ‘outperform’ from ‘under-perform’ and raised the target price to Rs 644 from Rs 455, which is the highest ever target price given by Macquarie for the bank.
Axis bank has been raising since the past three sessions. Trading volume was 2.2 times the 20-day average.
GAIL: Pact With Gazprom
Shares of the natural gas and LPG distributor fell as much as 2.4 percent to Rs 467.
GAIL (India) Ltd. and Gazprom Marketing and Trading Sigapore PTE Ltd. have signed a pact for re-negotiated long-term LNG sale. This will commence in 2018 although it was initially agreed in 2012, according to the company’s exchange filing.
The stock has been falling since three trading sessions. Trading volume was 2.3 times the 20-day average.
Gravita India: Rises On Order Win
Shares of the Jaipur-based base metals manufacturer rose as much as 2.75 percent to Rs 184.9.
Gravita India Ltd. received orders worth rs 250 crore from Luminous Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
The company’s stock snapped a brief two-day decline period. Trading volume was 1.7 times the 20-day average.
Symphony: Rises On Grant Of Patent
Shares of the Ahmedabad-based cooler manufacturer rose as much as 4.5 percent to Rs 2,095.
Symphony Ltd.’s wall mounted cooler was granted a patent in South Africa. Along with this, the company has also launched two new product ranges in air coolers.
The stock has eight ‘Buy’ recommendations and four ‘Sell’ recommendations.
Gayatri Projects: Rises On Order Win
Shares of the infrastructure construction services firm rose as much as 1.2 percent to Rs 215.9.
The company won two new orders of Rs 530 crore and Rs 394 crore from National Highways Authority of India.
Trading volume was 16 percent of the 20-day average.
Earnings Reaction To Watch:
Jay Bharat Maruti Q3 (YoY)
- Shares of Jay Bharat Maruti Ltd. fell as much as 7.2 percent to Rs 545.1.
- Revenue up 13 percent at Rs 435 crore
- Revenue up 13 percent at Rs 435 crore.
- EBITDA up 11 percent at Rs 36.6 crore.
- Margin at 8.4 percent from 8.5 percent.
Hatsun Agro Products Q3 (YoY)
- Shares of Hatsun Agro Products Ltd. fell as much as 5.7 percent to Rs 825.
- Net profit down 53 percent at Rs 15 crore.
- Revenue up 7 percent at Rs 1,013 crore.
- EBITDA down 6 percent at Rs 87 crore.
- Margin at 8.6 percent from 9.8 percent.
Agro Tech Foods (YoY)
- Shares of Agro Tech Foods Ltd. fell as much as 7.5 percent to Rs 706.9.
- Revenue up 3 percent at Rs 214.55 crore.
- Net profit up 15 percent at Rs 9 crore.
- EBITDA up 4 percent at Rs 17.85 crore.
- Margin at 8.3 percent from 8.25 percent.