Sensex, Nifty Recover From Day’s Low To End Little Changed
Indian equity markets ended the mid-week trading session with little movement from Tuesday's closing levels. Benchmark indices recovered from the lowest point of the day to end flat.
The S&P BSE Sensex ended 40 points lower at 44,618 while the NSE Nifty 50 index ended nearly unchanged at 13,113. The Sensex recovered nearly 450 points from the day's low while the Nifty surged 130 points from the lowest point of the day.
Among sectoral indices, banks were the key laggards in today's session with the Nifty Bank index ending 1.2% lower. The PSU Bank index too fell 0.5% in today's session.
Metals and Realty stocks continued their outperformance. The Realty index ended 3% higher while the Metal index gained 2.6%. The Nifty Auto index ended 1% higher while other indices closed with a positive bias.
Broader markets were mixed in today's session. The Midcap index gained 0.5% while the Smallcap index ended unchanged.
The India Volatility Index was little changed but ended above the mark of 20 at 20.24.
1,093 stocks on the NSE ended with gains while 749 posted losses.
How Did The Sectoral Indices Fare
In Focus: Larsen & Toubro
Markets At 2:10 P.M.
- Benchmark indices fall to the lowest point of the day
- Nifty down 0.7% at 13,015
- Sensex down 0.8% at 44,277
- Nifty Bank down 1.6% at 29,342
- Nifty Midcap index down 0.2%
- Nifty Smallcap index down 0.4%
- India Volatility Index down 1.4% to 19.9
- Nifty Realty remains the top sectoral gainer; up 1.9%
- Nifty Metal index is the other sectoral gainer; up 1.25%
- Nifty PSU Bank index declines over 1%
- GAIL remains the top Nifty gainer; up 6.5%
- Kotak Mahindra Bank is the top Nifty laggard; down 3%
- 958 stocks on the NSE trade with gains while 872 decline