RIL, HDFC Twins Help Sensex, Nifty Halt Two-Day Losing Streak
Closing Bell: RIL, HDFC Twins Help Sensex, Nifty Halt Two-Day Losing Streak
Indian equity benchmarks recover from yesterday’s worst fall in four months, led by the gains in HDFC Ltd., HDFC Bank Ltd. and Reliance Industries Ltd.
The S&P BSE Sensex rose 0.59 percent to end at 40,915.75 and the NSE Nifty 50 rose 0.5 percent to close at 12,052.95. The broader markets represented by the NSE Nifty 500 Index rose 0.6 percent.
The market breadth was tilted in favour of buyers. About 1,206 stocks advanced and 585 shares declined on National Stock Exchange.
All the 11 sectoral gauges compiled by NSE ended higher, led by the NSE Nifty Realty Index’s 1.9 percent gain.
Large Trade Alert: ICICI Bank
About 12.5 lakh shares of ICICI Bank changed hands in a large trade, Bloomberg data showed. Buyers and sellers were not known immediately.
Fab Four Stocks Of The Day
- Stock rose as much as 17.3 percent to Rs 107.40
- Revenue rose 47 percent to Rs 828 crore.
- Net profit was up 12.4 time to Rs 168.3 crore.
- Ebitda at Rs 64.8 crore versus Ebitda loss of Rs 19.4 crore.
- Other income was up 2.1 times to Rs 150.9 crore.
- Shares extended gains for the seventh consecutive trading session, their longest stretch of gains since April 2017.
- Stock rose as much as 4.3 percent to Rs 21,970.
- Fresh longs seen with high open interest of 13 percent.
- Stock rose as much as 7.9 percent to Rs 1,303.90.
- SBI Cap securities increases price target to 1,330 from Rs 1,165.
Stocks Moving On Heavy Volumes
- Stock rose as much as 2.4 percent to Rs 4,296.
- Trading volume was more than 16 times its 20-day average.
- Stock rose as much as 3.3 percent to Rs 49.85.
- Trading volume was more than four times its 20-day average.
- Stock rose as much as 1.7 percent to Rs 2,125.
- Trading volume was almost 11 times its 20-day average.
JK Lakshmi Cement
- Stock rose as much as 2.3 percent to Rs 310.
- Trading volume was more than 11 times its 20-day average.
Mindtree Set For Longest Gaining Streak In Nearly Three Years
Shares of Mindtree extended gains for the seventh consecutive trading session, their longest stretch of gains since April 2017.
The stock advanced 7 percent in seven trading sessions. The Relative Strength Index was at 78, indicating that the stock may be overbought, according to Bloomberg data.
The stock returned 4.7 percent in the past 12 months compared to a 15 percent rally in the Sensex.
GM Breweries Falls After Q3 Results Announcement
Shares of GM Breweries erased gains and fell as much as 5.1 percent to Rs 388.55 after the company announced its December quarter results.
Key Earnings Highlights (Q3, YoY)
- Revenue down 3.9 percent to Rs 119.8 crore.
- Net profit down 16.2 percent to Rs 14 crore.
- Ebitda down 20.1 percent to Rs 19.9 crore.
- Margin at 16.6 percent versus 20 percent.