Live: Nifty Futures Suggests Tepid Start; Sun Pharma, Ujjivan Financial In Focus
- Nifty futures closed at 11,064.6, a premium of 16.8 points versus a discount of 1.2 points.
- Nifty futures open interest up 4.5 percent, adds 7.7 lakh shares in OI.
- Bank Nifty futures closed at 28,260, a premium of 43.5 points versus a discount of 25 points.
- Bank Nifty futures OI up 1 percent, adds 13,000 shares in OI.
Nifty PCR at 1.20 versus 1.19 (across all series)
Nifty Weekly Expiry 22-Aug
- Max OI on call side at 11,100 (13.4 lakh shares)
- Max OI on put side at 10,900 (18 lakh shares)
- Max OI addition seen in 10,900P (+8.4 lakh shares), 11,000P (+7.5 lakh shares), 11,100C (+5.4 lakh shares)
Nifty Monthly Expiry 29 -Aug
- Max OI on call side at 11,000 (24.8 lakh shares)
- Max OI on put side at 11,000 (38.8 lakh shares)
Stocks In Ban
Stocks To Watch: J&K Bank, Ujjivan Financial Services, Spandana Sphoorty IPO, Sun Pharma
- Ujjivan Financial Services: Unit Ujjivan Small Finance Bank filed DRHP with SEBI for proposed initial public offering, comprising fresh issue of equity shares aggregating to Rs 1,200 crore.
- Sun Pharma and China Medical System Holdings entered into a licensing agreement for generic products to develop and commercialise seven generic products in mainland China.
- Bosch: VK Viswanathan resigned from post of Chairman and Non-Executive Director with effect from Aug. 23 as part of succession planning.
- J&K Bank: Anti-corruption bureau registered a fresh case in the loan fraud worth over Rs 350 crore in Jammu & Kashmir Bank on Friday and conducted searches at different places in Bengaluru. (PTI)
- DHFL stated that it is not in a position release quarterly results in time due to full time engagement of accounts and finance teams in various non-routine audits and the due diligence by various parties. Company to ensure submitting the quarterly results by Sept. 14.
- Himatsingka Seide clarified that concerned authorities in Karnataka have audited company’s manufacturing facilities and have not found any non-compliance with regulations. All wage related and statutory requirements have been duly acknowledged by the Labour Department.
- Amtek Auto: The National Company Law Appellate Tribunal declined to extend resolution period in the company’s insolvency case. NCLAT stated that since 270 days have already passed, National Company Law Tribunal should pass orders on liquidation.
- DCM: Crisil downgraded bank loan facilities worth Rs 375.88 crore to ‘CRISIL D’ (Default) from ‘CRISIL BB+’, due to delays in repaying the interest and principal obligation on the term loan.
- NACL Industries said that a new facility is being built at the Srikakulam site to meet the expected growth in demand for technicals as well as intermediates and at Ethakota Plant manufacturing of new product "SMASH” has commenced.
- Kridhan Infra arm secured orders worth Rs 145 crore for various works at Hyderabad International Airport.
- Simplex Infra: CARE Ratings downgraded long term short loan facilities worth Rs 1195 crore to ‘BBB’ from ‘A-’, with outlook remaining Negative.
- Info Edge increased its stake in Shopkirana to 25.36 percent for Rs 47 crore.
- BEML: Order Book position at Rs 8,917 crore on June 30.
- TVS Motors to invest $3.2 million in U.S.-based Predictronics Corporation, which specialises in providing end-to-end predictive maintenance analytics solutions.
- Cupid bagged Rs 14 crore order from Uganda for supply of male condoms
- Coffee Day Enterprises says total debt of group at Rs 4970 crore. Debt of group will reduce by Rs 2400 crore post Global Village Tech Park deal. The company expected to have a comfortable position to service the reduced debt obligations.
Nifty Futures Suggests Tepid Start; Asian Equities Gain
Stocks in Asia gained along with U.S. futures early Monday as traders kicked off a busy week for economic data and awaited commentary from the Federal Reserve Chief Jerome Powell.
Shares in Tokyo, Seoul and Sydney were higher and S&P 500 contracts rose. The Singapore-traded SGX Nifty, an early indicator of NSE Nifty 50 Index’s performance in India, traded flat at 11,062 as of 8:20 a.m.
Short on time? Well, then listen to this podcast for a quick summary of All You Need To Know before the opening bell.