Sensex, Nifty Log Third Record Close As Tech Shares Lead
Closing Bell: Sensex, Nifty Log Third Record Close
Indian equity benchmarks registered their third record close amid volatile trade.
The S&P BSE Sensex closed 0.17 percent or 66 points higher at 39,749 and the NSE Nifty 50 ended little changed at 11,928. The broader market index represented by the NSE Nifty 500 Index closed 0.1 percent higher.
The market breadth was tilted in favour of buyers. About 961 shares advanced and 793 stocks declined on National Stock Exchange.
Seven out of 11 sectoral gauges compiled by NSE ended lower, led by the NSE Nifty Media Index’s 1.9 percent gain. On the flipside, the NSE Nifty Auto Index was the top sectoral loser, down 0.76 percent.
SpiceJet Q4 Profit Rises 22%
SpiceJet Ltd.’s profit rose 22 percent on a yearly basis to Rs 56 crore in the three months ended March, according to its stock exchange filing.
Key earnings highlights (Q4, YoY)
- Revenue rose 25.3 percent to Rs 2,531 crore.
- Ebitdar up 39 percent to Rs 511 crore.
- Ebitdar Margin at 20.19 percent versus 18.20 percent.
Shares of SpiceJet fluctuated between gains and losses to trade 2.7 percent higher at Rs 149.75.
Stocks Moving On Heavy Volumes
- Stock rose as much as 8.6 percent to Rs 216.
- Trading volume was almost 14 times its 20-day average.
- Stock rose as much as 9.9 percent to Rs 25.95.
- Trading volume was more than 12 times its 20-day average.
- Stock rose as much as 15.5 percent to Rs 165.40.
- Trading volume was almost 10 times its 20-day average.
- Stock rose as much as 7.1 percent to Rs 238.40.
- Trading volume was nine times its 20-day average.
Gruh Finance Rebounds After Raising FPI Limit
Shares of Gruh Finance pared losses and rose 0.3 percent to Rs 323.71.
The company increased the foreign portfolio investment limit to 40 percent from 25 percent, according to its stock exchange filing.
Of the shares traded 49 percent were at the ask price and 45 percent were at the bid, according to Bloomberg data.
Market Check: Sensex, Nifty At Day’s Low
Indian equity benchmarks were trading at day’s low. Sensex fell over 250 points from day’s high and Nifty traded below 11,900.