Sensex, Nifty Resume Gains After One-Day Blip
Closing Bell: Sensex, Nifty Resume Gains After One-Day Blip
Indian equity benchmarks resumed gains after a one-day blip.
The S&P BSE Sensex rose 0.24 percent to end at 39,058.83 and the NSE Nifty 50 rose 0.14 percent to end at 11,604. The broader markets represented by the NSE Nifty 500 Index ended 0.1 percent higher.
The market breadth was tilted in favour of buyers. About 930 stocks advanced and 855 shares declined on National Stock Exchange.
Seven out of 11 sectoral gauges compiled by NSE ended higher, led by the NSE Nifty Auto Index’s 1.3 percent gain. On the flipside, the NSE Nifty Media Index was the top sectoral loser, down 1.3 percent.
Stocks Reacting To Results Announcements
Inox Leisure (Q2, YoY)
- Stock rose as much as 3.5 percent to Rs 368.85.
- Revenue up 42.3 percent to Rs 519.9 crore.
- Net profit up 3 times to Rs 35.1 crore.
- Ebitda up 3.7 times to Rs 167.7 crore.
- Margin at 32.3 percent versus 12.3 percent
Havells (Q2, YoY)
- Stock fell as much as 3 percent to Rs 657.55.
- Revenue up 1.8 percent to Rs 2230 crore.
- Net profit up 1.1 percent to Rs 181 crore.
- Ebitda down 11.4 percent to Rs 233 crore.
- Margin at 10.4 percent versus 12 percent.
Market Check: Sensex, Nifty Head For A Volatile Close
Indian equity benchmarks fluctuated between gains and losses and are headed for a volatile close.
The S&P BSE Sensex and the NSE Nifty 50 traded little changed at 39,012 and 11,591 respectively as of 3 p.m. The broader markets represented by the NSE Nifty 500 Index traded flat.
Fab Four Stocks Of The Day
- Stock rose 18 percent in last four trading sessions
- Revenue up 12 percent to Rs 988 crore.
- Net profit down 2 percent to Rs 76 crore.
- Ebitda up 60 percent to Rs 236 crore.
- Margin at 23.9 percent versus 16.7 percent.
- Exceptional loss of Rs 12.5 crore.
- Stock rose as much as 17.4 percent, their second-biggest jump since listing on Aug. 7, to Rs 1,429.75.
- The company filed 14 patents in Singapore and the U.S. The newly filed 4 patents in Singapore power innovations in AI-driven intelligence and automation.
- Stock rose as much as 5.9 percent to Rs 292.70.
- The company signed MoU with Ghana to promote long term bilateral co-corporation in transport and infrastructure development projects in Ghana.
Sterling and Wilson Solar
- Stock rose as much as 3.1 percent to Rs 600.
- Received a letter of intent for engineering, construction and procurement order for 1.09GW DC Solar Farm in the Middle East, valued at $635 million.
Global Markets Update: Europe Stocks Trim Losses
Stocks trimmed losses in Europe alongside American equity-index futures as investors plowed through mixed earnings reports for reasons to be optimistic on global economic growth.
- The Stoxx Europe 600 Index decreased 0.2 percent.
- Futures on the S&P 500 Index fell 0.1 percent.
- France’s CAC 40 Index dipped 0.4 percent.
- Hong Kong’s Hang Seng Index declined 0.8 percent.
Get your daily fix of global markets here.
MTNL Hits 5% Upper Circuit On Report Of Government’s Revival Plans
Shares of MTNL touched an upper circuit of 5 percent at Rs 5.85.
The cabinet today approved revival plan of MTNL and BSNL, according to CNBC-TV18 report.