Sensex, Nifty End Marginally Higher As Infosys’ Losses Offset Gains In TCS
Closing Bell: Sensex, Nifty End Marginally Higher As Infosys' Losses Offset Gains In TCS
Indian equity benchmarks ended marginally higher after a volatile start as gains on Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. were offset by losses in Infosys Ltd.
The S&P BSE Sensex ended 0.23 percent or 87 points higher at 38,214.47 after advancing nearly 400 points earlier. The NSE Nifty 50 closed 0.32 percent at 11,341. The broader markets represented by the NSE Nifty 500 Index rose 0.34 percent.
The market breadth was tilted in favour of buyers. About 907 stocks advanced and 879 shares declined on National Stock Exchange.
Nine out of 11 sectoral gauges compiled by NSE ended higher, led by the NSE Nifty Realty Index’s 1.64 percent gain. On the flipside, the NSE Nifty PSU Bank Index was the top sectoral loser, down 0.53 percent.
Fortis Healthcare Falls After Large Trade
Shares of Fortis Healthcare fell as much as 5.8 percent to Rs 130.
About 4.91 crore shares or 6.5 percent equity changed hands in a large trade, Bloomberg data showed. Buyers and sellers were not known immediately.
Trading volume was more times its 20-day average, Bloomberg data showed. Of the shares traded, 6 percent were at the ask price and 91 percent were at the bid.
Fab Four Stocks Of The Day
- Stock rose as much as 11.9 percent, the most in nearly a month, to Rs 65.80.
- The company signed a $240 million multi‐year deal with Invacare Corporation, to provide IT‐as‐a‐Service (ITaaS) service, according to its stock exchange filing.
- Stock rose as much as 8.4 percent to Rs 157.85.
- Company sold 376 luxury flats worth Rs 700 crore on first day of the launch of its new housing project in Gurugram
- Stock rose as much as 4.4 percent to Rs 295.
- Company received order worth Rs 375 crore from Coal India arm for supply of Bulk Explosives for a period of two years.
- Stock rose as much as 2.2 percent to Rs 235.20.
- Received zero form 483 observations by U.S. Food and Drug Administration inspections at its API plant in Dabhasa.
Market Check: Sensex, Nifty Set To Extend Gains For Second Day
Indian equity indices extended gains and are set to end higher for the second consecutive trading session.
The S&P BSE Sensex rose 0.4 percent to 38,283 as of 3 p.m. and the NSE Nifty 50 rose 0.4 percent to 11,350. The broader markets represented by the NSE Nifty 500 Index rose 0.4 percent.
Global Markets Update: European Shares Decline
European stocks sank and U.S. equity futures edged lower while Asian shares rose broadly as investors digested signs of progress in U.S.-China trade negotiations.
- The Stoxx Europe 600 Index declined 0.7 percent.
- Futures on the S&P 500 Index fell 0.1 percent.
- Germany’s DAX Index dipped 0.6 percent.
- The U.K.’s FTSE 100 Index decreased 0.4 percent.
Tata Motors Top Performer On Sensex, Nifty; Shares Jump Over 7%
Shares of Tata Motors extended morning gains to trade at day’s high.
The stock rose as much as 7.2 percent, the most since Sept. 20, to Rs 130. The scrip is the best performer on Sensex and Nifty.
At 10:30 a.m., about 10 lakh shares of the company changed hands in a large deal, Bloomberg data showed. Buyers and sellers were not known immediately.