Sensex, Nifty Clock Longest Gaining Streak In Nearly Two Weeks
Closing Bell: Sensex, Nifty Clock Longest Gaining Streak In Nearly Two Weeks
Indian equity benchmarks extended gains for the third consecutive trading session, registering their longest gaining streak in nearly two weeks.
The S&P BSE Sensex closed 0.22 percent higher at 39,215.64. and the NSE Nifty 50 closed at 11,687.50, up 0.21 percent. The broader market index represented by the NSE Nifty 500 Index closed 0.14 percent higher.
The market breadth, however, was tilted in favour of sellers. About 897 stocks declined and 849 shares advanced on National Stock Exchange.
Nine out of 11 sectoral gauges compiled by NSE ended higher, led by the NSE Nifty PSU Bank Index’s 1.1 percent gain. On the flipside, the NSE Nifty Auto Index was the top sectoral loser, down 1.02 percent.
Block Deal Alert: Yes Bank
About 19.4 lakh shares of yes bank changed hands in a block deal, Bloomberg data showed. Buyers and sellers were not known immediately.
Besides, the company is scheduled to announce its quarterly results today.
Here’s the preview of analysts consensus estimates tracked by Bloomberg
Yes Bank Earnings Estimates (Q1 YoY)
- Net interest income seen 11.6 percent higher at Rs 2,477 crore.
- Net profit seen 84 percent lower at Rs 201 crore.
- PPoP seen 40 percent lower at Rs 1,452 crore.
Market Commentary: 11,705-11,530 Key Levels To Watch For Nifty, Angel Broking Says
Indian equity benchmarks are consolidating in a range, Angel Broking’s Techincal Analyst Ruchit Jain said. “11,705-11,530 are the key levels to watch out,” Jain told BloombergQuint in an interaction. “Advisable to trade in index on a breakout from the range,” he added.
Fab Four Stocks Of The Day
- Stock rose as much as 8.4 percent to Rs 882.
- The company’s net profit jumped six times year-on-year to Rs 43.7 crore.
- Stock rose as much as 7.2 percent to Rs 287.85.
- Received work order of Rs 847.34 crore for irrigation project.
- Stock rose as much as 2.7 percent to Rs 1,483.95.
- The scrip extended gains for the fourth straight trading session ahead of results.
CG Power and Industrial Solutions
- Stock rose as much as 9.8 percent to Rs 19.55.
- Trading volumes were almost 2.5 times its 20-day average.
Sensex, Nifty Set For Longest Gaining Streak In Nearly Two Weeks
Indian equity benchmarks extended gains for the third consecutive trading session and are set for their longest gaining streak in nearly two weeks.
The S&P BSE Sensex rose 0.18 percent to 39,198 as of 3 p.m. and the NSE Nifty 50 rose 0.17 percent to 11,682. The broader market index represented by the NSE Nifty 500 Index rose 0.11 percent.
The market breadth was tilted in favour of sellers. About 885 stocks declined and 852 shares advanced on National Stock Exchange.
Edelweiss Financial Services Drops 12%
Shares of Edelweiss Financial Services fell as much as 12 percent to Rs 153.10. The stock extended declines for the second consecutive trading session.
Trading volume was triple its 20-day average, Bloomberg data showed. Of the shares traded, 24 percent were at the ask price and 28 percent were at the bid.