Sensex, Nifty Clock Best Month Since July
Closing Bell: Sensex, Nifty Clock Best Month Since July
Indian equity benchmarks registered their best monthly run since July. The benchmark indices fell for the two consecutive months earlier.
The S&P BSE Sensex Index gained over 5 percent this month to end at 36,194.30 and the NSE Nifty 50 Index ended at 10,876.75, after rallying 4.7 percent.
Today, the market breadth was tilted in favour of buyers. About 897 stocks declined and 822 shares advanced on NSE.
Seven out of 11 sectoral gauges compiled by NSE advanced, led by the NSE Nifty Realty Index's 2.2 percent gain. On the flipside, the NSE Nifty PSU Bank Index was the top sectoral loser, down 0.55 percent.
Stocks Moving On Heavy Volumes
Security & Intelligence Services
- Stock fell as much as 5.6 percen to Rs 760.
- Trading volume was almost 16 times its 20-day average.
- Stock rose as much as 6.1 percent to Rs 250.50.
- Trading volume was almost 13 times its 20-day average.
- Stock fell as much as 8.2 percent to Rs 185.35.
- Trading volume was more than seven times its 20-day average.
- Stock rose as much as 7.3 percent to Rs 613.
- Trading volume was almost six times its 20-day average.
NTPC At Over 30-Month Low
Shares of NTPC fell for the third day and declined as much as 3.3 percent to Rs 137.55, its lowest levels since May 2016.
The Relative Strength Index was 23, indicating that the stock may be overbought, Bloomberg data showed.
Oil Marketers Fall As Crude Rebound
Shares of oil marketing companies fell as Brent crude rebounded near $60 a barrel.
European Equities Decline With Trade Tension In Mind
European shares opened down, and are poised to close another month with losses, while investors assessed resolution to the trade war.
Block Deal Alert: Sun Pharmaceutical Industries
About 20 lakh shares changed hands in a single block, Bloomberg data showed. Buyers and sellers were not known immediately.