Sensex, Nifty Clock Their Best Two-Day Rally In Over Three Weeks
Countdown Live: Top Closing Strategies
Closing Bell: Sensex, Nifty Clock Their Best Two-Day Rally In Over Three Weeks
Indian equity benchmarks ended higher for the second day, registering their best two-day rally since Nov. 02.
The S&P BSE Sensex Index closed 0.45 percent higher at 35,513.14 and the NSE Nifty 50 Index ended at 10,685.60, up 0.54 percent.
The market breadth, however, was tilted in favour of sellers. Seven out of 11 sectoral gauges compiled by NSE advanced, led by the NSE Nifty IT Index's 1.43 percent gain. On the flipside, the NSE Nifty Pharma Index was the top sectoral loser, down 1.33 percent.
Stocks Moving On Heavy Volumes
- Stock rose as much as 8.6 percent to Rs 1,241.10
- Trading volume was almost 13 times its 20-day average.
- Stock rose as much as 8.9 percent to Rs 532.35.
- Trading volume was more than five times its 20-day average.
Johnson Controls-Hitachi Air Conditioning India
- Stock fell as much as 1.4 percent to Rs 1,755.45
- Trading volume was more than 40 times its 20-day average.
- Stock rose as much as 4 percent to Rs 227.
- Trading volume was seven times its 20-day average
Moody's Cuts Yes Bank's Outlook To 'Negative' From 'Stable': Bloomberg
Moody's Investors Service downgraded Yes Bank Ltd.'s foreign currency issuer rating to Ba1 from Baa3. and cut its outlook to 'negative' from 'stable', Bloomberg reported.
IFCI Gains Nearly 7% On Binani Cement Resolution
Shares of IFCI rose as much as 6.9 percent to Rs 14.60.
The company received Rs 491.84 crore via NCLT on account of a resolution passed by Binani Cement. It holds 42.16 lakh security receipts in the Binani Cement of the face value of Rs 1,000 each.
Just In: Supreme Court Defers Plea On RCom Spectrum Sale To Nov. 28
The Supreme Court deferred plea on Reliance Communications Ltd. spectrum sale to November 28.