Sensex, Nifty End Lower For Second Day In A Row As RIL, ICICI Bank Drag
Closing Bell: Sensex, Nifty End Lower For Second Day In A Row As RIL, ICICI Bank Drag
Indian indices ended lower for the second consecutive trading session, led by the declines in Reliance Industries Ltd. and ICICI Bank Ltd.
The S&P BSE Sensex fell 0.46 percent to end at 40,966.86 and the NSE Nifty 50 fell 0.52 percent to close at 12,055.80. The broader markets represented by the NSE Nifty 500 Index fell 0.43 percent.
The market breadth was tilted in favour of sellers. About 1,165 stocks declined and 618 shares advanced on National Stock Exchange.
Seven out of 11 sectoral gauges compiled by NSE ended lower, led by the NSE Nifty Metal Index’s 2.5 percent fall. On the flipside, the NSE Nifty Financial Services Index was the top sectoral gainer, up 0.27 percent.
Stocks Reacting To Results Announcement
Teamlease Services (Q3, YoY)
- Stock fell as much as 5.6 percent to Rs 2,531.
- Revenue up 15.3 percent to Rs 13,51.4 crore.
- Net profit flat at Rs 25.5 crore versus Rs 25.3 crore.
- Ebitda up 12.2 percent to Rs 27.5 crore.
- Margin at 2 percent versus 2.1 percent.
Manappuram Finance (Q3, YoY)
- Stock fell as much as 3.4 percent to Rs 178.50.
- Net interest income up 29.8 percent to Rs 910.2 crore.
- Net profit up 62.8 percent to Rs 399.1 crore.
Mastek (Q3, QoQ)
- Stock fell as much as 7.7 percent to Rs 407.10.
- Revenue flat at Rs 243.7 crore.
- Net profit up 5.7 percent to Rs 26 crore.
- EBIT up 11.2 percent to 27.8 crore.
- EBIT margin at 11.4 percent versus 10.3 percent.
Fab Four Stocks Of The Day
- Stock rose as much as 9.4 percent to Rs 1,212 after announcing December quarter results.
Key earnings highlights (Q3, YoY)
- Revenue rose 11.4 percent to Rs 260.5 crore
- Net profit rose 17.6 percent to Rs 45.4 crore
- Ebitda rose 26.2 percent to Rs 65.5 crore
- Margin stood at 25.1 percent versus 22.2 percent
- Stock rose as much as 8.6 percent to Rs 1,247.45.
- Trading volume was five times its 20-day average, Bloomberg data showed.
- Stock rose as much as 7.9 percent, the most since Dec. 20, 2019, to Rs 14.90.
- The scrip traded at 173 times its estimated earnings per share for the coming year, according to Blomberg data.
- Stock rose as much as 5.7 percent to Rs 228.
- The company is set to announce December quarter results today.
Large Trade Alert: Cholamandalam Investment And Finance
About 14.7 lakh shares of Cholamandalam Investment and Finance changed hands in a large trade, Bloomberg data showed. Buyers and sellers were not known immediately.
Stocks Moving On Heavy Volumes
- Stock rose as much as 6.2 percent to Rs 205.15.
- Trading volume was more than 15 times its 20-day average.
Navin Fluorine International
- Stock rose as much as 9.4 percent to Rs 1,212.
- Trading volume was more 11 times its 20-day average.
- Stock fell as much as 6.2 percent to Rs 1,900.60.
- Trading volume was more than seven times its 20-day average.
Vodafone Idea Drops The Most In Nearly Two Weeks
Shares of Vodafone Idea fell for the second consecutive trading session. The stock fell as much as 18.9 percent, the most since Jan. 17, to Rs 4.70.
Of the shares traded, 54 percent were at the ask price and 45 percent were at the bid, Bloomberg data showed.