Sensex, Nifty End Lower For Second Day In A Row As HDFC Bank, ITC Drag
Closing Bell: Sensex, Nifty End Lower For Second Day In A Row As HDFC Bank, ITC Drag
Indian equity indices ended lower for the second consecutive trading session, led by the declines in HDFC Bank Ltd. and ITC Ltd.
The BSE Sensex fell 0.49 percent to end at 41,257.74 and the NSE Nifty fell 0.5 percent to end at 12,113.45. The broader markets represented by the NSE Nifty 500 Index fell 0.57 percent.
The market breadth was tilted in favour of sellers. About 1,157 stocks declined and 625 shares advanced on National Stock Exchange.
All the 11 sectoral gauges compiled by the NSE ended lower, led by the NSE Nifty PSU Bank Index’s 1.9 percent fall.
Fab Four Stocks Of The Day
- Stock reversed opening losses and jumped 7.2 percent intraday to Rs 93.40 after announcing December quarter results.
Key Earnings Highlights (Q3, YoY)
- Revenue up 46.7 percent at Rs 3,647.1 crore.
- Net profit rose 32.8 percent to Rs 73.2 crore.
- Ebitdar rose 11.5 percent to Rs 508.9 crore.
- Margin at 14 percent versus 18.3 percent.
- Shares jumped as much as 5.1 percent to a lifetime high of Rs 567.55.
- Fresh longs seen with high open interest of 11 percent.
- Volumes 3 times the 20-day average, Bloomberg data showed.
- Shares rose 7 percent intraday to hit a lifetime high of Rs 464.90.
- Biggest gaining streak in seven months.
- Rises by 14 percent in last six sessions.
- Shares advanced close to 8.5 percent to Rs 572.90.
- Rises by 44 percent since listing in September 2018.
Stocks Moving On Heavy Volumes
- Stock fell as much as 7.4 percent to Rs 515.90.
- Trading volume was more than six times its 20-day average.
- Stock fell as much as 8.1 percent to Rs 21,609.
- Trading volume was nine times its 20-day average.
- Stock fell as much as 9 percent to Rs 4,176.75
- Trading volume was seven times its 20-day average.
Shree Renuka Sugars Drops The Most In Over Six Months
Shares of Shree Renuka Sugars fell as much as 12.8 percent to Rs 6.8.
Trading volume was more than two times its 20-day average, Bloomberg data showed. The scrip declined 29 percent in the past 12 months compared to a 15 percent gain in the Sensex.
Market Check: Sensex, Nifty Decline
Indian equities extended declines to trade at day’s low.
The S&P BSE Sensex fell 0.63 percent to 41,200 and the NSE Nifty 50 fell 0.66 percent to 12,095. The broader markets represented by the NSE Nifty 500 Index fell 0.68 percent.
Akzo Nobel India Rally For Second Day In A Row, Stock Hits Record High
Shares of Akzo Nobel India extended rally for the second consecutive trading session. The stock rose as much as 8.3 percent to Rs 2,448.95.
Trading volume was almost triple its 20-day average, Bloomberg data showed. The Relative Strength Index was above 70, indicating that the stock may be overbought.