Sensex, Nifty End Volatile Session With Minor Losses
Closing Bell: Sensex, Nifty End Volatile Session With Minor Losses
Indian equities ended a volatile session with minor losses, extending declines for the third consecutive trading session.
The S&P BSE Sensex fell 0.2 percent to close at 40,281.20 and the NSE Nifty 50 fell 0.27 percent to end at 11,797.90. The broader markets represented by the NSE Nifty 500 Index fell 0.34 percent.
The market breadth was tilted in favour of sellers. About 1,056 stocks declined and 714 shares advanced on National Stock Exchange.
Six out of 11 sectoral gauges compiled by NSE ended lower, led by the NSE Nifty Pharma Index’s 2.2 percent fall. On the flipside, the NSE Nifty Realty Index was the top sectoral gainer, up 0.93 percent.
Fab Four Stocks Of The Day
- Stock rose as much as 19.6 percent to Rs 1,450.
- The company signed a multi-year contract worth $410 million for fluorochemicals supply.
Camlin Fine Sciences
- Stock rose as much as 9.9 percent to Rs 74.05.
- China joint venture’s manufacturing facility resumes operations.
- Stock rose as much as 3.4 percent to Rs 647.65.
- Traders take fresh long positions; OI up 35 percent.
- Stock rose as much as 13.1 percent to hit an all-time high at Rs 979.
Stocks Moving On Heavy Volumes
Sterling & Wilson Solar
- Stock rose as much as 9.3 percent to Rs 202.
- Trading volume was eight times its 20-day average.
TVS Motor Company
- Stock fell as much as 6.7 percent to Rs 409.45.
- Trading volume was more than six times its 20-day average.
- Stock fell as much as 2.3 percent to Rs 348.05.
- Trading volume was almost seven times its 20-day average.
- Stock rose as much as 2.4 percent to Rs 205.80.
- Trading volume was six times its 20-day average.
Navin Fluorine Surges 19 To Record High
Shares of Navin Fluorine rose as much as 19.6 percent, the most since October 2016, to hit an all-time high at Rs 1,450.
The company signed a multi-year contract worth $410 million for fluorochemicals supply
Trading volume was almost nine times its 20-day average, Bloomberg data showed. The Relative Strength Index was above 70, indicating that the scrip may be overbought.
Global Markets Update: Europe Stocks Rise With U.S. Futures
European stocks gained and U.S. equity-index futures jumped on Tuesday as the selloff that wiped out this year’s global equity gains showed signs of easing.
- The Stoxx Europe 600 Index gained 0.5 percent of 8:05 a.m. London time.
- Futures on the S&P 500 Index climbed 0.9 percent.
- The MSCI All-Country World Index dipped 0.1 percent.
- The U.K.’s FTSE 100 Index gained 0.5 percent.
Get your daily fix of global markets here.
Market Check: Sensex, Nifty Volatile
Indian equities continued to fluctuate between gains and losses.
The S&P BSE Sensex fell 0.2 percent to 40,272 and the NSE Nifty 50 fell 0.3 percent to 11,792.