Sensex, Nifty Post Longest Stretch Of Weekly Gains In Over Six Months
Closing Bell: Sensex, Nifty End Week At 2019 High
Indian equity benchmarks registered their best week since November, after posting their longest stretch of weekly gains in over six months.
The S&P BSE Sensex ended 3.7 percent higher this week to close at 38,024 and the NSE Nifty 50 ended at 11,426.85, up 3.5 percent. Both the benchmarks ended the week at a fresh 2019 high.
On Friday, both the 31-share index and the 50-stock gauge closed at 0.71 percent and 0.74 percent respectively.
The market breadth, however, was tilted in favour of sellers. About 1,004 stocks declined and 734 shares advanced on National Stock Exchange.
Nine out of 11 sectoral gauges compiled by NSE advanced, led by the NSE Nifty IT Index’s 1.88 percent rally. On the flipside, the NSE Nifty FMCG Index was the top sectoral loser, down 1.69 percent.
Reliance Industries Erase Gains, Falls Over 2%
Shares of Reliance Industries erased gains and fell as much as 2.3 percent to Rs 1,311.
Buzzing Stocks: Dilip Buildcon, IDFC, TTK Prestige
- TTK Prestige: Stock fell as much as 7 percent to Rs 8,481.05.
- Dilip Buildcon: Stock rose as much as 10 percent to Rs 664.
- IDFC: Stock rose as much as 7.9 percent to Rs 45.25.
Stocks Moving On Heavy Volumes
- Stock rose as much as 16.8 percent to Rs 241.30.
- Trading volume was more than five times its 20-day average.
- Stock fell as much as 2.1 percent to Rs 1,434.90.
- Trading volume was almost 30 times its 20-day average.
- Stock fell as much as 2.8 percent to Rs 369.
- Trading volume was more than 10 times its 20-day average.
- Stock rose as much as 2.2 percent to Rs 6,649.50.
- Trading volume was more than seven times its 20-day average.
Sterlite Technologies Falls Over 11%
Shares of Sterlite Technologies fell as much as 11.3 percent, the most in over a month, to Rs 229.
Trading volume was more than six times its 20-day average, according to Bloomberg data. The stock has declined 31 percent in the past 12 months compared to a 13 percent gain in the Sensex.