Sensex, Nifty Clock Best Two-Day Rally In Nearly Three Weeks
Closing Bell: Sensex, Nifty End Higher For Second Day
Indian equity benchmarks extended gains for the second day and clocked their best two-day rally in nearly three weeks.
The S&P BSE Sensex Index closed 0.4 percent higher at 35,898.35 and the NSE Nifty 50 Index ended at 10,789.85, up 0.51 percent.
The market breadth was tilted in favour of sellers. About 1,183 stocks advanced and 540 shares declined on National Stock Exchange.
Ten out of 11 sectoral gauges compiled by NSE advanced, led by the NSE Nifty Pharma Index’s 1.28 percent rally. On the flipside, the NSE Nifty IT Index was the only sectoral loser, down 0.13 percent.
Stocks Moving On Heavy Volumes
- Stock rose as much as 11 percent to Rs 124.25.
- Trading volume was almost triple its 20-day average.
IndoStar Capital Finance
- Stock rose as much as 9.1 percent to Rs 349.70.
- Trading volume was more than quadruple its 20-day average.
- Stock rose as much as 8.1 percent to Rs 513.85.
- Trading volume was nearly double its 20-day average.
- Stock fell as much as 2.6 percent to Rs 728.10.
- Trading volume was almost 40 times its 20-day average.
European Shares Swing As Trade Talks Advance
European stocks fluctuated between gains and losses as optimism over trade talks was countered by a spat over coal imports between Australia and China.
Metal Index Extends Gain For Third Day
The NSE Nifty Metal Index extended gains for the third consecutive trading session, led by APL Apollo Tubes Ltd.’s 4.3 percent advance.
Market Check: Sensex, Nifty At Day’s High
- Indian equity benchmarks traded at day’s high.
- Sensex rose as much as 0.5 percent to 35,934.07 and the Nifty traded near 10,800.
- All the 11 sectoral gauges compiled by NSE advanced, led by NSE Nifty Metal Index’s 1.2 percent rally.