Sensex, Nifty End Lower For Second Day
Closing Bell: Sensex, Nifty End Lower For Second Day
Indian equity benchmarks ended lower for the second day, erasing morning gains, after the tensions between India and Pakistan escalate.
The S&P BSE Sensex ended 68 points or 0.19 percent lower at 35,905 after rallying nearly 400 points intraday. The NSE Nifty 50 Index ended at 10,806.65, down 0.26 percent.
The market breadth was tilted in favour of sellers. About 942 stocks advanced and 792 shares declined on National Stock Exchange.
Seven out of 11 sectoral gauges compiled by NSE ended lower, led by the NSE Nifty Media Index’s 0.88 percent decline. On the flipside, the NSE Nifty PSU Bank Index was the top sectoral gainer, up 0.52 percent.
From Bloomberg: Government Lifts Airport Shutdown Notification
Stocks Moving On Heavy Volumes
- Stock fell as much as 10 percent to Rs 97.65.
- Trading volume was more than triple its 20-day average.
- Stock rose as much as 17.2 percent to Rs 294.80.
- Trading volume was almost 13 times its 20-day average.
- Stock rose as much as 16.9 percent to Rs 3,400.
- Trading volume was almost 10 times its 20-day average.
Rain Industries Swings To Loss In Q4
Rain Industries swung to loss during the three months ended December.
Key Earnings Highlights (Q4, CY18 YoY)
- Revenue up 9.5 percent to Rs 3444 crore.
- Net loss at Rs 139.1 crore versus net profit of Rs 307.2 crore.
- Ebitda down 82.3 percent to Rs 117.9 crore.
- Margin at 3.4 percent versus 21.9 percent.
- Other Expenses up 39 percent to Rs 906.6 crore.
- Raw materials as percent of sales to 51 percent versus 42 percent.
Europe Market Check: Stocks Turn Lower On India-Pakistan Tensions
Rising tensions between India and Pakistan rippled across markets Wednesday, sending stocks and futures lower from Asia to Europe.