Sensex, Nifty Clock Worst Three-Day Fall In Nearly Two Months
Countdown Live: Dealing Room Recommendations, Top Closing Strategies And More
Closing Bell: Sensex, Nifty End Lower For Third Day
Indian equity benchmarks closed lower for the third straight trading session, clocking their worst three-day fall since Dec. 24, 2018.
The S&P BSE Sensex Index closed 0.66 percent lower today at 36,153.62 and the NSE Nifty 50 Index ended at 10,831.40, down 0.53 percent.
The market breadth was tilted in favour of sellers. About 1,002 stocks declined and 733 stocks advanced on National Stock Exchange.
Eight out of 11 sectoral gauge compiled by NSE fell, led by the NSE Nifty PSU Bank Index’s 1.6 percent decline. On the flipside, the NSE Nifty Media Index was the top secoral gainer, up 1.33 percent.
Fab Four Stocks Of The Day
Here are the fab four stocks of the day:
Stocks Reacting To Earnings Announcement
RITES (Q3, YoY)
- Stock fell as much as 3.4 percent to Rs 213.
- Revenue up 42.2 percent to Rs 511.4 crore.
- Net profit up 10.2 percent to Rs 117.5 crore.
- Ebitda down 2.2 percent to Rs 133.2 crore.
- Margin to 26. percent versus 37.9 percent.
- Turnkey Construction Project Costs to Rs 108 crore versus Rs 18.3 crore
Redington (India) (Q3, YoY)
- Stock rose as much as 16.5 percent to Rs 77.
- Revenue up 11.7 percent to Rs 12630.1 crore.
- Net profit up 13.9 percent to Rs 145.1 crore.
- Ebitda up 32.1 percent to Rs 276.7 crore.
- Margin to 2.2 percent versus 1.9 percent.
- Impairment of Goodwill and Other Intangible to Rs 71.1 crore in the current quarter.
NCC (Q3, YoY)
- Stock rose as much as 7.5 percent to Rs 84.65.
- Revenue up 63.5 percent to Rs 3378.7 crore.
- Net profit up 70.3 percent to Rs 165.9 crore.
- Ebitda up 63 percent to Rs 414.4 crore.
- Margins flat at 12.3 percent.
Heidelbergcement India (Q3, YoY)
- Stock rose 2.6 percent to Rs 146.05.
- Revenue up 14.8 percent to Rs 563.9 crore.
- Net profit up 84.3 percent to Rs 58.6 crore.
- Ebitda up 48.1 percent to Rs 122.6 crore.
- Margins at 21.7 percent versus 16.9 percent.
Can Fin Homes Jumps The Most In Nearly Two Months
Shares of Can Fin Homes rose as much as 12.6 percent, the most since Oct. 24, 2018, to Rs 269.85.
Trading volume was 6.7 times its 30-day average, Bloomberg data showed. The stock has declined 7.3 percent so far this year compared to a 0.7 percent advance in the Sensex.
Hindalco + Utkal Alumina Q3 Profit Up 47%, Shares Gain
Hindalco Industries Ltd., along with its Utkal unit, reported a net profit of Rs 713 crore during October-December period, an increase of 47 percent from the year ago period, according to its stock exchange filing.
Key earnings highlights (Standalone + Utkal unit) (Q3, YoY)
- Revenue up 8.1 percent to Rs 11,938 crore.
- Net profit up 47.3 percent to Rs 713 crore.
- Ebitda up 3 percent to Rs 1,926 crore.
- Margin at 16.1 percent versus 16.9 percent.
Shares of Hindalco rose 0.7 percent to Rs 200.80 after the results announcement.