Sensex, Nifty Clock Their Best Two-Day Rally In Over A Month
Closing Bell: Sensex, Nifty Extend Gains For Second Consecutive Day
Indian equity benchmarks ended higher for the second consecutive trading session, closing their best two-day rally in over a month.
The S&P BSE Sensex ended 1.05 percent or 378 points higher today at 36,442.54 and the NSE Nifty 50 ended at 10,987.45, up 1.14 percent.
About 1,493 stocks advanced and 290 stocks declined on National Stock Exchange. Ten out of 11 sectoral gauges compiled by NSE advanced, led by the NSE Nifty Auto Index’s 3.13 percent gain. On the flipside, the NSE Nifty IT Index was the only sectoral loser, down 1.16 percent.
Stocks Moving On Heavy Volumes
- Stock rose as much as 6.8 percent to Rs 1,042.
- Trading volume was more than 13 times its 20-day average.
- Stock rose as much as 8.5 percent to Rs 1,385.40.
- Trading volume was more than 11 times its 20-day average.
- Stock rose as much as 9.1 percent to Rs 225.70.
- Trading volume was almost nine times its 20-day average.
Excel Crop Care
- Stock rose as much as 12.6 percent to Rs 3,699.
- Trading volume was more than triple its 20-day average.
Block Deal Alert: Indian Hotels
About 10 lakh shares of Indian hotels changed hands in a block deal, Bloomberg data showed. Buyers and sellers were not known immediately.
Money Market Update: Rupee Extends Gain
The Indian rupee strengthened further to trade at day’s high. The home currency appreciated as much as 0.39 percent to 70.63 against the greenback.
European Equities Trade Marginally Higher
European equities trade marginally higher as investors await details regarding a potential trade deal.