Sensex, Nifty Close At One-Month Low
Block Deals Alert
- Motherson Sumi: About 16.4 lakh shares changed hands in a single block deal on BSE.
- Reliance Power: About 11.9 lakh shares changed hands in a single block deal on NSE.
Buyers and sellers were not known immediately
Europe Market Check: Equities Decline
European stocks declined slightly, kicking off an earnings-heavy week just below 2019’s highs, though energy stocks stemmed losses.
PSU Bank Stocks Shine
The Nifty PSU Bank Index was the top sectoral gainer as most of the state-owned banks were trading higher.
Stocks Moving On Heavy Volumes
- Shares advanced over 8 percent intraday to Rs 264.40.
- The trading volume was almost eight times the 20-day average.
Lemon Tree Hotels
- Shares fell as much as 2.2 percent to Rs 74.60.
- The trading volume was almost triple the 20-day average.
Cholamandalam Financial Holdings
- Shares rose nearly 3 percent to Rs 514 apiece.
- The trading volume was 10 times the 20-day average.
- Shares fell 2.3 percent intraday to Rs 364.20 apiece.
- The trading volume was triple the 20-day average.
Maharashtra Scooters At Lifetime High
Shares of the auto-parts maker rose 3.2 percent intraday to an all-time high of Rs 3,939.50 apiece.
The shares advanced 62 percent in the past 12 months compared to a 12 percent gain in the Sensex. The trading volume nearly five times the 20-day average for this time of the day, Bloomberg data showed.