Sensex, Nifty End Lower After Volatile Trade
Closing Bell: Sensex, Nifty End Lower After Volatile Trade
Indian equity benchmarks ended lower after a topsy-turvy trade.
The S&P BSE Sensex ended 0.42 percent or 161 points lower at 38,7800.53 and the NSE Nifty 50 ended at 11,604.50, down 0.53 percent. The broader market index represented by the NSE Nifty 500 Index ended 0.52 percent lower.
The market breadth was tilted in favour of sellers. About 1,026 stocks fell and 739 shares advanced on National Stock Exchange.
Ten out of 11 sectoral gauges compiled by NSE fell, led by the NSE Nifty Realty Index’s 2.19 percent fall. On the flipside, the NSE Nifty IT Index was the only sectoral gainer, up 0.66 percent.
Stocks Moving On Heavy Volumes
- Stock fell as much as 8.5 percent to Rs 184.45.
- Trading volume was more than nine times its 20-day average.
- Stock fell as much as 2.8 percent to R 2,495.
- Trading volume was almost 30 times its 20-day average.
- Stock fell as much as 4.4 percent to Rs 204.
- Trading volume was six times its 20-day average.
- Stock fell as much as 1.9 percent to Rs 68.40.
- Trading volume was five times its 20-day average.
Block Deal Alert: Aditya Birla Capital
About 19.5 lakh shares of Aditya Birla Capital changed hands in a block deal on BSE, Bloomberg data showed. Buyers and sellers were not known immediately.
Market Check: Sensex, Nifty At Day’s Low
Indian equity benchmarks were trading at day’s low. Sensex dropped over 500 points from day’s high and Nifty traded near 11,550.