Q3 Results: Godrej Consumer To Focus On Innovation To Revive Growth
Godrej Consumer Products Ltd. plans to focus on innovative products to revive consumer demand in its home insecticides business.
“Our challenge (in terms of demand growth) has been home insecticides category which has been affected by seasonal issues and prevalence of unsafe and illegal incense sticks,” said Vivek Gambhir, its managing director and CEO, in an interview with BloombergQuint. “A combination of innovations should enable us to bring the insecticide business on track.”
Key Highlights: (YoY)
- Revenue rose 3.5 percent to Rs 2,722 crore.
- Net profit declined 1.5 percent to Rs 423.5 crore.
- EBITDA gained 3 percent to Rs 616 crore.
- Operating margin contracted 20 basis points to 22.6 percent.
- Branded volume growth of 1 percent.
The stock declined as much as 7.7 percent in a flat Mumbai market today.