Pimco Names Four Men, One Woman as New Managing Directors
(Bloomberg) -- Pacific Investment Management Co. named four men and one woman as new managing directors, the equivalent of partners of the firm that oversees $1.66 trillion.
The new appointees are:
- Mangala V. Ananthanarayanan, head of business management teams in Europe, the Middle East Africa and Asia. Before joining Pimco in 2006, she worked at PricewaterhouseCoopers LLC. She’s based in London.
- Pramol Dhawan, co-chair of the emerging markets portfolio committee. He joined Pimco in 2013 from Societe Generale. He’s based in Newport Beach, California.
- Greg Sharenow, portfolio manager in Newport Beach focused on commodities, energy and real assets. He joined Pimco in 2011 from Hess Energy Trading.
- Jason R. Steiner, a portfolio manager based in Newport Beach responsible for opportunistic residential real estate debt and equity products. He joined Pimco in 2009 from Natixis Capital Markets.
- Ichiro Takeuchi, head of institutional client management in Japan. He joined Pimco in 2003 from Goldman Sachs Group Inc.
With Thursday’s promotions, Pimco, a unit of Allianz SE, has 80 managing directors, 13 of whom are women, according to spokeswoman Agnes Crane. The list includes Mike Amey, who is retiring in June.
©2019 Bloomberg L.P.