October Auto Sales Live: Hero MotoCorp Sales Drop 19%; Tata Motors Declines 32%
Hero MotoCorp Sales Fall 19%
Hero MotoCorp sales fell 19 percent to 599,248 units, according to its exchange filing. The company also reported 12.84 lakhs in terms of retail sales clocked last month, the filing said.
Tata Motors Sales Fall 32%
Tata Motors Ltd. sold 41,354 units last month, a fall of 33 percent from the year-ago period, according to its stock exchange notification. The company will continue its focus on system stock reduction as we prepare for the BS-VI transition, the firm said in an exchange filing. “Overall system stock is now at a multi-quarter low, which coupled with increasing enquiries, and the government's thrust on infrastructure investments, will help firm-up volumes and realisations in the coming month.”
Key Highlights (YoY)
- Total passenger vehicle sales fell 28 percent to 13,169 units.
- Total commercial vehicle sales down 36 percent to 28,002 units.
- Commercial vehicle exports fell 54 percent to 2,019 units.
- Domestic medium and heavy commercial truck sales fell 63 percent to 4,893 units.
Shares declined 3 percent to close at Rs 172.40 each ahead of the sales update.
Eicher Motors' Royal Enfield Sales Up 2%
Motorcycle sales rose 2 percent to 71,964 units for the month of October, according to its exchange filing.
- Sales of models with engine capacity up to 350cc fell 5 percent to 64,257 units.
- Sales of models with engine capacity over 350cc more than doubled to 7,707 units.
- Exports shot up 10-fold to 4,426 units.
The shares closed 2.5 percent down at Rs 21,976.15 each.
Eicher Motors VECV Sales Fall Over 37%
Eicher Motors Ltd.’s VE Commercial Vehicles’ sales stood at 3,755 units, a drop of 37.5 percent from the same period last year, according to its stock exchange filing.
TVS Sales Decline 19%
TVS Motor Company Ltd. sold 3.23 lakh units last month a fall of 19 percent from October 2018, the Chennai-based company said in a stock exchange filing.
Key Sales Highlights (YoY)
- Two-wheeler sales fell 20 percent to 3.08 lakh units.
- Domestic two-wheeler sales fell 25 percent to 2.52 lakh units.
- Scooter sales fell 20 percent to 1.21 lakh units.
- Motorcycle sales fell 17 percent to 2.53 lakh units.
- Three-wheeler sales rose 8 percent to 15,207 units.
- Two-wheeler exports rose 22 percent to 55,477 units.
- Overall exports rose 20 percent to 69,339 units.
The stock traded 4.8 percent lower at Rs 463.20 after the announcement.