Tech Shares Help Sensex, Nifty Extend Gains For Second Day
Closing Bell: Tech Shares Help Sensex, Nifty Extend Gains For Second Day
Indian equity benchmarks extended gains for the second consecutive trading session, led by the gains in technology shares.
The S&P BSE Sensex closed 130 points or 0.33 percent higher at 39,816.48 and the NSE Nifty 50 ended above 11,900, up 0.35 percent. The broader market index represented by the NSE Nifty 500 ended 0.33 percent higher.
The market breadth, however, was tilted in favour of sellers. About 926 stocks declined and 820 shares advanced on National Stock Exchange.
Six out of 11 sectoral gauges compiled by NSE ended lower, led by the NSE Nifty Realty Index’s 1.59 percent fall. On the flipside, the NSE Nifty IT Index was the top sectoral gainer, up 1.04 percent.
CreditAccess Grameen Aims To Meet 40% Of Its Funding Needs Abroad
CreditAccess Grameen Ltd. on Tuesday said it aims to meet 40 percent of its fund requirements via borrowings from the international market in 2019-20.
Click here to read the full story and watch the full interaction.
BQ Exclusive: RBI Panel Estimated ‘Transferable Surplus’ At Just About Rs 8,000 Crore
The panel set up to review the Reserve Bank of India’s economic capital framework estimated the transferable surplus, or the amount the central bank could potentially pass on to the government, is close to Rs 8,000 crore, a person familiar with the matter told BloombergQuint on condition of anonymity.
Read the full story here.
BHEL Names Navin Shinghal As Chairman, Managing Director
State-run Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. named Navin Shinghal as chairman and managing director for a period of five years.
Shares of BHEL traded 1.2 percent lower after the announcement. The stock fell 2.1 percent intraday.
Fab Four Stocks Of The Day
- Stock rose as much as 7.3 percent to Rs 64.70.
- The Supreme Court said that the company can apply for compensatory dues for past years for Mundra plant CERC will decide to tariff in three months, while after the company’s application payment have to be made in six months
Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers
- Stock rose as much as 3.5 percent to Rs 127.65.
- Government of India issued tenders for Rs 15,000 crore on warship building.
- Ordered range from vessels, patrolling , hovercraft and barges from seven shipyards.
Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals
- Stock rose as much as 2.6 percent to Rs 237.95.
- About 19.9 lakh shares changed hands in a block deal, Bloomberg data showed.
Adani Green Energy
- Stock rose as much as 14.6 percent to Rs 52.15.
- Trading volume was 17 times its 20-day average.
Market Check: Sensex, Nifty Set To End Higher For Second Day
Indian equity benchmarks are set to end higher for the second consecutive trading session.
The S&P BSE Sensex rose nearly 75 points to 39,763 as of 3 p.m. and the SNE Nifty 50 traded near 11,900, up 0.22 percent. The broader market index represented by the NSE Nifty 500 Index rose 0.17 percent.