Sensex, Nifty End Off The Day’s Low Led By Rebound In Autos, Pharma
Another Rangebound Session
Indian equities had another volatile, rangebound session to end with modest losses for the second straight session.
The S&P BSE Sensex ended 20 points lower at 51,309 while the NSE Nifty 50 ended little changed at 15,106.
Among the sectoral indices, the Realty index was the top performing sectoral index in today's session, ending with gains of 1.6%. The Auto index ended 1% higher while the Nifty Pharma index ended with gains of 0.7%.
The Nifty Bank index was the laggard in today's session, ending 0.7% lower while other sectoral indices ended little changed.
Broader markets outperformed in today's session. The Nifty Midcap index gained 0.8% while the Smallcap index rose 0.7% at the close of trade.
India Volatility Index fell 1.6% to end at 23.88.
919 stocks on the NSE ended with gains while 971 stocks ended with losses.
Cipla, Lupin Lead Gains On The Pharma Index
Eicher Motors Q3FY21 (Consolidated, YoY)
- Revenue up 19% at Rs 2,828.3 crore Vs Rs 2,371 crore
- Net profit up 7% at Rs 532.6 crore Vs Rs 498.7 crore
- Ebitda up 13% at Rs 672.1 crore Vs Rs 592.3 crore
- Ebitda margin at 23.8% Vs 25%
VA Tech WABAG Wins Orders
GAIL India Q3FY21 (Standalone, QoQ)
- Net sales up 13% at Rs 15,454.3 crore Vs Rs 13,642.8 crore
- Net profit up 20% at Rs 1,487.3 crore Vs Rs 1,239.7 crore
- Ebitda up 43% at Rs 1,919.5 crore Vs Rs 1,338.2 crore
- Ebitda margin at 12.4% Vs 9.8%
- Natural Gas revenue up 5% at Rs 1,613.5 crore Vs Rs 1,540 crore
- LPG revenue up 3% at Rs 175.3 crore Vs Rs 169.5 crore
- Natural Gas Marketing revenue up 13% at Rs 11,903.4 crore Vs Rs 10,506.7 crore
- Petchem revenue up 15% at Rs 1,936.6 crore Vs Rs 1,684.7 crore
Benchmark Indices Decline For Second Day
- Nifty down 0.4% at 15,040
- Sensex down 0.5% at 51,059
- Nifty Bank down 1.2% at 35,607
- Nifty Midcap index up 0.1%
- Nifty Small cap index up 0.4%
- India Volatility Index up 0.7% to 24.45
- Nifty Realty index is the top sectoral gainer; up 1% while auto index gains 0.4%
- PSU Bank index is the other sectoral laggard; down 0.7%
- Other indices trade flat or with a negative bias
- Bajaj Finserv remains the top Nifty gainer; up 3.1%
- Adani Ports remains the top Nifty laggard; down 1.7%
- 775 stocks on the NSE trade with gains while 1,087 stocks decline