March Auto Sales Live: Bajaj Sales Rise The Most In Three Months
Bajaj Sales Rise 17.6%
The company sold 3.93 lakh units last month, a rise of 17.6 percent from same period last year, the Pune-based automaker said in an exchange filing.
Key Sales Highlights (YoY)
- Domestic motorcycle sales rose 39 percent to 2.20 lakh units.
- Motorcycle exports fell 7 percent to 1.03 lakh units.
- Total motorcycle sales rose 20 percent 3.24 lakh units.
- Domestic commercial vehicles sales declined 13 percent to 38,972 units.
- Commercial vehicles’ exports jumped 56 percent to 30,841 units.
- Total commercial vehicle sales rose 8 percent to 69,813 units.
- Total domestic sales rose 27 percent to 2.59 lakh units.
- Total exports rose 3 percent to 1.34 lakh units.
Eicher Sales Fall 20%
Royal Enfield-maker Eicher Motors Ltd. saw monthly sales in March decline 20 percent to 60,831 units.
- Sales of models with engine capacity up to 350cc fell 21 percent.
- Sales of models with engine capacity over 350cc fell 11 percent.
- Exports rose 28 percent.
TVS Motor Sales Remain Flat
TVS Motor Company Ltd.'s monthy sales in March remained flat at 3.2 lakh units.
- Two wheeler sales fell 1.5 percent to 3.1 lakh units. This was due to a drop in scooter sales, while motorcycle sales grew 5 percent.
- Exports rose 28 percent to 76,405 units.
- Three wheeler sales rose 33 percent to 14,444 units.
Tata Motors Sales Drop 1%
Tata Motors Ltd. sold 68,709 units in March with sales falling one percent due to weak consumer sentiment.
Commercial vehicle sales in March grew 4 percent over last year, it said in its stock exchange filing. "The market however, continues to exhibit subdued demand on back of lingering effects of liquidity crisis, lag effect of the implementation of revised axle load norms, slowing economy and weak IIP growth index.
- Medium and heavy commercial vehicle sales declined 9 percent while light commercial vehicle sales rose 17 percent.
- Cargo and pickup sales grew 11 percent.
- Car sales declined 12 percent.
- Exports too fell 11 percent.
Hero Moto Sales Fall 20%
Hero MotoCorp Ltd. sold 5.8 lakh units in March, a decline of 20 percent over last year.
India’s largest bikemaker too saw sales decline in March “due to a conscious effort to bring down the inventory levels in the system”.