Mahurat Trading: Experts Give Top Stock Ideas For Samvat 2075
Brijesh Singh, Senior Technical Analyst, StockAxis
- Stick to large-cap stocks instead of mid-cap stocks
Top picks include: Reliance Industries, RBL Bank, DCB Bank, Bata, Tech Mahindra, NIIT
Hadrien Mendonca, Senior Technical Analyst, IIFL
- We've had a grand opening this Samvat
- The question here is, will this sustain?
- We are sticking to large-cap stocks instead of mid-cap stocks
Top picks include: Reliance Industries, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Aarti Industries
Raamdeo Agrawal, Co-Founder, Motilal Oswal Financial Services
- Banking system usually grows two times the economy’s growth rate.
- With just a few private players to cater this kind of growth, a liquidity crunch is bound to happen.
- NBFCs are a good asset franchise, but weak liability franchise.
- With weak NBFCs, opportunity for larger private sector banks is high.
- Large asset base and wider presence gives large private sector banks an edge over others.
- After 10 years, a serious capex cycle in India has begun.
- As India is coming out of a capex slump, construction and infrastructure companies will tend to benefit.
- Market is now adjusting to lower level of fund flows.
- Correction is done for markets and the economy is set to grow.
- Markets have seen deep corrections and valuations and are now very reasonable.
- The real estate sector is still in pain. Customers are happy, but the builder community is in pain.
Deven Choksey, Managing Director, KRChoksey
- Election, crude and rupee are the headwinds in today's market.
- Samavat Year 2075 should be strong due to the strong fundamentals of the Indian economy.
- Would advise you to buy stocks based on valuations.
- Large-cap stocks are available at attractive valuations due to corrections.
Ajay Srivastava, MD, Dimensions Corporate Finance Services
- The feeling entering Samvat 2075 is a little somber.
- Not planning into an entire year, only uptil elections.
- Global events have impacted us substantially and domestic markets is saturated with retail participants.
- Looking into new Samvat with the retail investors saturated with investments which have done okay or not okay depending on when they entered the market.
- Challenge for today is that we won’t see the same bullishness in supply of capital, as we did last year.
- Stick to the large-cap stocks
- Use the revival of mid-caps stocks to exit out.
- Do not get tempted by mid-caps stocks, they are a trap.
- Now is the time to take concentrated portfolio bets, maximum 10-12 stocks.
- Elections do wonderfully for few industries and we should stick to those.
- Need to play a lot safer for the next nine months
- Top stock picks: HDFC Bank, HDFC
Top sectors: Liquor, transport, tractors and rural-facing companies, gas