Sensex, Nifty Post Best Three-Day Rally Since May 2009
Markets In The March Series
- Nifty falls 26 percent, worst since October 2008
- Sensex falls 25 percent, worst since October 2008
- All constituents in Nifty, Sensex, Nifty bank post losses
- All sectoral indices report losses this series
- Barring Nifty FMCG, Nifty Pharma and Nifty I.T. other sectoral indices fall over 30 percent
- All constituents of all sectoral indices report losses in March series
What Aided The Nifty Gains
Closing Bell: Benchmarks Extend Gains For Third Day
Indian equity markets advanced for the third straight day, registering the best three-day rally since May 2009.
The S&P BSE Sensex ended with gains of 4.9 percent at 29,946, up 1,260 points. 23 out of the 30 stocks ended the day with gains. The index has advanced 15.2 percent in the last three days.
The NSE Nifty 50 index ended 3.89 percent higher at 8,641. 38 out of the 50 stocks ended with gains. Today's move takes Nifty's 3-day advance to 13.7 percent.
Among sectoral indices, all sectors ended with gains with the Nifty Realty index being the top performer with gains of 7 percent.
1,275 stocks ended the trading day with gains, while 503 stocks posted losses.
Axis MF's Jinesh Gopani's Stock Picking Criteria
Nifty FMCG Index Surges To The Day's High
Trading Ideas From Sacchitanand Uttekar Of Tradebulls
- Buy L&T around Rs 820 - 825 for target of Rs 950 and stop loss of Rs 775
- Buy Bata India around Rs 1,220 for target of Rs 1,320 and stop loss of Rs 1,170