ICICI Bank, RIL Help Sensex, Nifty Extend Record Run On F&O Expiry
Closing Bell: ICICI Bank, RIL Help Sensex, Nifty Extend Record Run On F&O Expiry Day
Indian equity benchmarks ended higher on F&O expiry day, led by the gains in Reliance Industries Ltd. and ICICI Bank Ltd.
The S&P BSE Sensex and the NSE Nifty 50 closed at all-time high levels for second day in a row. The 31-share index rose 0.27 percent to end at 41,130 and the NSE Nifty 50 rose 0.42 percent to close at 12,151.15. The broader markets represented by the NSE Nifty 500 Index rose 0.55 percent.
The Nifty index’s futures and options series gained for the third straight month in November. In November series, Nifty rose 2.3 percent and Nifty Bank rose 6.8 percent.
The market breadth was tilted in favour of buyers. About 972 stocks advanced and 810 shares declined on National Stock Exchange.
Nine out of 11 sectoral gauges compiled by NSE ended higher, led by the NSE Nifty PSU Bank Index’s 3.5 percent gain. On the flipside, the NSE Nifty Auto Index was the top sectoral loser, down 0.28 percent.
Stocks Moving On Heavy Volumes
- Stock rose as much as 12.8 percent to Rs 464.80.
- Trading volume was 30 times its 20-day average.
- Stock fell as much as 2.3 percent to Rs 733.60.
- Trading volume was six times its 20-day average.
- Stock rose as much as 1.4 percent to Rs 5,891.
- Trading volume was more than three times its 20-day average.
- Stock rose as much as 3.6 percent to Rs 151.95.
- Trading volume was five times its 20-day average.
Large Trade Alert: Hatsun Agro, Nalco
- Nalco: About 10 lakh shares changed hands in a large trade.
- Hatsun Agro: About 13 lakh shares of the company changed hands in a large trade.
Buyers and sellers were not known immediately.
Global Markets Update: Europe Stocks Decline
Stocks slipped along with U.S. equity futures after President Donald Trump signed a bill backing Hong Kong protesters, raising concerns about the prospects for an interim trade deal between the world’s two largest economies.
- Futures on the S&P 500 Index dipped 0.3 percent.
- The Stoxx Europe 600 Index decreased 0.3 percent.
- The MSCI Asia Pacific Index declined 0.2 percent.
- The MSCI Emerging Market Index fell 0.2 percent.
Get your daily fix of global markets here.
Bharti Infratel Top Performer On Nifty
Shares of Bharti Infratel rose as much as 10.9 percent, the most since Nov. 19, 2019.
Trading in the company's call options totalled 3,216 contracts, compared with the average of 1,327 over the past 20 days, according to Bloomberg data. Trading in the company's put options totalled 1,291 contracts, compared with the average of 702 over the same period.
Coffee Day Enterprises Hits 5% Lower Circuit For Fifth Day
Shares of Coffee Day Enterprises hit their lower circuit of 5 percent for the fifth consecutive trading session.
The stock declined 84 percent in the past 12 months compared to a 15 percent advance in the Sensex. The scrip traded 7.6 times its estimated earnings per share for the coming year, Bloomberg data showed.