HDFC, RIL Help Sensex, Nifty Halt Two-Day Losing Streak
Closing Bell: HDFC, RIL Help Sensex, Nifty Halt Two-Day Losing Streak
Indian equity benchmarks ended marginally higher, led by the gains in Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd. and Reliance Industries Ltd.
The S&P BSE Sensex rose 0.1 percent to close at 40,487.43 and the NSE Nifty 50 rose 0.13 percent to end at 11,937.50. The broader markets represented by the NSE Nifty 500 Index ended flat.
The market breadth was tilted in favour of sellers. About 1,065 stocks declined and 726 shares advanced on National Stock Exchange.
Six out of 11 sectoral gauges compiled by NSE ended lower, led by the NSE Nifty Realty Index’s 1.6 percent decline. On the flipside, the NSE Nifty Auto Index was the top sectoral gainer, up 0.8 percent.
November AMFI Data | Total Mutual Fund Industry Inflows Down 59%, Month-On-Month
Fab Four Stocks Of The Day
Sun Pharma Advanced Research
- Stock rose as much as 10.1 percent to Rs 169.35.
- Abraxis Biosciences dismisses patent infringement complaint filed against the company regarding New drug application
- Stock rose as much as 9 percent, the most since April 2017, to Rs 157. The shares had declined nearly 20 percent, the most since January 2008 on Friday.
- The scrip declined 28.4 percent so far this year compared to an 13.5 percent advance in the Sensex.
- Stock rose as much as 4 percent to Rs 216.50.
- Fresh longs seen with high open interest of 7 percent.
- Trading volume was 1.5 times its 20-day average.
- Stock rose as much as 3.7 percent, the most in nearly a month, to Rs 311.50.
- Company to consider fundraising via QIP on Dec. 12
Stocks Moving On Heavy Volumes
- Shares rose as much as 1.1 percent to Rs 1,045 each.
- The trading volume was 11 times its 20-day average.
- Shares declined 1 percent intraday to Rs 975.95 apiece.
- The trading volume was six times its 20-day average.
Tata Investment Corp.
- Shares declined 1.2 percent intraday to Rs 802.25 apiece.
- The trading volume was three times the 20-day average.
EID Parry India
- Shares rose as much as 8.7 percent intraday to Rs 208.40 apiece.
- The trading volume was six times the 20-day average.
Yes Bank Erases Gain On Report Braich’s Offer May Be Rejected
Shares of Yes Bank erased gains and fell 3 percent to Rs 54.30.
The company’s board is poised to reject the offer of $1.2 billion from Braich in its Tuesday’s meeting, according to a Bloomberg report.
Of the shares traded on NSE, 53 percent were at the ask price and 44 percent were at the bid, according to Bloomberg data.
Coffee Day Extends Decline, Shares Fall 15%
Shares of Coffee Day extended morning declines and fell as much as 14.5 percent, the most since July 31, to Rs 41.15.
The company’s sale of its technology park to Blackstone Group is stalled as one of its creditors hasn’t approved the deal, Bloomberg reported quoting people with the knowledge of the matter.
“Yes Bank hasn’t issued the so-called no objection certificate as it’s seeking assurances on repayments of other loans taken by Coffee Day,” people asking not to be identified told Bloomberg.