Sensex, Nifty Second-Best Yearly Gains In Five Years
Closing Bell: Sensex, Nifty Second-Best Yearly Gains In Five Years
Indian equity benchmarks registered their second-best yearly gains in five years
The S&P BSE Sensex returned 14.3 percent in 2019 to close the year at 41,253 and the NSE Nifty 50 advanced 12.1 percent during the period to end at 12,176.30.
On Tuesday, the 30-share index fell 0.7 percent and the 50-stock gauge fell 0.65 percent. The 500-stock index 0.53 percent.
Nine out of 11 sectoral gauges compiled by NSE ended lower, led by the NSE Nifty Media Index’s 1.5 percent fall. On the flipside, the NSE Nifty Realty Index was the top sectoral gainer, up 0.7 percent.
Jubilant FoodWorks Extends Gain To Hit Record High
Shares of Jubilant FoodWorks extended gains for the fourth consecutive trading session. The stock rose 2.3 percent to hit an all-time high at Rs 1,665.50.
Stocks Moving On Heavy Volumes
- Stock fell as much as 1.4 percent to Rs 140.
- Trading volume was more than 20 times its 20-day average.
- Stock rose as much as 10.2 percent to Rs 3,224.
- Trading volume was more than 11 times its 20-day average.
- Stock rose as much as 8.5 percent to Rs 1,975.
- Trading volume was almost 12 times its 20-day average.
- Stock rose as much as 9.1 percent to Rs 256.50.
- Trading volume was almost eight times its 20-day average.
Fab Four Stocks Of The Day
- Shares extended gains for the sixth consecutive trading session. The stock rose as much as 19.6 percent, the most since December 2012, to Rs 648.
- Trading volume was 70 times its 20-day average, Bloomberg data showed.
Power Finance Corporation
- Stock rose as much as 4 percent to Rs 118.80.
- Fresh longs seen with high open interest of 11 percent.
- Trading volume was four times its 20-day average.
- Stock rose as much as 12.9 percent to Rs 402.
- The company signed five new agreements with Marriott International for 1,500 plus keys in Luxury and Upper-Circle Hotel Tiers. The company will build hotels and extend contracts across brands such as W, Westin & Marriott Executive Apartment in Hyderabad and Mumbai.
Kalpataru Power Transmission
- Stock rose as much as 2.4 percent to Rs 409.85.
- The company bagged orders worth Rs 979 crore, the manufacturer of transmission line towers said in a stock exchange filing.
Global Markets Update: Stocks Decline In Thin Trading
Stocks in Asia drifted in thin trading on the last day of a year that has delivered spectacular returns across asset classes.
- Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 Index fell 1.8 percent.
- Hang Seng Index slipped 0.5 percent.
- Shanghai Composite Index was flat.
- S&P 500 futures drifted 0.1 percent higher.
- The S&P 500 Index fell 0.6 percent.
Get your daily fix of global markets here.