Sensex, Nifty Close At Record Highs For Third Day In A Row As RIL, TCS Lead
Closing Bell: Sensex, Nifty Close At Record Highs For Third Day In A Row As RIL, TCS Lead
Indian equity benchmarks closed at record highs for the third consecutive trading session.
The S&P BSE Sensex rose 0.28 percent to end at 41,673.92 and the NSE Nifty 50 rose 0.31 percent to to close at 12,259.70. The broader markets represented by the NSE Nifty 500 Index rose 0.28 percent.
The market breadth was tilted in favour of buyers. About 915 stocks advanced and 842 shares declined on National Stock Exchange.
Six out of 11 sectoral gauges compiled by NSE ended higher, led by the NSE Nifty Auto Index’s 1.03 percent gain. On the flipside, the NSE Nifty Financial Services Index was the top sectoral loser, down 0.32 percent.
Stocks Moving On Heavy Volumes
- Stock rose as much as 16.4 percent to Rs 176.
- Trading volume was more than nine times its 20-day average.
- Stock rose as much as 6.2 percent to Rs 280.95
- Trading volume was more than five times its 20-day average.
- Stock rose as much as 5.8 percent to Rs 43.90.
- Trading volume was more than four times its 20-day average.
Fab Four Stocks Of The Day
Texmaco Rail & Engineering
- Stock rose as much as 13.2 percent to Rs 35.15.
- NCLAT gives stay order on Tribunal order for insolvency proceedings
- On Dec. 16, The operational creditor Veekay General has filed an application under insolvency proceedings for an alleged operational debt of Rs 63 lakh, which was admitted by NCLT Kolkata. The company had filed its appeal against the order before NCLAT.
- Stock rose as much as 8.6 percent to Rs 596.20.
- Rises for sixth consecutive session
- Stock rose as much as 11.3 percent to Rs 139.30.
- Receives Rs 170 crore award of pentavalent vaccines from the UN agencies. Protects children against influenza-based diseases
- Stock rose as much s 5.8 percent to Rs 7.35.
- Receives patent for terry fabric weave by European patent office.
Yes Bank Rebounds, Shares Surge 10%
Shares of Yes Bank pared losses and rose as much as 10 percent to Rs 51.40. The stock had declined 3.9 percent earlier.
Of the shares traded, 54 percent were at the ask price and 43 percent were at the bid, according to Bloomberg data.
Texmaco Rail Surges 13% On NCLAT Order
Shares of Texmaco Rail and Engineering rose as much as 13.2 percent to Rs 35.15.
The National Company Law Appellate Tribunal has given a stay order on Kolkata’s National Company Law Tribunal order.
On Dec. 16, The operational creditor Veekay General has filed an application under insolvency proceedings for an alleged operational debt of Rs 63 lakh, which has been admitted by NCLT Kolkata. The company had filed its appeal against the order before NCLAT.
Trading volume was five times its 20-day average, Bloomberg data showed.
Orient Electric Halts Two-Day Gaining Streak, Shares Fall 6%
Shares of Orient Electric fell as much as 5.7 percent to Rs 184.05, halting a two-day gaining streak.
The stock advanced 21 percent in the past 12 months compared to a 14 percent gain in the Sensex.