HDFC Bank, RIL Help Sensex, Nifty Extend Record Run
Closing Bell: HDFC Bank, RIL Help Sensex, Nifty Extend Record Run
Indian equity benchmarks closed at all-time high for the second consecutive trading session.
The S&P BSE Sensex rose 0.5 percent to close at record high of 41,558.57 and the NSE Nifty 50 rose 0.47 percent to end at an all-time high at 12,221.65. The broader markets represented by the NSE Nifty 500 Index rose 0.34 percent.
Meanwhile, the NSE Nifty Bank Index, too, crossed a new milestone. The 12-share gauge rose 0.32 percent to end at an all-time high at 32,244.25.
The market breadth, however, was tilted in favour of sellers. About 940 stocks declined and 840 shares advanced on National Stock Exchange.
Nine out of 11 sectoral gauges compiled by NSE ended higher, led by the NSE Nifty Pharma Index’s 1.2 percent gain. On the flipside, the NSE Nifty PSU bank Index was the top sectoral gainer, up 1.89 percent.
Bond Markets Update: 10-Year Yield Falls
The yield on the 10-year note fell as much as five basis points to 6.7 percent.
Fab Four Stocks Of The Day
- Stock hit upper circuit of 20 percent at Rs 265.85.
- Promoters hike stake in the company, acquired 0.24 percent stake or 5.4 lakh shares.
Prestige Estates Projects
- Stock rose as much as 9.6 percent to Rs 359.50.
- Board to consider raising funds via preferential issue on Dec. 20
- Preferential issue is addressed to an identified allottee.
- Stock rose as much as 6.9 percent to Rs 197.80.
- Initiates Legal Action To Recover Outstanding Amount of Rs 14 crore from two companies.
- The company as already made provisions for this amount in previous reporting periods.
- Stock rose as much as 4.5 percent to Rs 421.85.
- Sells 125 Apartments worth Rs 200 crore in Goregaon Project
- Goregaon Project has 225 apartments and the company is company targeting sales between Rs 300-325 crore.
NCLAT Says Removal Of Tata Sons Illegal; Tata Motors, TCS Decline; Shapoorji Pallonji Group Surge
NCLAT rules in favour of Cyrus Mistry on petition challenging his removal as Chairman of Tata Sons. Restores Mistry to original position as Executive Chairman.
Shares of Tata Motors retreated from a seven-month high and fell as much as 4.8 percent to Rs 171.
Meanwhile, shares of Shapoorji Pallonji Group companies surge.
Stocks Moving On Heavy Volumes
- Stock rose as much as 7.6 percent to Rs 424.70.
- Trading volume was more than six times its 20-day average.
- Stock fell as much as 7.1 percent to Rs 42.80.
- Trading volume was five times its 20-day average.
- Stock rose as much as 17.7 percent to Rs 22.90.
- Trading volume was almost five times its 20-day average.
- Stock rose as much as 5.1 percent to Rs 504.40.
- Trading volume was more than four times its 20-day average.
HDFC Bank Crosses New Milestone, Hit Rs 7 Lakh Crore In Market Cap
HDFC Bank Ltd. crossed a new milestone after hitting Rs 7 lakh crore in market capitalisation.